Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Endless Space Forum RP [Recruitment]

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
Jul 3, 2018, 7:34:34 PM

Aren't we all?

But, have patience, it is not easy to capture all of horatios glory in one single game.

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Jul 12, 2018, 9:19:19 PM
Zennock wrote:

Mithrill by "defrosting" do you mean bringing the character into the active roster?

Also, a new player! Wooh!

By "defrosting" I meant what Alien said - develop the character to make it more likeable and and overall more sociable. Mean and not outgoing people are sometimes described as "cold", so if they change in that way, they are - metaphorically - getting warmer and, well... they defrost.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Jul 12, 2018, 10:04:35 PM

i may have written myself into a corner if bagel doesn't post.

someone please bail me out in that eventuality Dx

i want to keep up my statement for weekly post

0Send private message
6 years ago
Jul 12, 2018, 10:32:12 PM

Ah yes , defrosting characters is very important. *moves outwards cold and emotionless Drone under the carpet*

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Jul 14, 2018, 6:01:36 AM

Bob, there was a small problem because it wouldn't be ideal if Liam left behind a crate of worms. I consulted with Bagel and very simply, we decided that Liam would bring along the crate back to his room. Heh, don't even know why I thought that would be a problem. 

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
6 years ago
Aug 4, 2018, 1:23:38 PM

im planning to start an event involving the worms.

it will likly spiral into a large-ish event so i want to know what you think about me starting this.

i will get going on the next rp post as soon as i get a consensus.

0Send private message
0Send private message
6 years ago
Aug 4, 2018, 9:56:40 PM

I would be yay for something like analysing them .. but nothing that forces action across the entire ship .. not right now , not as we are just about to give the ground team a more free playing field. so it depends on the kind , in my opinion

0Send private message
0Send private message
6 years ago
Aug 6, 2018, 11:48:40 AM
BobMarleysGhost wrote:
Zennock wrote:

Are the worms going to be released in any way?

maybe...

I mean sure, that's something we can do, I would just like it either later, or something only characters are concerned with who chose too (for example by assisting in the experiment before the breakout)(the reasons for that I stated earlier, because a handful of characters where restrained in the expedition or by the lack of characters to interact with during the expedition, so giving a bit of breathing room where people can be more creative would be nice) Also depending on the reason for the breakout the responsible characters would probably get into some trouble ... one should be aware that if they play their character in a way that they cause a worm-breakout that they will be treated accordingly (Even if we say that the containment simply failed whoever took care about it being enough to contain the worms would be affected)

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
6 years ago
Aug 7, 2018, 12:19:53 PM

Honestly I do not want that to happen since you know, I don't want my character to get into trouble.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Aug 7, 2018, 4:24:06 PM

I think it'd be quite interesting but wait a bit first, give everyone a breather after the expedition and some time to analyse the stuff we brought back.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Aug 11, 2018, 2:22:20 AM

Two years and still kicking huh? That's quite the thread!

Figured you've been going for quite a while, but is there still room left for an extremely late comer?

0Send private message
6 years ago
Aug 11, 2018, 3:55:31 AM

I think the last addtion was one or two months ago so .. yeah should ? Easiest for all is the ol`"my character is part of the crew and they were there all the time but are just now starting to be active part of the rp narrative " 

0Send private message
6 years ago
Aug 11, 2018, 3:40:21 PM

Soooooo I know that Riftborn are on the exotic list, but hear me out for a second…

Name: λ (Lambda)

Race: Riftborn

Areas of Expertise: Ship maintenance and repair, Zero Gravity mobility, Yellow

Abilities: Able to survive and move in a vacuum

Personality: Curious and inquisitive, λ enjoys interacting with other races. Loves the color yellow. Signs, fabric, etc. If it’s yellow, λ is about it.

Bio: Part of the second wave of Riftborn to travel through the newly opened Rift and onto Vanguard, λ was a capable and zealous Custodian. Willing to do whatever was necessary to eliminate the Blight. λ was assigned to an exploratory fleet and launched with his fellows towards an unknown frontier.

Their first encounter with a group that dubbed themselves ‘pirates’ did not go well. For the pirates anyway. Moving across the void and opening the hull of their ship with a welding torch, λ was the first aboard as the vacuum pulled the corpses of the frozen pirate crew past him. As λ and his crewmates searched the ship, λ happened upon the hold. So… much… yellow… 

After the incident in the pirate hold, λ was never really the same. To his crewmates he was insane, rambling on and on about yellow. Eventually the crew stranded λ on a populated world due to his mental condition and ‘unwillingness to carry out the mission.’

But λ saw things differently now. Yellow was a part of the Blight, yes. But perhaps there was a beauty and value in it. And maybe all these other beings, made of reds and browns and greens, maybe there was beauty in them too. And perhaps the best way to find out more about these beings was to join this new voyage, a ship called ‘Savior.’

How’s that sound? If it’s too crazy or won’t work with the crew, I more than willing to edit/scrap and start over with something not on the exotic list.

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment