Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
2 years ago
Nov 10, 2022, 5:25:41 PM

Public Ceremonies need a rework. The idea under those repeteables buildings is very interesting, but there is a disproportion between costs and effects that is systematically unbalanced. Nobody is ready to pay 500 industry during the first eras for a +5 foof Feast, and, when this industry cost becomes more acceptable dozens of turns later, there are simply much more buildings more interesting to do.

Two ways can motivate players to build Public Ceremonies (seriously, who has ever wanted to build a Trade Fair and its +4 money ?) :
1 - Public Ceremonies could provide a bonus percentage instead of a fix value : for example, Feast could give +5% food production to its city instead of +5 food.
2 - Otherwise, Public Ceremonies could provide a fix bonus value to the city's quarters, like Holy Day which already offers +5 Faith to every Holy Site, and which is the only appealing Public Ceremonie at the present day, if you make a very specialized city.

Updated 3 days ago.
0Send private message

Nice to have

The NICE TO HAVE status is given by the dev team to ideas they would like to have in the game.

benblond

DEV benblond

status updated a year ago

Hey, 

We definitly do agree with you that public ceremonies need a rework. To be fully honest, it's something we have in mind for the very near future. I can't tell you exactly the final form it would take, but be assured that we are intensively think about it ^^

Have a very nice day

And thanks a lot for submitting your thoughts

Ben

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Nov 10, 2022, 5:36:35 PM

No one want to build this Public ceremony.

For me, there are just here as a joker. You need [Food / Influence / Gold / etc ], but don't have the EQ or Improvement or the stability to improve this output. You have this solution !

There are not reeally powerfull, but they have to be worst than a any district. Otherwise, you just build district.

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Nov 10, 2022, 6:54:45 PM

I don't think they are intended as replacement to base any kind of strategy on them.
The two options you seem to favour might be too strong.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Nov 10, 2022, 9:23:56 PM

I like the way the Vanilla Improvement Project handles it, where public ceremonies are much cheaper and their effects tweaked but spread out through the Civics tree. So in comparison they are much more useful situationally and not a waste of industry but they require you committing to a specific civic choice to be able to repeat them.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jan 9, 2023, 4:48:51 AM

I finally played a game and built repeatables. I was playing as the industrial era Lakota which nerfs FIMS output for all but your capital city, leaving very little you can afford to build. (however the capital city gets huge FIMS bonuses if you detach all your current admin centers)

my non capital cities needed food or stability (since all their admin centers had been detached) so I started building food or stability with the appropriate repeatable. although these non capital cities had no FIMS I could use ransacking money and the civic that converts influence buys to money buys to buy these repeatables and stabilize these cities. going into the next era these cities consequently had 'extra' food and stability, beyond what they needed before I became the Lakota

the caveat is the more you build a specific repeatable the more the next instance of that repeatable costs, so eventually it costs too much to build it again (ransacking money can be huge but it is certainly not infinite)

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
2 years ago
Mar 27, 2023, 9:05:43 AM

hey there! 

Thanks a lot for your feedbacks!

I totally agree with you how much it can be disappointed at the moment. In fact we are currently rethinking the effects of those repeatable and the way they work. 

Have a very nice day

0Send private message
a year ago
Apr 5, 2023, 8:32:23 PM
benblond wrote:

hey there! 

Thanks a lot for your feedbacks!

I totally agree with you how much it can be disappointed at the moment. In fact we are currently rethinking the effects of those repeatable and the way they work. 

Have a very nice day

Great news ! Thanks a lot.

0Send private message

Nice to have

The NICE TO HAVE status is given by the dev team to ideas they would like to have in the game.

benblond

DEV benblond

status updated a year ago

Hey, 

We definitly do agree with you that public ceremonies need a rework. To be fully honest, it's something we have in mind for the very near future. I can't tell you exactly the final form it would take, but be assured that we are intensively think about it ^^

Have a very nice day

And thanks a lot for submitting your thoughts

Ben

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment