Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Make Wonders more special

EconomyNarrative EventsCultures

8 months ago
Feb 7, 2024, 9:42:25 AM

Wonders of the world are supposed to be the great works of a culture. In many 4x games, wonders are seen as something that just belongs to a civilisation and doesn't mark it, because there are so many of them and they don't change much for the culture. 

That's why I'm in favour of making wonders much more expensive, giving them around 500 fame and, similar to the Colloseum, giving them a unique effect that should be relatively strong. To give wonders a more special role, you should get a unique event after completion, which strengthens your culture in the short term.

In general, there should be more events in connection with wonders, just to remind the player of his great creation. 

Thanks for reading and I will be happy to read your suggestions for improvement

Updated a month ago.
0Send private message

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
7 months ago
Feb 18, 2024, 6:02:38 AM

I was just going to make this suggestion. While adjacency bonuses and extra holy sites are nice they aren't exactly fun to build outside of how they look in your cities and even then a lot of wonders still dont provide bonuses for building them near your cities. The abilities don't even need to be game changing, just as long as they add flare to the gameplay.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment