Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Please give us more options for captured cities

Copied to clipboard!
4 years ago
Oct 26, 2020, 9:35:30 AM

When I capture a city, I am stuck with it. This is not always what I intended for the territory - maybe I wanted to attach it to another city instead, especially in the early game when there are few administrators. Maybe in the later game I capture a city I know I won't be able to defend or apply enough influence on to keep it from defecting. Therefore, I would like to have options to raze a city on capture or reduce it to an outpost (so that I can attach it to another city).

Are such options in the pipeline?

0Send private message
4 years ago
Oct 26, 2020, 9:39:02 AM

You can raze a city by ransacking its center. Converting back to an outpost is unlikely to be added as there's already a medieval era technology that allows you to merge two adjacent cities.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Oct 26, 2020, 9:39:05 AM

If you ransack the city center, you essentially raze the city. If you want to get the city for yourself, force your enemy into surrender and demand the city from them/

0Send private message
4 years ago
Oct 26, 2020, 10:09:40 AM

Thank you for the quick answers!

Makes sense that it would work like this; how does it work though? Do you select the ransack action, then the city? I had been just right-clicking the city, which led to a battle which (when won) automatically led to occupying the city. Do I understand you right that you clicked the ransack action first instead of attacking the city outright? Or could you ransack the occupied city after capturing it? Does that work on your own cities too?

0Send private message
4 years ago
Oct 26, 2020, 10:12:20 AM
Satur9NL wrote:

Thank you for the quick answers!

Makes sense that it would work like this; how does it work though? Do you select the ransack action, then the city? I had been just right-clicking the city, which led to a battle which (when won) automatically led to occupying the city. Do I understand you right that you clicked the ransack action first instead of attacking the city outright? Or could you ransack the occupied city after capturing it? Does that work on your own cities too?

You need to first capture the city to ransack it. And I believe so.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Oct 26, 2020, 10:24:58 AM

Thank you! I hadn't thought of it working like that, I'll go try it out later. Moral of the story is probably that a lot of these issues will be clarified once the tutorial is fully implemented, so if a dev sees this: *here's a thing to put in the tutorial*.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Oct 26, 2020, 11:19:33 AM

Sounds reasonable, thanks for the information about the ransacking. I wondered about it myself.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Oct 26, 2020, 10:51:07 PM
Salterius wrote:

If you ransack the city center, you essentially raze the city. If you want to get the city for yourself, force your enemy into surrender and demand the city from them/

I just tried, ransaking a newly plopped city takes 25 turns, which is forever. It needs to be improved.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Oct 26, 2020, 11:10:18 PM
SunshineWings wrote:
Salterius wrote:

I just tried, ransaking a newly plopped city takes 25 turns, which is forever. It needs to be improved.

You should add another unit to the one already ransacking, it will take only a few turns (2 or 3).

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 29, 2021, 2:17:17 AM

If it's fortified, like it spawned after turn 100, then you cannot enter the city without taking it, at which point you cannot ransack it. There really needs to be a less clunky way to deal with this. I would love a button next to liberate marked "resettle" to disperse the population of the city you cannot administer. As it is I have to station a whack-a-mole army next to independents that don't like me once I hit the city cap.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 29, 2021, 2:18:41 AM

OTOH, thanks for the free "militarist" stars... so it's also a bit of an exploit. Take, liberate, smash.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 10, 2021, 3:48:55 PM

Oh how I wish I would've came here first during my war based- no intelligence run, this really helps a lot knowing now. Had saw options to ransack city when near and had no idea. Currently negative -58000.00 influence, got a lot of ransacking to do.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment