Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Guild Wars 2

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Sep 11, 2012, 2:41:56 PM
Being swept around the map by rolling events is one of the aspects of the game that I really like.

As for some personal story events being hard (if not impossible) to solo, I don't think they were all designed to be solo-able. Party up and bring a couple of mates, we do and we're having a storm playing through each other's stories; the personal stories play very well as part of a party (and if you are of the same race as the party leader you have the option to credit your own personal story progress).

I haven't played an Elementalist but by accounts they don't seem to be as durable as the other classes when being played solo in confined spaces. I play an Engineer as they are hard work when solo under similar circumstances; multi-kit usage coupled with your weapon is necessary. Warriors seem to have it fairly easy if played well, at least in the early stages.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 4, 2012, 3:01:25 PM
Beda wrote:
No you account dosnt get deleted, tho that's interesting to know about Diablo, ill add that to the list of reason why i wont ever buy it.

I was talking about Diablo 2, not Diablo 3. Diablo 2 was the good one.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 4, 2012, 3:05:01 PM
Fenrakk101 wrote:
I was talking about Diablo 2, not Diablo 3. Diablo 2 was the good one.

Agree 100% played the tar out of 2, i wont give blizzard any more of my money ever. On another note any thing with the word halo in it........
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 4, 2012, 6:41:32 PM
Beda wrote:
Agree 100% played the tar out of 2, i wont give blizzard any more of my money ever. On another note any thing with the word halo in it........

I love the Halo games too.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 4, 2012, 7:53:17 PM
Fenrakk101 wrote:
I love the Halo games too.

all ready got halo limited edition all preordered. Going to be great to finally have the chief back and to see the forerunner Sega.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 4, 2012, 8:55:16 PM
Beda wrote:
all ready got halo limited edition all preordered. Going to be great to finally have the chief back and to see the forerunner Sega.

I'm interested to see how 343 holds up. I think it might be good for the series to have a new developer like this; staying true to the original games while having new views to bring to the table. I really hope they don't fall flat on their arse.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 4, 2012, 9:12:04 PM
Fenrakk101 wrote:
I'm interested to see how 343 holds up. I think it might be good for the series to have a new developer like this; staying true to the original games while having new views to bring to the table. I really hope they don't fall flat on their arse.

I am concerned as well this will turn into sell by name game. But only time will tell.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 11, 2012, 6:49:51 AM
I have never played this game but my friends says its quite good to play and have some extra features in Guild Wars 2 and me also want to play this game soon.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 11, 2012, 10:38:58 AM
Played it for a few days, stopped again.

The amount of grind is right down the alley of every other annoying MMO these days.

The pacing is horrible - unless you manage to time all the "randomly looping" events as you progress through a zone, you have to drop everything, start picking herbs, logs and mine minerals and go craft your way onward.

The personal stories are the only driving force in the game. I never managed to get immersed in all the random tasks around the areas - Picking apples in the middle of a war? Help taste new ale recipes? Suuuure... Let us ignore the fact that centaurs are raping and pillaging just next door.

A lot of the missions are not properly beta tested (ironic given how much time we had to test it). There are a bunch of the personal quests where going alone is currently impossible - you need to bring friends to a personal quest because your level gets reduced to that of your current area.

I'm not impressed by the gameplay, as gorgeous and original as the game enviroments (and the races) are.

TLDR: I didn't like it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 11, 2012, 1:03:31 PM
I have to agree i had a elementlist and i couldn't do my own level story quests by meh self. Yea the guy in cloth armor cant tank a room full of people, who would have guessed?

Tho it has its ups and downs like every other mmo out there, over all its still better then wow in my book and is free to play after you buy it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 4, 2012, 2:59:34 PM
Fenrakk101 wrote:
Hm, that's a bit odd. I'm not sure I really like it, but if it works then to each his own.

Are there any character limits in the game? Like "You can only have (x) number of characters"? And does it have anything like Diablo 2 where your account is deleted if you don't play for 90 days?

You can only have 5 charters but you can get more slots if you pay for them, which is still better then some games. FF 11 and 14 you can only have 1 charter per account, tho thats like some comparing apples to oranges FF 14 and 11 use totally different systems.

No you account dosnt get deleted, tho that's interesting to know about Diablo, ill add that to the list of reason why i wont ever buy it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 11, 2012, 2:47:29 PM
Yea my friend is one and he plays area normal 2-5 levels higher then him with little problems.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 12, 2012, 4:53:41 AM
Beda wrote:
Tho it has its ups and downs like every other mmo out there, over all its still better then wow in my book and is free to play after you buy it.

Yes and no - you'll find yourself wanting to buy some bank and character slots eventually if you are a serious player.

defekt wrote:
As for some personal story events being hard (if not impossible) to solo, I don't think they were all designed to be solo-able.

Yes - yes they are.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 12, 2012, 9:15:54 AM
Mansen wrote:
Yes - yes they are.

I've solo'd all of mine so far as an Engie but I have read in many places that the Elementalist has a very hard time getting through some of them.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 12, 2012, 9:38:16 AM
defekt wrote:
I've solo'd all of mine so far as an Engie but I have read in many places that the Elementalist has a very hard time getting through some of them.

Class != Personal story. Your personal story is defined by your race and the character creation choices. Some of the asura ones are notoriously hard in the start. The ones where you are forced to play a robot with incredibly laggy command input. I had to postpone it for two levels and I only made it out alive by a margin on the 3rd attempt.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 12, 2012, 12:19:07 PM
Mansen wrote:
Class != Personal story. Your personal story is defined by your race and the character creation choices.

Er, well thanks for that but who said that it was any other way, and how does that undo the possible issue that Elementalists have a harder time soloing some events?

Mansen wrote:
Some of the asura ones are notoriously hard in the start. The ones where you are forced to play a robot with incredibly laggy command input. I had to postpone it for two levels and I only made it out alive by a margin on the 3rd attempt.

I found the early Asura PS missions pretty easy going as an Engie. If other classes are having trouble then I'm not surprised in the least because not all classes are good at the same thing and yet these missions force you into situations that you might normally avoid, thus I suspect that ArenaNet's answer to that would be 'bring a mate' ergo not all missions are designed to be solo'd by all classes.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 12, 2012, 1:03:08 PM
defekt wrote:
I found the early Asura PS missions pretty easy going as an Engie. If other classes are having trouble then I'm not surprised in the least because not all classes are good at the same thing and yet these missions force you into situations that you might normally avoid, thus I suspect that ArenaNet's answer to that would be 'bring a mate' ergo not all missions are designed to be solo'd by all classes.

Clearly this is the case, there are a lot of times as an Elementalists in cloth and your staring down a room full of guys all charging you, how there was ever any doubt that your going to die.... a lot.

Worse yet it depending on the situation even if you bring a friend to tank it, that dosn't mean there going to agro to him.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 12, 2012, 3:24:51 PM
Beda wrote:
Worse yet it depending on the situation even if you bring a friend to tank it, that dosn't mean there going to agro to him.

True; however, the Engie/Ele pairing is a pretty strong one in most situations because they have a lot of combo field drops and finishers - each has a couple of useful combo fields and each has a couple of useful finishers that tend to be in areas that make the most out of each class through regular use anyway, i.e., neither of you need to alter your solo strategies much to benefit.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 12, 2012, 3:29:13 PM
defekt wrote:
Er, well thanks for that but who said that it was any other way, and how does that undo the possible issue that Elementalists have a harder time soloing some events?

Just clarifying.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 13, 2012, 11:03:12 AM
Mansen wrote:
Just clarifying.

Fair enough. It read like you'd misunderstood what I'd said. Moving on...
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment