Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Endless Space Forum RP [Recruitment]

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Mar 21, 2017, 4:43:18 PM

That sounds fun. I'm GMT -5, but with daylight savings, it feels more like -4.

How does it feel knowing that you'll be playing with Vodyani that aren't trying to kill you for once?

0Send private message
8 years ago
Mar 21, 2017, 5:00:40 PM

Well, since I love going Cravers, I don't think going into a alliance would be that easy for me. If I'm fortunate, I will be positioned in a corner of the galaxy against some bots. That would be nice. 

0Send private message
8 years ago
Mar 21, 2017, 7:09:54 PM

Yes, I am offline for 30 days so far, c'est la vie, I can't do anything :( I can join you, but I must inform that my internet connection is... sometimes unstable, and I played only against easy bots so far, so forgive me noobing, please. Time zone: GMT +1. Race: don't know.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Mar 22, 2017, 1:40:16 AM

I'd suggest UE for an easy race. Having Influence as another buyout resource along with the reduced expansion penalties makes them an easy faction to play.

And I've been fighting Hard AI since Christmas. They're tough, but if you play your cards right, they can be easily dismembered. At least in this patch...

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Mar 23, 2017, 5:57:06 PM

About the scrim, if people are interested. Please sign up. The important things to put down are: 

• The race you would like to play, 
  • Time and date that you're available to play.
  • The region you are in. 

Although my computer can handle hosting a match, my net is very bad and I live very far from a lot of the people here. I've asked AngelicStorm and he said he can try hosting the game but we'll see what happens. Lets hope that multiplayer will work smoothly.

For me:

• Chosen Race: Cravers or Lumeris
  • Date Available to play: Maybe Friday and next Monday, Saturday and Sunday are guaranteed. 
  • Time Available to play: Time Zone UTC+06:30, I'm usually free but since a lot of people are westerners, the match could possibly start at very early morning or very late night and at those times, I would prefer to sleep.

The rules I would suggest are:

• Game size should be big or more.
  • We will co-op against AI. High difficulty AI.
  • No Duplicate race unless we overwhelm the number of bots.
  • Most important thing is to have fun, but making a alliance should be a priority. I hope Cravers are allowed to enter alliances. 

If a lot of people want to play the Riftborns, either the duplication rule is ignored or players would have to play a mandatory rock-paper-scissor game where the winner will get to play as the Riftborns.

Hopefully a lot of people would be available to play and sign up. The more the merrier.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Mar 23, 2017, 6:02:59 PM

As you asked:

Race: UE or Vodyani

Date: Every Saturday and Sunday for sure, maybe Fridays

Time: Afternoon, maybe between 17 and 20 (time zone GMT+1)

Region (I hope this means geography): Poland

0Send private message
7 years ago
Mar 23, 2017, 6:30:31 PM

Race: Vodyani/Riftborn

Date: Saturday & Sunday

Time: 10am - 6pm Saturday, 10am - 2pm Sunday (GMT-4 [originally -5, but offset by Daylight Savings])

Region: Ontario, Canada (North America)

I have decent internet, but I'm also one of 6 people living in my house. The connection may get spotty in the afternoon, but we can still give it a shot.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Mar 25, 2017, 10:28:16 AM

Race: UE/Sophon

Date: Sunday (I got a P&P roleplay to got to on Saturday)

Time: Pretty much all day, but I go to sleep at 10 pm

Region: GMT+1

0Send private message
7 years ago
Apr 1, 2017, 11:56:54 AM

You know, I'm curious. Imagine the possibilities of a person (who is not in the RP) reading the recruitment/roleplay threads. Just lurking, never responding.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Apr 1, 2017, 5:12:53 PM

I've been on a Role-Play thread where practically the rest of the forum lurked us. Me and the other players were like a tv program for the entire forum to watch.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Apr 1, 2017, 6:24:13 PM

That reminds me of the Truman Show. Fun stuff. 

0Send private message
7 years ago
Apr 1, 2017, 7:25:49 PM
BG123 wrote:
Zennock wrote:

You know, I'm curious. Imagine the possibilities of a person (who is not in the RP) reading the recruitment/roleplay threads. Just lurking, never responding.

It's quite entertaining, I assure you!

Found one!  

0Send private message
7 years ago
Apr 1, 2017, 8:13:19 PM

Just add up how many G2G points we have and how much the thread has from upvoting. We've got a few admirers.

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Apr 2, 2017, 5:11:48 PM

Don't worry! We just need to lower area~!

Get it? 

Physics pun?

Anybody?

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Apr 2, 2017, 11:17:45 PM
Zennock wrote:

The ancient robot reached the life support room. It was a macabre site. Some pipes in the life support room were cut loose and hissing out what looks to be steam. Decius was sprawled on the floor, looking weak and shriveled up. The captain was there and more importantly, an unknown weapon was adjacent to him. Laudmas was amazed. He knew that the Vodyani were known for the combat prowess but he never expected for them to overpower Cravers.

Nibot specifically said that Decius lashed out at the pipes, but stopped himself at the last second. Nothing in the room should be broken or spewing steam.

I also want to raise the issue of the 'unknown weapon', but I guess nobody has seen Stormbreaker changed from glaive-form to sword-form before, so I'll give you that.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Apr 3, 2017, 2:03:36 AM

About the first part, Laudmas has never been in the life support room so he thought of the pipes being loose as being unusual and being caused by either you or Decius. To be honest, I really don't know how a life support room would look like. I imagined it quite similar to a boiler room. I'll just change the description.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Apr 3, 2017, 6:06:50 PM

Here's my bio re-edited so that it'll be clearer for other people.

Zennock's Character 

Name: Dr.Laudmas Acromb
Race: Robot (Not affiliated with any faction)
Area of Expertise: Alien Identification, Scrap building, Recovery of Bio-organisms, Mechanics Repair.
Personality: Does not panic, rather calm, does not like to reveal private information. "Eccentric and Curious". Think of the Medic from TF2. 

Lore: 

"The captain says that my history is mandatory for me to tell? Then what would you like to know my friend? 

Oh. My name? Laudmas Acromb, nothing unusual. 

If you're curious, I am called a doctor because I have studied and succeeded at a academy before. Mhmm, quite impressive indeed. 

Which academy? I'm afraid that does not matter anymore as it has been destroyed during a unfortunate event in which I am forbidden to say. 

What I studied? Oh a lot of topics, in-fact I already mentioned some of them on my resume. 

Let's end this soon as I am excited to explore the great infinities of our universe. Remember, there is no need to pay me.

Oh, you want to know my name again? Laudmas Acromb. Lets not forget that."

The lore is mainly unedited, the only things I cleared up are the title, some spelling errors, and I added in a new image. Hopefully there it'll be less cringey. 

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Apr 4, 2017, 3:15:08 AM

Name: “Decius”

Race: Craver

Areas of Expertise: Multiprocessing, Close Quarters Combat + (Ship's Gun's, Moderate Level Engineering and Fabrication)

Abilities: Solo Combat Expertise, Nervous System Augmentations, Espionage, Advanced Sensory Input, Multilayered Mental Computing and Processing, Carnivorous Scavenger (Can consume all organisms and has the ability to repurpose technology to his advantage), "Fluent in Craver".

Disclosed Possesions: 

36x Tags

1x High Strength Folding Sword. Specially created of the finest metals to provide the strongest and sharpest edge that will retain its shape even when punching through armor. Does not sacrifice it's strength for folding, has high melting point, and good durability.

2x Thermal Breaching Pikes (Telescoping pikes that heat to extreme temperatures by burning Dust, Dust is supplied in cell cartridges placed into the pommels)

Various Electrical Components for maintenance

Small Vial of "Hottest Sauce", Small Vial of "Soybean Extract No. 3" for food seasoning

Stowed cargo of 3 cubic meters, 84 tons. Exact contents undisclosed.

Bio:

They made me fight for their enjoyment. They changed me to fit with their own agenda, to feel stronger pain and to show weakness. I removed their weaknesses and replaced it with vengeance. After they gave me individuality I broke free of their chains and took to the vastness of space.”

Cravers have become prize fighters in the ring of underground arenas strung throughout the vastness of space, and despite being exceptionally difficult to capture, can bring fortune upon a fighting ring and vanquish any possibility of defeat. Originally removed from his hive for the purpose of scientific analysis of the species, Decius was given sentience by a benevolent group of scientists attempting to prove wrong the theory that Cravers cannot be tamed. He learned of emotion, feeling, intelligence, and compassion towards those that had brought him to salvation. Unfortunately the research project was cut short by a pirate raid on the station it was housed on, and the Craver learned again the true cruelty of the world. With everyone he had known kindness from dead, he was pushed into the harsh and callous life of a slave, sold from collector to collector for the highest bidder. Eventually, Decius came into the possession of a powerful arena and was immediately put into harsh, unfair combat. Succeeding at the trials he was given, the arena found it profitable to modify the nervous controls that gave him sentience to allow for futher fighting capability and processes. Through time, the Craver became an unequaled killing machine; a creature capable of precision accuracy and swordplay that ended sooner than it had begun. Unbeatable in the ring, The Craver eventually won his independence through the blood of his masters, and has wandered through space searching for clues of his past and attempting to make reparations for the travesties he committed before becoming sentient. Although it is hard for him to exist alongside other sentient life forms, certain objectives require coexistence.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment