StarDrive Pre-Order & Beta Access

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 9, 2013, 6:39:12 PM
adder wrote:
looks interesting; but i'm not sure.

some gameplay footage : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elz077x5PIo

and 25 euros seems maybe a bit too much?

Understandable, especially with what happened with Legends of Pegasus.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 9, 2013, 8:44:47 PM
Looks promising,,but I'm never pre-ordering a game again. I am going to wait 6 months before deciding. Sword of the Stars 2 crushed all the hope I had.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 10, 2013, 2:27:49 PM
I'm actually tempted to buy; but then again i should be working for school instead of playing games..smiley: alder
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 17, 2013, 6:11:26 PM
Just bought the game myself - It is incredibly ruthless and unforgiving. On easy I actually managed to make everyone wardec me in the first 10 minutes or so. smiley: sweat

Initial verdict: Learning curve as steep as a ladder.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 17, 2013, 6:31:33 PM
There is no Multiplayer in this game or?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 17, 2013, 7:59:37 PM
Sovereign wrote:
There is no Multiplayer in this game or?

Not currently - It only singleplayer against AI players currently. But given how it is a one man project, I wouldn't expect that much of him just yet. The game still has some balancing to sort out before I'd start suggesting it to friends. Not at all disimilar to how ES used to be in the beta. I would expect multiplayer to be a post-release feature though (or possibly at launch but with beta status)

The way I see it - the game has great potential. It mixes realtime with 4X much better than some of the current competitors do. I am not particularly fond of Sins to be honest.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 9, 2013, 5:36:08 PM
Pre-orders are up for StarDrive on Steam, currently at 15% off with Beta access to the game. I already have my copy and downloaded the beta, it looks really good already and has a lot of potential to it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 17, 2013, 8:47:35 PM
You can watch some LP's for tips, I found ES to have a steep learning curve as well, even knowing everything I do now, it seems that every game I play I learn something new, even of stuff I thought I had figured out.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 17, 2013, 8:51:17 PM
From reading the forums, the AI underestimates your fleet early on resulting in rushing. If you can beat the initial rush you should be golden (they don't do very well later on apparantly).

And don't colonize nearly as much as you would in ES. This game forces you to coddle colonies for a long time having freighters ship food, goods and colonists back. Quality over quantity.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 18, 2013, 10:59:54 PM
Hmm, unusual, but the game is.. different so I guess that's why. Hopefully the dev will create more variety of AI on release or a patch not long after
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 19, 2013, 11:30:07 AM
It looks like a less complicated and more refined version of distant worlds to me. I'm passing on this one for now.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 19, 2013, 11:46:20 AM
Nasarog wrote:
It looks like a less complicated and more refined version of distant worlds to me. I'm passing on this one for now.

Everyone is saying that haha. And why is more refined worse? :P I tried Distant worlds but have given up and are currently watching LP's to understand what is going on in it haha, this would be good practice
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 19, 2013, 11:53:06 AM
i just love the animated artwork which i saw in the Lets Plays...this owls which are controlled by that...big..?artificial? intelligence overmind thing...just awesome...exactly this Endless Space needs to bring some life into Diplomacy menue!

and the battles are low graphic battles...but dam...there is action!

i will definitely keep an eye on that game.

pre order...sadly no

cause:

1. Multiplayer is for me very important

2. i never ever pre ordering something after Legends of Pegasus^^
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 19, 2013, 4:02:54 PM
Sovereign wrote:
i just love the animated artwork which i saw in the Lets Plays...this owls which are controlled by that...big..?artificial? intelligence overmind thing...just awesome...exactly this Endless Space needs to bring some life into Diplomacy menue!

and the battles are low graphic battles...but dam...there is action!

i will definitely keep an eye on that game.

pre order...sadly no

cause:

1. Multiplayer is for me very important

2. i never ever pre ordering something after Legends of Pegasus^^

Understandable, especially number 2. Right now program optimizations are the current focus, so that the game runs smoothly and takes advantage of the power offered by modern hardware, as well as UI and general bug squashing. I am sure the AI will get some love in the upcoming weeks.

I enjoy StarDrive more than I do Distant Worlds, as I now find Distant Worlds kind of boring.

Mansen is right though, quality over quantity, I find myself not having that many colonies during the game.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment