Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

New Laptop needed, Ideas welcome!

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Oct 13, 2012, 1:42:37 PM
Pleasure wrote:
i would really suggest you think about getting a Normal PC instead of an Laptop. This would be perfect for Rendering etc. and Gaming.. and you could still use your old Laptop for work.

Gaming and 3d Modeling on a Laptop is really not that good Idea..

Of Course it works but a normal PC would be cheaper and have more power.

I agree, but he already said he can´t do that right now. D:
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 11, 2012, 11:09:15 PM
Yeah Intel has outclassed AMD entirely in this generation - it's a shame really as it ruins the competition.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 11, 2012, 11:24:29 PM
SAMSUNG Series 7 NP700G7C-S01US Notebook Seems to fit your requirements. You can look at it here. Mind it's priced in U.S. money.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 12, 2012, 6:10:00 AM
The i7 might be a bit overkill for games specifically - but then again finding an i5 variant with a similar graphics card can be a tough challenge. Samsung makes good 17,3's though. Had one for my studies two years ago - got a bit big though, so I downgraded to a 15" Lenovo (with no graphics card)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 12, 2012, 8:42:08 AM
WhiteWeasel wrote:
SAMSUNG Series 7 NP700G7C-S01US Notebook Seems to fit your requirements. You can look at it here. Mind it's priced in U.S. money.

Thanks Weasel, this one fits them perfectly! - Now I'll try to find out how to get it to the EU and what payment options are possible!

- Any further ideas are still welcome smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 12, 2012, 12:10:21 PM
It's a very bad idea to buy a laptop from overseas. You'll have trouble with support, might not be covered by warranty, be subject to import taxes, the cost of shipping, etc...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 12, 2012, 2:44:45 PM
BlueTemplar wrote:
It's a very bad idea to buy a laptop from overseas. You'll have trouble with support, might not be covered by warranty, be subject to import taxes, the cost of shipping, etc...

Thanks for pointing out - I'm aware of that - and looking for a proper solution atm. smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 13, 2012, 10:48:38 AM
Well you're from Austria - part of the EU. You can basically find your laptop anywhere then within the union. The UK or Germany might both be good places (Too lazy to go look at either right now :yellsmiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 13, 2012, 12:23:04 PM
Mansen wrote:
Well you're from Austria - part of the EU. You can basically find your laptop anywhere then within the union. The UK or Germany might both be good places (Too lazy to go look at either right now :yellsmiley: smile

Good boy, did your Geographics homwork lol

Yep, I'm checking multiple offers from Germany now, there are some nice sites where they build you an "custom" Laptop with the stuff you want to have inside it smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 13, 2012, 1:06:59 PM
i would really suggest you think about getting a Normal PC instead of an Laptop. This would be perfect for Rendering etc. and Gaming.. and you could still use your old Laptop for work.

0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 11, 2012, 10:51:25 PM
I am an AMD fanboy, nothing you say will convince me. xD

just kidding. i didn´t know that. D:
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 13, 2012, 1:45:18 PM
Pleasure wrote:

I know, I know, but as I mentioned in this thread already - I'm on the move way too often (Study/personal related stuff) - I'm not going for the super-hardcore-gaming/render-performance, but it should be a solid "alrounder".

ATM im thinking of an XMG P722 (most reviews are in german, sorry smiley: biggrin ) which has pretty good reviews and can be configured to "fit" my financial plans, with still having good performance smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 13, 2012, 6:13:26 PM
BlueTemplar wrote:
This one ?

http://mysn.co.uk/shop/xmg-p722.html

Seems great (so many customisation possibilities!), if a tad expensive (like most things if you want to import them from the UK).

Yep this one - but as mentioned on my first post, up to 2000€ can be spent smiley: biggrin

(good stuff isn't cheap all the time) smiley: wink
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 6, 2012, 7:03:44 PM
I prefer desktops, but this thread is rather old...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 7, 2012, 10:02:20 AM
Okay, quick update, as there are still a few people around: got confirmed today, should be delivered next week:

Barebone: 17,3" barebone CLEVO P170EM

CPU: INTEL Core i7 - 2760QM, 2,40 GHz - 3,50 GHz, Quad-Core

Graphics: AMD HD7970M, 2GB

RAM: 4x 4 GB DDR-3, 1600 MHz, CORSAIR Vengeance --> 16GB RAM

SSD: 2,5" SATA 6Gb/s INTEL 330 Serie, 120 GB

HDD, DVD/CD Drive, etc included too smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 7, 2012, 11:18:35 AM
I didn't follow the thread, but why did you not go for a desktop PC? Above 15 inches, I find it impossible to carry (and even 15 is too heavy for me smiley: biggrin).
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 7, 2012, 12:42:20 PM
Steph'nie wrote:
I didn't follow the thread, but why did you not go for a desktop PC? Above 15 inches, I find it impossible to carry (and even 15 is too heavy for me smiley: biggrin).

I can vouch for that - I had a 17,3 laptop for my Computer Science classes last year. It was such a bulky thing to carry around. Now I've got a 15 inch instead which is much more manageable.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 7, 2012, 10:36:03 PM
Well, I mentioned it on the thread but: i'm changing location way too often as student, that's why - and I got it today and I'm happy with it smiley: stickouttongue

Is 17,3 too, but I have no Prob with that. smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment