Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

SOTS2 fixed.

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Nov 16, 2012, 11:35:14 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
Hard to come back from a screw up, but the devs cared about SOTS 1 who also had a shoddy release.

If that's any indication, SOTS2 will end up being a great game.

Hopefully smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 21, 2012, 12:22:26 AM
nats wrote:
An 'all clear' from the very developers who released it completely bust in the first place doesn't carry much weight in my book I am afraid.

In the first place, you could easily accuse the publisher.

I have no bias in the matter (never played SOTS nor was ever seriously invested in researching it) but judging this notice based on the first release seems a bit shortsighted.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 21, 2012, 8:06:59 AM
Kerberos had problems with some of it's staff leaving and/or money problems. Mecron is still partly to blame, but I think we can forgive them now that they worked a whole year to try to fix the mess, and especially when they're trying to avoid a further situation of this kind by "kickstarting" The Pit.

Your loss - obviously. Several reviewing sites have re-reviewed and given the game upwards to 9/10 now

Got any links please?
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 21, 2012, 12:08:29 PM
Mansen wrote:
Your loss - obviously. Several reviewing sites have re-reviewed and given the game upwards to 9/10 now

Well when I read several major review that says that, I might reconsider, but I do not entirely trust a developer who releases a bust game and more fool you if you do. There is nothing wrong with looking around for other supporting evidence of the games playable state if you are interested in the game (personally I am not as I didn't like the first one) but if its just Eurogamer that you are referring to that isnt exactly major evidence of a great game - 1 revised review - is it?

Either way I do not trust reviewers on the whole these days. If I read substantial good comments on their forum, and see several good reviews, plus I can play a demo showing the gameplay is ok, then and only then would I even consider touching a game by a developer with such a tattered reputation.

But TBH I have loads of games to play, and loads more I could buy, by developers who have and continue to release reasonably solid products. I cannot be bothered with developers who release rubbish and then spend ages trying to fix it whilst they wine and dine on their fan's cash. If that makes me a cynical old sod then so be it. I just don't have money to chuck around anymore like I used to though, and I like to think I am a bit more sensible these days that I used to be as well.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 21, 2012, 12:12:04 PM
So you want more reviews (on a weekend at that - you're not going to see anything for at least a few days or a week if we're talking video) yet you don't trust or put any weight in them anyway? ... right. smiley: rollsweat. And instead of keeping your clear opinions to yourself (you've already voiced them - made your case clear), you keep imposing them on others. It doesn't make you an old cynical sod - it might be considered being a tool however (but lets leave personal opinions of you out of that...)

Baseline - If you didn't like the first game, then you are not going to like this either. It is SOTS 2.0, not "We took SOTS and changed it completely for the _____ audience".
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 21, 2012, 2:31:36 PM
Well, it has changed significantly from the first game (though maybe not in the good direction, but I haven't played it much yet so I'm not really qualified to tell).

If you want reviews, you can always look at comments on metacritic :

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/sword-of-the-stars-ii-lords-of-winter/user-reviews?sort-by=date&num_items=100

The most recent ones tend to be positive, the 3.8/10 rating is still FAR from SotS1 9.3/10, but it's because it's weighted down by all the earlier awful grades :

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/sword-of-the-stars-complete-collection/user-reviews?sort-by=date&num_items=100
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 21, 2012, 6:34:21 PM
Mansen wrote:
So you want more reviews (on a weekend at that - you're not going to see anything for at least a few days or a week if we're talking video) yet you don't trust or put any weight in them anyway? ... right. smiley: rollsweat. And instead of keeping your clear opinions to yourself (you've already voiced them - made your case clear), you keep imposing them on others. It doesn't make you an old cynical sod - it might be considered being a tool however (but lets leave personal opinions of you out of that...)

Baseline - If you didn't like the first game, then you are not going to like this either. It is SOTS 2.0, not "We took SOTS and changed it completely for the _____ audience".

Can't you take people disagreeing with your opinion or something?

Whatever. I really cannot be bothered arguing with someone who cannot handle an argument in a reasonable way. Discuss this without me I'm out of here.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 21, 2012, 8:28:05 PM
There is a difference between voicing your opinion and continously harping on about how you dislike something. But that is of course only my humble opinion.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 16, 2012, 6:41:22 PM
I just received the press release for that - it's nice to see they've not abandoned the game yet and still release some additional content for free to people who've sunk hard earned cash into the game.

I'm yet to properly play it as the launch was so disastrous I decided to stay away until everything was considered 'fixed'. Had enough disappointments in this genre to last a lifetime already smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 16, 2012, 9:00:51 PM
EvilTactician wrote:
... Had enough disappointments in this genre to last a lifetime already smiley: smile

lol poor you? smiley: biggrin

but yeah, addons for the first one is a kind gesture!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 16, 2012, 11:09:35 PM
Hard to come back from a screw up, but the devs cared about SOTS 1 who also had a shoddy release.

If that's any indication, SOTS2 will end up being a great game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 20, 2012, 9:24:44 PM
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 17, 2012, 11:07:58 AM
I shall definitely look into getting the enhanced edition when it comes out.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 17, 2012, 12:03:06 PM
ZZGashi wrote:
I shall definitely look into getting the enhanced edition when it comes out.

If you already own SOTS2, then its free!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 19, 2012, 1:31:49 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
If you already own SOTS2, then its free!

Unfortunately I decided not to pick it up when it was on sale a couple of weeks back, perhaps another chance will pop-up around the time the enhanced edition comes out.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 19, 2012, 4:51:38 PM
You should receive it when you register the game.

So no worry.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 19, 2012, 10:58:18 PM
Yeah you should receive the expansion for free if you buy the game before it releases - Have a feeling they'll auto add it on all the digital platforms based on purchase date.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment