Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

SOTS2 fixed.

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Nov 20, 2012, 4:24:16 AM
I think you're right on that one Mansen, about the auto-add for the Enhanced Edition. Kerberos really loves the work they do and if you've been around from the beginning of SOTS Prime like I have and gotten to know the members of their development team a bit you find that they (for the most part.. 1 member i have issues with but will not name names... no drama) are really really great people who care what their 'friends' think of their game they bought.

I still play SOTS 2 off and on, kinda drifted away from Prime... Endless Space kinda took up that ones place. For some reason, I really like Endless Space... but it kinda feels like it lacks depth or some tangible story I can touch or feel I'm part. With SOTS (1 and 2) there is a background story, a reason for all that's going on. One of the Devs even published a story that came out with the initial release of the game that gave depth and story that made you feel you were part of that universe. A second story is suppose to be released soon to explain the goings on in the SOTS2 time that the Devs have worked around to give you a feel of being again part of the story.

Endless Space, I kinda try to imagine it as a universe more like the universe of Dune (if any of you remember that story line). But I still keep having problems trying to attach myself to the Endless Space universe.

I think one of the things that has helped Kereros in this area is the three main developers are published authors of good stories. They even have gone out of their way to make suggestions and give advice to my story writing in how to write better, complete what I write, and eventually get the story I'm working on published.

Perhaps if Amplitude doesn't have someone that's a true author (and I mean someone who primarily writes stories) on their development team, they might ask someone from their following to help write a background story/heartbeat to Endless Space to give it some depth and a feeling of being part of that universe.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 3, 2012, 6:16:43 PM
So what is the overall verdict? Is the game worth trying now? I'm going to have some extra money soon, and I want another sci-fi game to play.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 3, 2012, 7:13:42 PM
The enhanced version just came out, and the game is entirely playable.

There are still some bugs (But what game doesn't right?) but you should enjoy the game.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 4, 2012, 9:51:14 AM
SotS 1 and 2 were on sale for -50% (9.99€ each) during the autumn sale. It's likely there will be a discount again during the Christmas sale.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 2, 2012, 12:37:25 PM
What is this game about? I read it has a lot of bugs, how is this patch any different?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 27, 2012, 12:37:56 AM
Gah, you're tempting me!

It's going to be hard to resist, but I'll keep on waiting for the "all clear" from Mecron I think.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 27, 2012, 1:32:22 AM
I wish i had a DX10 card so i could give it a go. smiley: sad
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 27, 2012, 6:23:15 AM
I bought the game at launch and followed it's 'post-release' development progress.

While it isn't as much of a trainwreck as it was on release, the game is playable, but it doesn't bring home that replayability that the first one did for me. I don't know how to phrase it, but I wasn't inclined to replay it as much as I'd hope for. smiley: frown
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 27, 2012, 2:45:13 PM
SOTS1 did take a long time to fix all of its launch problems and make it into a classic.

SOTS2 has had a hard life, but im sure it will be at least 'Good' once they move onto expansions.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 27, 2012, 2:56:49 PM
For what it's worth, a friend who keeps trying the game regularly since release told me that currently it is playable but the AI is still too broken to allow a reasonably challenging game. Kerberos made a giant progress, no doubt about that. But IMHO it might still be better to wait for the 'all clear' flag.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 27, 2012, 4:03:55 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
SOTS1 did take a long time to fix all of its launch problems and make it into a classic.

SOTS2 has had a hard life, but im sure it will be at least 'Good' once they move onto expansions.

Who says SOTS is a classic? Nowhere near in my book. I wouldn't buy a game that was initially released in a terrible state on principle even if it was made playable later. I don't reward behaviour like that with my hard earned valuable cash. Better things to spend my money on.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 27, 2012, 5:26:54 PM
Yes because the product is the same how it was released now.

Your not rewarding behavior, you buying a product based on its worth.

If you base a game on how its released then you wont have many games, and would also indicate you don't even own endless space.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 29, 2012, 9:01:36 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
Your not rewarding behavior, you buying a product based on its worth.

No I am voicing my displeasure at the state of this game on release and speaking with my wallet. But mostly I didn't like the first SOTS game at all anyway so I wouldn't buy it even if it was perfect.

Igncom1 wrote:
If you base a game on how its released then you wont have many games, and would also indicate you don't even own endless space.

I don't have many recent games and I am buying less every year it seems. This year I have bought five games so far, only two of which I have played with any degree of enthusiasm. Three of them are quite old and reasonably patched. I am trying to buy far less new games than I used to as games are generally coming out bugged now.

One game I bought because it was an interesting niche game like ES and I trusted the developers to patch it up but they dropped it after release pretty much. I wont be buying anything else off them, and I will be strongly voicing my displeasure in their forum when they finally release their DLC that they have mentioned recently.

Honestly, I made a mistake buying Endless Space when I did - I broke my rule of not buying without playing a demo and waiting for several weeks for forum reviews. What can I say I am only human. I would have been better waiting for the game to be sorted before buying. But I was bored and needed a game to play that is my only excuse. Again I trust the developer to add stuff but no that doesn't make releasing an unfinished game any better in my book. I like these developers and trust them quite a bit though. So I am more willing to bide my time and am trying not to complain too loudly about the limitations of the game until I see what happens over the next few weeks.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 2, 2012, 1:03:40 AM
Igncom1 wrote:

you are completly right, ES is half baked right now and needs more time, but man what a delicious smell is coming out from the kitchen!!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 2, 2012, 2:09:36 AM
did they remove the moronic fleet constraint ?

P.S
Kragge wrote:
you are completly right, ES is half baked right now and needs more time, but man what a delicious smell is coming out from the kitchen!!

If ES is halfbaked right now then Sots2 was a recipe on a table at relase NOTHING worked in that game
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 2, 2012, 2:55:02 AM
The fleet constraint where you have to give fleets orders instead of just moving them around?

No that's still there.

(And to be fair ES is as shallow as skyrim right now)
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment