Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Vote complete

Day 1 Mod - Subject

A few months ago, we told you all about our plans for modding in Humankind, including a map editor, dedicated modding tools, and access to the AI. As part of these plans, we're working on a day one mod to show off some of what you can do with the modding tools, and we want our community to have a say in the creation of this mod. Previously we let you vote on the theme of the mod, with Science Fiction emerging as the winner.

Sci-fi is still a broad category, though, so this time we want to narrow down the subject matter of the mod. Let us know which of these you'd most like to see!

7 464 100

g2g pts

The Endless Universe
Winner

The Endless Universe

6 870 000

g2g pts

Far Future

Far Future

2 673 000

g2g pts

Post-Apocalyptic

Post-Apocalyptic

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
May 3, 2021, 4:32:00 AM
DNLH wrote:
Ended up voting Far Future, Post-Apo is just a tired subject. Seeing Humankind-style game in Endless Universe, but not EL version of it, would also be quite interesting, but I got to think about giving some tools/models to modders so they add future era mod quickly ;)

Are votes based on how many people vote, or the G2G points they have?

0Send private message
3 years ago
May 3, 2021, 5:15:05 AM
Hardcore Endless franchise fan here. I'm disappointed that it was even an option. This game should be its own thing, and a far future mod would be great to recreate stuff from Alpha Centauri. It would be great to increase the game length too. A shame, an official mod made by the devs would probably be better developed than one made by a team of volunteers.
0Send private message
3 years ago
May 3, 2021, 2:26:02 PM

Wouldn't an endless mod be rather similar to the already existing endless games. I guess that's kinda the point. Would be cool seeing the different factions as cultures.

I voted post apocalypse since I've never seen a 4x tackle what happens after nukes, besides the win screen.

0Send private message
3 years ago
May 3, 2021, 3:16:34 PM

Far Future please. At first, I found it really hard to get into the lore and world of EL. It was too chaotic for me with the sudden changes in seasons. But after a while I learned to like it.

Humankind in my opinion should be a seperate world frame and leading humans into the far future would be interesting to me. A good challenge is using influence and diplomacy to prevent another world war or reduce climate change, then usher in a grand united future for space exploration.

0Send private message
3 years ago
May 3, 2021, 4:12:15 PM

I'd love seeing an Endless mod as well but would much prefer seeing a Far Future mod for Day One. We're used to seeing Endless so let's see what the mod system can do with something new.

0Send private message
3 years ago
May 3, 2021, 5:51:17 PM

While I'm personally fond of far future, I'm voting for post apocalypse instead. 

Games like humanity typically have their game over or win condition at a "would-be" apocalypse but the idea of a gsg-lite/4x starting from ancient era and riding into the future and continuing whatever that future may be is far more intriguing to me from a design perspective than just another setting. Such a game would also introduce the idea of potentially regression over the course of a game and re-emergence. Post collapse society is just as much a part of human development after all, we've collapsed as a species to less than 1000 humans on earth before and come back from that. While this mod would not likely cover this kind of game play changes it would be great to see what kind of inspiration could come from this for other creators in design of other mods or similar games. 

In short, the good times are worth more when we know there is no limit to how bad a bad time can be, and in those bad times the hope of a recovery and a prosperous future makes it easier not to give up and just start a new game. It'd also be an interesting change in dynamic by turning the nuclear (or equivalent) option from one that surmounts to flipping the table to instead a strategic option in the event of a last resort to force a "reset" in the game by dragging the world down with you, so you can try come back up on top. 

Unique cultures in utopian eras and collapse/post collapse eras could also be really interesting seeing what kind of sum culture comes out the other end of such a path of human history. Imagine the kind of culture you'd see from a civilization that succumbed in the medieval era to the black death in an alternate world where it nigh drove us to extinction, but then managed to come back from that. They might be in the "modern" era 200 years later or so but what kind of effect would such a detour have on that culture. What new ideologies, technologies, views of morality etc.

We have the base line for "aspire to the future" covered well, but I'd love to see this counterbalanced with a "but watch out for the fall" and see what kind of game emerges where both are possible within a single Playthrough, rise and fall and rise again. 

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
May 3, 2021, 10:34:39 PM

I'd be interested in post apocalyptic IF it were a consequence of in game decisions; like at some point during a game, your decisions led to a global apocalypse, and the game continued with a post-apocalyptic ruleset afterwards.

0Send private message
3 years ago
May 4, 2021, 4:43:47 AM
It becomes more apparent endless universe will most likely take this vote as first place, with only 9 hours left and a 600,000 point lead at the time of this text. However the votes for far future have gone into overdrive recently, having closed the gap by 300,000 points  since my last  text before this one. Can the endless universe hang together just a little longer, or will far future have enough last minute support to obtain first place.
0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
May 4, 2021, 1:21:33 PM

Idk what the endless universe is all about, but between far future and post-apocalyptic, I think far future is more reliably interesting. Post-apocalyptic can be better, but there are so many versions of post-apocalypse and many of them are kind of extra.

0Send private message
3 years ago
May 4, 2021, 1:48:15 PM

with only 13 minutes left, the endless universe stands strong, despite the devs wanting to seperate humankind from the other games, it is clear, all roads lead to the endless franchise.

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
May 8, 2021, 3:00:39 PM
Sublustris wrote:

And thus Endless Legend 2 was delayed even further.

I'm not completely sure this will be the case.  Based on the description, it sounds like this will be a small mod that will serve as more of a proof of concept or template instead of being a total conversion.  So I am hoping that the outcome of this vote will be that Amplitude will be encouraged by the show of support for the Endless Universe and will increase the priority of Endless Legend 2.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment