Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

History Summary/Playback at end of game

GUIGame optionsLobby

a year ago
May 27, 2023, 3:53:45 PM

Hey all,

I love this game, however, I have such a hard time TELLING my stories about it with the tools currently in the game. Everytime I go to make a post in the forums telling my HUMANKIND story I'm held back by the fact of ok...I need to somehow find a way to communicate this 300 turn NARRATIVE into something cohesive, showing the turning points of the game, how empires expanded and fell. I can try using just the graphs, but that's limiting.

I don't know the technical details of the game, but maybe it can be a toggleable action if it has high technical overhead...but I think there should be a historical state in every save, that shows the history of the entire map - an analogue would be the Total War series end of campaign screen that lets you view the timeline of the map: showing your empire expand/contract on a turn based timeline visually within the minimap **if diplomatic states or war start/war end could be tracked too 0.0!!!

I know this is an undertaking but it would really allow people to SHARE their 'HUMANKIND' story. Otherwise I have to go find autosaves, or old saves in my 3 week long games against friends and take screenshots, hoping that the critical moments I want to share in my narrative are in that saved turn OR REMEMBER what turn X or Y thing happened.

Thanks

**Addendum/edit: Also if there would be a way to have a library/gallery of all the games I have finished so I can review those stats/endgame graphs etc would be great, I think ES2 had something like that?

Updated 23 days ago.
0Send private message

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
a year ago
May 28, 2023, 5:16:40 PM

Just to make a reference, this is my attempt to commmunicate a game of humankind:
https://community.amplitude-studios.com/amplitude-studios/humankind/forums/229-your-humankind-stories/threads/52338-how-cheddahbeast-lost-at-humankind%E2%84%A2-or-how-i-learned-i-loved-this-game?page=1

It felt like playing a whole other 300 turns to be able to summarize the game, show the key points and changing geography, loading up whatever saves I could find in midpoints of the game etc...

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment