Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
a year ago
Jun 5, 2023, 6:57:52 AM

I believe that adding a means to find the strategic resources you are missing for infrastructure or units would be a fantastic quality-of-life improvement that would cut down on wasted time by presenting the relevant information in a logical and succinct way.

I imagine it would look something like this, in practice:

In essence, this would be a magnifying glass icon that would allow the player to seek out the missing resource, if available. If the technology required to identify the resources hasn't been researched, the button would be greyed out and hovering over it would show the words 'Missing required technology to seek this resource.' or similar.

When clicking on this button, it would be preferable that the city menu does not close, so that the button can be pressed again if the node it chooses is not preferable whilst cycling through a list of available options with each click; I imagine the best order in which to prioritise this array would start with unclaimed resources, nearest to furthest, then allied resources, and then resources belonging to cultures that are not allied or friendly with you (though nearest to furthest would probably work fine too as it still cuts down on time wasted overall considerably).

It would be important to implement this for the 'List' view, too:

The 'List' view may become a little messier as more resources that might not be claimed are added as the game progresses, I'm sure there are several ways to mitigate this clutter to choose from.

I hope people find this idea useful, and would enjoy it being added. I had this thought as I was attempting to build nuclear missiles the other day and hoped it might help others that are seeking out strategic resources in their games. Thank you for reading!

Edit: This could also function the same way by clicking the resource icon itself instead of a separate magnifying glass, I suppose; this would cut down on the problems that the 'List' view would face with clutter.

Updated a month ago.
0Send private message

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
a year ago
Sep 17, 2023, 12:09:10 PM

This idea is pretty much defunct with the changes of the Anne Bonny update, but could be added as a means to highlight where the resources are to mitigate the extra industry cost of making the unit/quarter without having the materials instead, even so.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment