Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Vote complete

Day 1 Mod - Subject

A few months ago, we told you all about our plans for modding in Humankind, including a map editor, dedicated modding tools, and access to the AI. As part of these plans, we're working on a day one mod to show off some of what you can do with the modding tools, and we want our community to have a say in the creation of this mod. Previously we let you vote on the theme of the mod, with Science Fiction emerging as the winner.

Sci-fi is still a broad category, though, so this time we want to narrow down the subject matter of the mod. Let us know which of these you'd most like to see!

7 464 100

g2g pts

The Endless Universe
Winner

The Endless Universe

6 870 000

g2g pts

Far Future

Far Future

2 673 000

g2g pts

Post-Apocalyptic

Post-Apocalyptic

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Apr 28, 2021, 5:21:23 AM

i pick endless universe, there is just too much potential for it, both canon and uncanon. playing as your own custom made hissho or drakken character, or making one of the heroes from the universe as your avatar, like researcher namkang, or senya snowridge.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 28, 2021, 6:52:27 AM

Endless Universe is a little bit Post Apocalyptic in Endless Legend... So hard to choose
Pure Post apocalyptic is uncommon in 4x, but I love the Endless universe.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 28, 2021, 7:03:08 AM

Since Amplitude decided for hard separation of Endless Universe from Earth universe, I'd prefer not to have Endless theme even in the form of official mod. Let there be Endless Legend 2 for that purpose.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 28, 2021, 8:51:03 AM

I'd think with event group system there's will be nice some "Detective-event world" mod. Like a Blade Runner world - Far future and Post-Apocalyptic in tough together ties with balls of threads.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 28, 2021, 3:31:58 PM

couldn't decide between far future and post-apo. voted for second one.

guys, stop pushing into far future, humanity needs to suffer in post-apocalypse first :)

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 29, 2021, 8:14:25 AM

Haven't really been interested in Humankind specifically because it's not Endless. However, if it gets an official Endless mod I'll end up buying Humankind.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 30, 2021, 6:31:02 PM

Hold up, Endless should not even be in Sci-fi category, it's Science Fantasy!

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
May 1, 2021, 11:18:21 PM
I highly disagree with that statement. There is no Post-Apocalyptic game like this at all, which is why a modded version would be perfect since we would finally have one.
DNLH wrote:
Ended up voting Far Future, Post-Apo is just a tired subject. Seeing Humankind-style game in Endless Universe, but not EL version of it, would also be quite interesting, but I got to think about giving some tools/models to modders so they add future era mod quickly ;)

0Send private message
3 years ago
May 2, 2021, 4:14:43 AM
DNLH wrote:
Ended up voting Far Future, Post-Apo is just a tired subject. Seeing Humankind-style game in Endless Universe, but not EL version of it, would also be quite interesting, but I got to think about giving some tools/models to modders so they add future era mod quickly ;)

Yeah it'd be nice to like ... something different. Numenera / Jack-Vance ... esqu not something I'd see in a movie.

0Send private message
3 years ago
May 2, 2021, 4:15:58 AM
sic_kapkan wrote:

couldn't decide between far future and post-apo. voted for second one.

guys, stop pushing into far future, humanity needs to suffer in post-apocalypse first :)

Uhm. No. There's ... 

Short version - we don't come back from that. It's just Mad Max or maybe if we're very lucky, Adventure Time shenanigans. 

0Send private message
3 years ago
May 2, 2021, 4:58:01 PM

Went for Far Future. While would love inclusion of Endless, the devs have been rather forceful of this not being related to that universe. Post-apocalyptic is something I believe modders will be able to do themselves with competent tools, but an official far future mod can serve as a continuation of the game. And if the opendev has taught me anything, it's that the allotted time is not enough!

0Send private message
3 years ago
May 2, 2021, 6:08:26 PM

Far Future would be sick, and I think it fits humankind's theme of progress more than any other mod idea. However, I would like to see the endless universe incorporated at some point too. 

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
May 3, 2021, 3:35:07 AM

The communities loyalty to the endless Franchise is steadfast against the other 2 choices, at 1st place with about 900,000 point lead at the time of this text, It appears the endless universe will win despite the devs attempt to seperate humankind from the endless franchise.

On a less dramatic note, i actually wonder what a endless themed mod would look like, would it just be avatar customization like creating a drakken character to play as or against, or would it be a bit more drastic as in making hissho ground units resembling their appearence in the ES2 ground combat scenes.

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment