Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Endless Space Forum RP [Recruitment]

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Dec 18, 2016, 10:07:24 PM

Okey, so there is no definite yes or no, It's more like a Jedi order without the force or laser swords.

Thanks for helping to figure that out :)

0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 25, 2016, 7:15:29 AM

I wish you all a very happy festive season of whatever kind your religion/society has at the moment. Or a belated solstice, in case there aren't any holidays. How about we celebrate the new year by launching a spaceship?

0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 25, 2016, 9:25:30 AM

That is a wonderful idea. :)

Happy Christmas everybody, hope you all got some good gifts.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 25, 2016, 8:21:16 PM

Merry Christmas! And I couldn't agree more; let's launch the Saviour for 2017!

0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 30, 2016, 9:59:59 PM

I'm sorry my post is taking so long. I've literally drafted three potential scenes from Valorum's backstory to post as a dream sequence and I can't decide between them. That and my family seems to be having company over every other day, so time has not been a luxury for me.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 1, 2017, 2:59:29 PM

By the way, can more people share their steam profile links? Already got most of the members in the RP in but it would be nice if I can add everybody. 

0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 1, 2017, 7:44:38 PM

As you wish, my master... My steam nick is Mithrill (nobody guessed) and in case you wouldn't be sure, check the list of the games. All Amplitude games, some Civs and a few more (16 in total)

0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 1, 2017, 8:29:50 PM

I feel like I need to apologise for the monolithic post I'm about to put up. It should have been several smaller ones, but it feels like I need to stitch them all together so we can actually start the story.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 2, 2017, 5:35:40 AM

@ Mithril

Giving your name is not very helpful since there are plenty of other Mithrils in Steam. Checking 500 people for that single person that plays Civilization and the Endless Series is not a good idea. A profile link is much, much, better.

0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 2, 2017, 8:55:43 AM

Alright. Also, make sure to come online so we can discuss. 

0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 7, 2017, 11:27:52 AM

@AngelicStorm, concerning the watch schedule:

I've outlined it ICly shortly before, on page 2 or so, but I guess I could actually define it in detail. It's a three-party dogged watch, which means there's watchstanding periods of four hours. So 0-4, 4-8, 8-12, 12-6 , 16-18, 18-20, 20-0. The 16-20 watch is split into two shorter ones (dog watches) to make it an number not divisible by three, and to give every crew member a chance to eat dinner at a more of less normal time. Since the number of watches is not divisible by three, which watches each team stands rotates over the days. For example, on Day 1 you start with the 0-4 watch, then 12-6, then 20-0, followed by 8-12 and 18-20 on Day 2 and 4-8 and 16-18 on Day 3.

The three teams would probably be as follows:

Officer of the Watch (bridge)
Engine watch
Scientist on call
Security Guard
Team 1
Valorum
Zeros
Dhanyl
Decius
Team 2
Ylona
Martin
Laudmas
NPC2
Team 3
Rolak
Alice
NPC1
NPC3

This way, there is always either the Captain or two of the Senior Officers on duty to make decisions.

However, as I said, ignore the watchstanding schedule when its gets in the way of RP. Except for the OOW, who has to be on the bridge, and the Engine watch, who has to keep an eye on the power core, most other people have only to be ready to jump if a call comes, so they're not too busy to approach during that time. And just because people are not on watch does not mean they're not around. While they'll probably sleep through their 8-hour night off shifts, they'll keep themselves busy during the day. So there is lots of room to just define to people as both having time to RP with each other.

Also, my nickname isn't Alienware. That's a computer hardware brand, I believe. It's Alien@System or Alien for short. AlienAtSystem is frowned upon in contexts where you can actually type the @.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 7, 2017, 4:45:08 PM

Thanks.

And thank you too, autocorrect. You never cease to amaze me.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 11, 2017, 3:57:08 PM

About that, I'm currently doing my exams so please suspend my character. 

0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 11, 2017, 4:23:41 PM

I'm busy with school too, but I'm still drafting up my post where Valorum addresses the crew and tells them about the change in leadership. It's gonna be another tsunami of text, and I apologize for that.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 11, 2017, 9:51:40 PM

Cool, mates, Thanks for the updates. Just sorta felt like no one was on with no reason for absence. It's fine if you'll be off, just tell us! It makes waiting much less sorrowful.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 14, 2017, 4:26:21 PM

I'll have to wait till Zennok's response. Have to wait until he is at the bridge because it would be strange if Dhanyl would arrive before Laudmas, although it was already established that Dhanyl is the slower on of both.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 19, 2017, 9:44:44 AM

I wonder why why roleplay thread is dead for so long. All the players are on Endless Day, or just lack of time?

0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 19, 2017, 4:45:51 PM

All are waiting for people who have exams, I believe.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment