Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Endless Space Forum RP [Recruitment]

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
6 years ago
Aug 12, 2018, 4:44:34 AM

While my crew roster is starting to complain about the lack of roles is the first column, I think for now we can still accept another mechanic. I think the backstory is good, but I should re-iterate the warning about exotic races: They're a commitment. You'll need to write from an extremely alien viewpoint, in this case one that has trouble understanding concepts like corporality and time. Are you sure you're up for that?

0Send private message
6 years ago
Aug 12, 2018, 9:14:50 AM

I'm willing to commit, it'll be fun to mess with his concepts of time and what is alive or not. I enjoy a challenge!

0Send private message
6 years ago
Aug 21, 2018, 6:22:27 PM

After seeing some writing samples, λ had been approved. Welcome to the madness, and have fun.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Aug 21, 2018, 11:22:39 PM

Writing samples? Ah shit, I remember I had to do those too .. quite a while back, was very nervous about it. Anyways nice that you are with us! A riftborn is a nice addition, something I had in mind until i came up with a proper sower char. I am looking forward to your posts.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Aug 22, 2018, 3:09:05 AM

Thank you!

Woot! Yeah I was nervous about the writing samples too, Alien's technical troubles keep me in suspense for quite a while! And thank you! I will endeavor to not disappoint! And I'll try to meet you out on the hull, I thought of something funny I wanted to do first...

0Send private message
6 years ago
Aug 22, 2018, 2:36:31 PM

just to say the workstation for mantovani is in some kind of computer room, not his crew quarters

so imma just write it like mantovani returns to find lambda

0Send private message
6 years ago
Sep 7, 2018, 7:57:02 PM

Ok, there is one thing I thought about for a while now ... its the description, the appearance, the very body of my character. Being a sower I had to use limited knowledge about their inner workings and of course used outside description of what was seen in Es1 artwork. At the beginning, I hoped actually for sowers becoming a major again (like way way back before riftborn were shown , then it was kinda clear). Now they are a minor in Es2 with new artwork (aaaand i actually still need to make a run with the goal to read all of their lore there is in the game )

But I am unsure how to act, the new sower art is great! But definitely different from what Tainted is, what sowers (at least in my thoughts) looked suggested by Es1. So do I retcon its look? Do simply never mention it? Explain it away risking to run against more lore that could be revealed (although i doubt there will be much more by now)?

Also as i am posting here right now anyway i will try to put more thought into when i use which name for it in my texts , to keep them with a certain tone or idea , rather than just using them so i dont write 7-4-1-N-7-3-D or Tainted like 4 times in the same post ... 

0Send private message
6 years ago
Sep 8, 2018, 11:22:32 AM

considering that sowers are hiveminded in a way. it would make sense if they had diffeeent models of sowers for different jobs. so it wouldnt be a strech to just wave off the different design as a different model.

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Sep 8, 2018, 9:25:17 PM

Marley's right. If memory serves, the whole point of 7-1-4 was that he was an experimental model of Sower. Looking different from a 'normal' Sower as seen in ES2 could be as simple being a prototype based on an older design; one where the specs were too advanced for its time, but the chassis was based on the old models of Sowers (a la ES1). The Sower collective would have shunted testing the model down the priority list for centuries until the materials needed were more readily available, at which point the question becomes 'is this platform valid, or are the ones that we have since designed superior?' And so 7-1-4 was built and his story began.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Sep 8, 2018, 11:04:32 PM

Howdy folks, I'm getting more used to my schedule now. So I'll be making an effort to put aside some time to post more often. Also, Welcome dugintostew, always a pleasure to have more mechanical brothers in this sea of fleshbags.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Sep 9, 2018, 1:40:48 AM

Thanks Tlaloc! The robot revolution draws near!

And sorry again for the door jam that developed. I'm somewhat new to forum roleplay, so if anyone has any suggestions about how I can improve, I'd love to hear them!

0Send private message
6 years ago
Sep 9, 2018, 6:03:53 AM

Even within ES1, the question of what sowers looked like was a bit confused. Originally, the plan was to have their ships be the sowers, who'd merged together into larger units, meaning they'd have looked like this. However, that was scrapped in favour of their spherical look. But while the Sower leader and C43s4r Drone.v35 look like the original ideas of harcore BB-88s whose innards are basically all tools, the art team got more lazy with the rest. So the news design of floating GladOS heads isn't actually further out of line than the evolution of the Sower within ES1.

I wish Amplitude would update its wiki again, so I wouldn't need to trawl the internet for the new Sower pictures.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Sep 9, 2018, 12:37:46 PM

Hm, yes. In my mind, it also was quite feasible but I wasn't sure if others would see it the same way.  Thanks for your thoughts on it! Will keep it like this then.

Also dugintostew i think you are doing very very well . You were concerned because blocking the door .. but that honestly was something you didn't purposely intended and its more likely the bridge has more exits, the fact that Ylona notes it anyway is well ... your chars do stand in a hallway blocking it (just as my char), but if someone in the bridge wanted their char out .. they could have said something IC or used another door. So no need to worry about it OOC wise , in my opinion. : ) I enjoy your posts quite a lot.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Sep 11, 2018, 4:30:52 AM

Plus it felt very in character. It seemed to me that "Lambda" (Not quite sure how you get the symbol into text form.) Probably had more experience with entities who can "Go around" 4 dimensionally than ones who are restricted to 3 dimensional travel. Plus as Aimmo said, it was easily dealt with in game with no issues.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Sep 11, 2018, 11:29:10 AM

Thanks both! λ doesn't get politness, so it's hard balancing him being rude unintentionaly with my desire to not be rude and disrupt stuff. Acutal politness and good of the group will take presidence over his ignorance though. 

And I've enjoyed both of your posts as well. Aimmo, thinking that the horatio are chasing you actually made me laugh out loud when i figured it out. And Tlaloc, your writing is also great. I've been reading through the backlog, and running essentially 4 characters in one? Crazy stuff!

And if we want to do a short time jump to get to this moon, λ and I are both up for it!

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Sep 16, 2018, 1:19:06 AM

Heyyo. So, I was really busy with university but I have settled in a bit now. I should be able to write posts more often now.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Sep 22, 2018, 2:46:00 AM

Hey BobMarleysGhost, I'm going to start putting together a response. But I did notice (What I think is) an error in your post, Zeros is chatting with the chief engineer Alice Skeler not Captain Valorum. Is this an in RP misunderstanding? Or a typo?

0Send private message
6 years ago
Sep 23, 2018, 1:52:53 PM

I'm up for writing a reply assuming that isn't a typo.

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment