Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Minor diplomacy changes hope to see in the next update or fix as soon as possible:

DiplomacyNotification system

a year ago
Sep 24, 2023, 2:31:45 AM

1)Differentiate offense and defence in war support: “Surprise war” debuff should only apply to aggressor (nations propose demands or declare war), defending side shouldn’t have any automatic war support lost, it should remain the same until attacker arrive. 

2)Sent notice when  an ally is in war, nation could rally or swing their ally to join the war instead of demanding them to do so. 

3) Postpone Congress of Humankind to contemporary era. The voting result of international crisis submitted to Congress of humankind should be either “ interfere” (force a white peace) or “not interfere” (let the war continue). It should be“collective security”, not “collective bullying”

Updated 14 days ago.
0Send private message

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
a year ago
Sep 24, 2023, 11:52:37 AM

Agree, especially about allies and war. Right now you just get a grievance against your ally - I'd prefer something like the total war approach, which adds an additional defensive alliance:

Total war defensive alliance:

If your ally declares a war, you need not take any action

If your ally has war declared on them, you must declare war or break the alliance (with a reputation hit)

Total war alliance: 

If your ally declares war or has war declared on them, you must declare war or break the alliance (with a reputation hit) 

0Send private message
a year ago
Sep 26, 2023, 3:05:38 PM
dongliz wrote:

Agree, especially about allies and war. Right now you just get a grievance against your ally - I'd prefer something like the total war approach, which adds an additional defensive alliance:

Total war defensive alliance:

If your ally declares a war, you need not take any action

If your ally has war declared on them, you must declare war or break the alliance (with a reputation hit)

Total war alliance: 

If your ally declares war or has war declared on them, you must declare war or break the alliance (with a reputation hit) 

Indeed, the total war alliance system would be a huge improvement for HK in diplomatic mechanism, a good place to start. But as an ETW fan, I must say the total war reputation and attitude mechanism may need significant rework before amplitude studios could really implement it. It is perfect fine for militant world-conquering players, yet very unfriendly with those who desire to maintain balance of power or being a pure pacifist. I personally would favor paradox game approach-realpolitik mechanisms such as crisis phase (Victoria 3 ) and coalition (EU4), but yes, total war approach is much more of a practical proposal at the moment.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment