Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Allow to buy more things with influence in outposts

Game optionsTerritories ManagementEconomy

2 years ago
Nov 18, 2022, 5:37:58 PM

In its current state, the game allows players to buy trees, harbors, extractors for strategic resources, deposit for luxuries and even manufactories!

It is nice, as it:

• gives one more way to use influence
  • helps improve territories that one doesn't want to attach for various reason, still benefitting from the resources
  • keeps the production line in the city free for other stuff when finally attaching the territory

So, why stop there? Some other districts should benefit from this possibility, especially if manufactories are allowed:

• Natural reserves » why be allowed to plant trees but not make NR?
  • Railway stations  » if harbors are allowed, it seems fair.
  • Airports (the civil version) » same idea as for Railway stations.

Thank you for you time and don't hesitate to upvote the idea if you like it.

Updated 20 hours ago.
0Send private message

Implemented

The IMPLEMENTED status designates ideas that have been implemented in the game.

dalloks

DEV dalloks

status updated 7 months ago

Hey there!

We took some elements of your idea and implemented it in the George Sand update! You can now buy more things with influence in Outposts, such as Train Stations and Airports. 

Thank you again for your submission.

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Nov 24, 2022, 3:53:04 AM

I also found the harbor thing a bit of an exploit - if you have a culture with a harbor EQ, you can build a ton of them for basically a small amount of influence - compared to how much it would cost if you built it with production in a city. I mean it's a ridiculous difference.

But I still upvote your idea, just to make leaving outposts outside of the city more viable. Not everything should in a city until later eras (if we consider outpoists to be not fully controlled areas).

0Send private message
2 years ago
Nov 24, 2022, 4:31:39 AM

I do agree with your remark to some extent, having rushed fishing with the Phoenicians, and then played the Carthaginians quite some times.
I think the price should go up with the number of things bought. First a Phoenician EQ? Ok, small price. Then a Carthaginians one? Double it. Third a Swahili one? Increase it again. Then a normal harbor? It should still be pricey.

And thanks for the upvote.

0Send private message

Must have

The MUST HAVE status is given by the dev team to ideas they would really like to have in the game.

Daarkarrow

DEV Daarkarrow

status updated 2 years ago

Hola!

We agree that it would be a nice addition.
The team is thinking about the different options that could be interesting to be added.
Thanks for the idea.

Have a nice day ^-^

0Send private message
a year ago
May 24, 2023, 6:21:11 AM

Interesting, to me the influence insta-building feels exploitative and way to OP. So I agree but only if the influence costs will be much higher than they are now. I also wouldn’t mind if the instant building goes away. 

0Send private message
a year ago
Sep 22, 2023, 11:54:13 AM

allowing the building of units or infrastructure with influence could be cool if it was implemented as a specific cultural trait so that it doesn't stack unfairly with the existing cultural boons, alternatively something in a religious tenet or effect from a wonder to prevent it being used too early in the ancient era.

Stops mattering after feudalism anyways more or less.
Could also be interesting receiving the ability to build a particular building from a random event/curiosity and given a time limit so it cant be counted on ahead of time.

As it is, it's already a pretty broken feature haha, I love it until it's used against me.

Updated a year ago.
0Send private message

Implemented

The IMPLEMENTED status designates ideas that have been implemented in the game.

dalloks

DEV dalloks

status updated 7 months ago

Hey there!

We took some elements of your idea and implemented it in the George Sand update! You can now buy more things with influence in Outposts, such as Train Stations and Airports. 

Thank you again for your submission.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment