So the only issues my friends and I are having besides the lack of trees is during the deployment phase of a manual battle. If we select a unit via the top right unit selection boxes it will allow us to move that unit to another location if we wish. Now if we accidentally select the wrong unit and wish to just hit A to leave that unit where he is nothing happens. If we press B to deselect that unit to choose another unit it just takes us out of the battle entirely and back to the strategic map. We then have to re-enter the battle just to select a different unit to move around during the deployment phase. 

Another issue with the way units are selected during manual battle is if we accidentally hit A on a unit at the beginning of deployment and wish to just go back to the top right set of menus to hit the checkbox and end the deployment phase and start the battle, we can't do that. We now have to either move someone somewhere that we don't want to move them to and then back or leave the battle and come back to get up to that check box to start the battle.

This all just makes it feel like I'm fighting the UI just to enjoy the manual battle mode and its super annoying. I'd say just let us press B at any time to get back up to that top right menu and chose different units and then B again if we want to exit the battle mode and go to the strategic map. We should also be able to press A on that unit to tell him to just stay where he is if we don't want to move him. Would be nice to also let us select which units we want to select and move straight from the map as well as up in the top right list of units. Could just press B to deselect a unit so no one gets accidentally moved like on Civ 6.

Thanks,

CaptWrangles