Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Endless Space Forum RP [Recruitment]

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Dec 3, 2016, 9:02:25 AM

"The Bright and Beautifull People Club"

With Bright as a synonym for intelligent. More a description than a name but well...

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 3, 2016, 11:46:22 AM

"The Voyagers of the Savior" or just "Voyagers of the Savior" Would be my suggestions.

0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 3, 2016, 10:33:59 PM

I thought I could edit the group name post-creation but apparently I can't. So basically we're stuck with Amplitude forum RP. I really should have looked into that beforehand...

0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 7, 2016, 11:11:43 PM

Out of curiosity, in terms of politics, are we going by ES1 rules and saying that the Pilgrims are their own major faction or are they a minor faction that's a part of a greater empire like in ES2?

0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 8, 2016, 4:30:37 AM

I will be gone Thursday through Sunday for a conference. If you want to continue the security briefing, detailing the skills of the other crew up until Decius, please do. Otherwise, I will try to reply on Sunday.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 8, 2016, 6:19:11 AM
AngelicStorm wrote:

Out of curiosity, in terms of politics, are we going by ES1 rules and saying that the Pilgrims are their own major faction or are they a minor faction that's a part of a greater empire like in ES2?

I'm not making a major/minor faction distinction for the roleplay. All factions are politically independent.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 8, 2016, 7:03:54 PM

Thanks. I'm just trying to figure out how Valorum would have gone about his life as a soldier; where he would go, who he would fight other than Cravers and why, etc. I was also thinking that I could draw up a map of the galaxy and the territories of certain races therein, just so we had a better idea of where we're flying and why.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 9, 2016, 6:25:50 AM
AngelicStorm wrote:

Thanks. I'm just trying to figure out how Valorum would have gone about his life as a soldier; where he would go, who he would fight other than Cravers and why, etc. I was also thinking that I could draw up a map of the galaxy and the territories of certain races therein, just so we had a better idea of where we're flying and why.

I'm not stopping people from being creative, but please remember that added background detail doesn't neccesarily result in better RP. I keep things vague because they're not really needed for the current story, since we're going into uncharted and unowned space. But as a guideline I'll say that the political importance of the factions can be assumed to be ordered as follows: Major F. in both > Major F. in 2 > Major F. in 1, Minor in 2 > Major F. in 1, absent in 2 > Minor F. in 2 > Minor F. in 1. However, importance is of course not always equivalent to domain size.

Which reminds me, I need to add the Z'vali as a playable race into the first post. That table is getting unwieldy, I think I'll have to replace it with a list.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 12, 2016, 10:56:34 AM
Can we have a "time-out"? December and January are known as exam months and I believe it would be nice to have short break from the role play.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 13, 2016, 12:36:34 AM
Zennock wrote:
Can we have a "time-out"? December and January are known as exam months and I believe it would be nice to have short break from the role play.

Yeah I have a lot of family stuff going on myself, and work hours will increase during the holidays as people clean out the store for celebration foodstuffs.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 13, 2016, 6:33:11 AM
Given how little has been posted recently, I think it's fair to assume most of us are using the holiday time to do something else. And that's perfectly fine, and since we're all away at the same time, nobody is left waiting.
0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 13, 2016, 2:06:35 PM

I'm able to post anytime during the Christmas holiday, but if we want to take a break, I'm still fine with that. Valorum's alone right now, so if inspiration strikes me, I can just draft up a post or two whenever.

Should there be a concrete date as to when we're all likely to start posting again? Like, January 3rd or something?

0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 13, 2016, 6:48:58 PM

I don't think that I'll need this break, so I'll be ready if someone has an Inspiration but to everyone else, happy Holidays :)

0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 15, 2016, 5:26:18 PM

Nobody can stop you from posting, this is just me acknowledging that the holidays aren't going to be times of high activity and that nobody should be worried if the RP thread sits idle for a week. But it would be in the spirit of the times to have a post of the solitary characters reflecting upon past and future ;).

0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 15, 2016, 6:32:49 PM

That's a neat thing to do. I'll slowly start working on it and I'll try to make new posts in the roleplay. Lets hope that Dhanyl wouldn't have to wait anymore.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 18, 2016, 2:04:26 PM

I have a question that I never found an  real answer to. Do Pilgrims have a religion?

I know that there is some sort of mystical search for Tor, but is that a real Religion? Like with churches and praying and all that?

I'm asking because I've always seen them as more of a scientific, Sophon-like group of humans, more interested in knowledge than in faith until Angelic's las post made me questioning that.

I haven't been able to find a clear answer to that yet so I thought that maybe some of you would know about that.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 18, 2016, 3:31:37 PM
LordDarkon wrote:

I have a question that I never found an  real answer to. Do Pilgrims have a religion?

I know that there is some sort of mystical search for Tor, but is that a real Religion? Like with churches and praying and all that?

I'm asking because I've always seen them as more of a scientific, Sophon-like group of humans, more interested in knowledge than in faith until Angelic's las post made me questioning that.

I haven't been able to find a clear answer to that yet so I thought that maybe some of you would know about that.

I'll quote the section on society from the Artbook:

"As a society the Pilgrims prize ingenuity, integrity and perseverance, and their society if founded on a unshakable faith in the benefits of technology. Their structures are loose and ever-changing; while people and habitats move and evolve the things that are eternal are research, engineering, development and constant efforts to upgrade, improve and secure their systems and habitats

Schooling is important and respected; the education system is informal but researchers at all levels welcome discussion and experimentation with students. As with the rest of the society, little of the structure is formal and bureaucratic. Only in their centers of meditation and study of the Endless is there a trace of hierarchy and formality, but this is due to the desire to centrally manage and coordinate this critical work.

The Pilgrim 'religion' is difficult to understand for an outsider. It can best be explained as a form belief that the Endless and their Dust touched something deeper and more permanent that technology. It is true that once and initiate receives the Dust tattoos, they seem to see and understand things that others do not..."

Also, based on the localization strings from ES 1, the Pilgrim religion practices missionary work. However, their diplomatic responses don't include direct references to the Endless as gods or a church.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 18, 2016, 6:40:24 PM

I got the idea for a 'prayer room' from the fact that the ES1 Pilgrims have the 'wasted space' trait. Between that and the fact that they're quasi-religious, I could only assume how that space was being wasted. Also, Valorum's speaking from his own experience with religion, so he sees it as a prayer room, but it may actually be something like a communal study room or a meditation chamber.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment