Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

What was your first Space 4x game?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 4, 2012, 2:18:54 PM
Sins of a Solar Empire was my first. The funny thing was, I absolutely HATED SoaSE, until my brother got me the Trinity Edition on Steam (didn't know I hated it) and I was like "Okay, dammit, I'll play." I looked in the options and found that there were settings for speed! From movement to culture spread! My main complaint was that everything took WAY too long, and now the problem is fixed! I still play, and I've participated in the Rebellion beta, and it is SO FUN. I think Endless Space is going to be MORE than a match for Sins, I found it addicting while it was in ALPHA.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 7, 2012, 9:47:34 AM
Master of Orion,I was very yound and I didn't understand much,I managed to conquer Orion and have the biggest fleet.I always played the scientist race,Psylons or what they were called?

Edit:Tried to play as humans once and got stomped by the race I was usually playing :P
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 7, 2012, 12:36:15 PM
In Moo2 was a great fun of Mrrshan or something cause they reminded me of Kilrathi from the wing commander series smiley: biggrin

I heard about CEO of Stardock he tried for both Moo and Master of Magic license, too bad he didnt managed it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 1:10:52 PM
My first space 4X was Endless Space :P

It's really eased me into the genre, giving me plenty of space(HAH, SPACE, I'M FUNNY!) to try out and learn strategies. Although there are some major balancing issues, I can look past all of that and see the game that the devs worked hard to make.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 10, 2012, 6:50:01 AM
MoO 2... technically.

I didn't actually own MoO1.

I just watched my friend and tried to take his computer from him whenever he was playing it...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 10, 2012, 1:30:03 PM
Pax Imperia: Eminent Domain

It was like "starmap! cool! click-click! ships! something happens! click-click! wtf is this panel?!" etc etc - understanding came years later =)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 10, 2012, 2:24:55 PM
Ascendancy --> Master of Orion 2 ---> Alpha Centauri --> Birth of the Federation --> Galactic Civilizations 2 --> Endless Space smiley: mrgreen
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 10, 2012, 2:58:20 PM
My path in the 4X genre was kinda the same like yours Sigmar. I would only add Moo 1 and Starlod smiley: mrgreen
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 10, 2012, 8:50:10 PM
Endless Space is my first real adventure in 4X. Always heard about them and wanted to get into one, but it just never happened up until now.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 11, 2012, 2:20:13 PM
Imperium Galactica > Ascendency > Stars! > Space Empires 4 > Galactic Civilizations 2 > Sword of the Stars > Endless Space
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 12, 2012, 12:03:55 PM
VieuxChat wrote:
Ascendency. It was a blast.

Loved that game :-)

Got started with Master of Orion 2 myself though.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 13, 2012, 6:46:14 PM
My first was Moo2, like many. However, the oldest I've played with any regularity was Anacreon: Reconstruction 4021 thanks to my dad. Since, I've dabbled in pretty much every major title in the genre. I can't seem to get enough...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 13, 2012, 8:36:38 PM
My first was some text thing I got off a BBS. I never found out what the name actually was since the thing had been named "game.exe", and there was no title screen because in those days, games were built under some pretty draconian space and memory limits. So the game was totally nameless and to this day I search for what it was. Unfortunately, by today's standards, it offered very little of distinctivenes to Google for, and I no longer have it, so I can't just post it and go "What is this thing?".
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 20, 2012, 3:48:55 AM
Masters of Orion I believe. There was another one I played way back but for the life of me I can't figure out the name.

@Panopticon

Rebellion oh yeah I always wanted this to be good but sadly it wasn't.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment