Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Star Trek Into Darkness

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Apr 11, 2013, 3:35:36 PM
Stealth_Hawk wrote:
when I asked why they load an "exploration ship" with weapons, I wasn't asking if the galaxy was dangerous. I am simply pointing out that the federation is always like: "We are peacful! Let us pass through your territory! This ships purpose is exploration! erm, don't mind the Enterprise's 30 phaser banks and hundreds of torpedoes."

Well, I reckon it's because the Federation is indeed peaceful but, not being idiots, they come packing a punch because they know the galaxy is full of dirtbags... smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 4, 2013, 7:56:23 AM
Yup closed staff fired and projects cancelled. A shame really, one of the oldest game developers maker of some of the most famous adventures and space sims closed for no real reason. smiley: frown
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 6, 2013, 5:54:21 AM
Well it is sad but Disney has also some good points in closing them and there are good chances that with the license system is a win for starwars Games.

PS: some good news the film director of this Movie Star Trek into Darkness J. J. Abrams will make Star Wars VII ; )
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 6, 2013, 7:20:27 AM
Sovereign wrote:
Well it is sad but Disney has also some good points in closing them and there are good chances that with the license system is a win for starwars Games.

PS: some good news the film director of this Movie Star Trek into Darkness J. J. Abrams will make Star Wars VII ; )

The director is old news smiley: stickouttongue and he's Co directing with like 9 others. And he IS making both movies at the same time... Will it be a win for star wars games? Mmmm...... maybe not smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 6, 2013, 9:37:05 AM
but i didnt read it in this thread so here it is new news! smiley: mad ^^

@ Stealth_Hawk haha good one^^ Enterprise E is realy "Sovereign" Class

And the Federations Ships are just louded out with such firepower cause there was always a big threat to the Federation first the Clingon Empire then the Borg and short after the Dominion too.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 6, 2013, 2:26:25 PM
Sovereign wrote:
And the Federations Ships are just loaded out with such firepower cause there was always a big threat to the Federation first the Klingon Empire then the Borg and short after the Dominion too.

Not to mention the tribbles...
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 11, 2013, 12:16:53 AM
n18991c wrote:
Not to mention the tribbles...

ROFL

LMAO

lol

btw when I asked why they load an "exploration ship" with weapons, I wasn't asking if the galaxy was dangerous. I am simply pointing out that the federation is always like: "We are peacful! Let us pass through your territory! This ships purpose is exploration! erm, don't mind the Enterprise's 30 phaser banks and hundreds of torpedoes."
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 11, 2013, 1:15:45 AM
Stealth_Hawk wrote:
ROFL

LMAO

lol

btw when I asked why they load an "exploration ship" with weapons, I wasn't asking if the galaxy was dangerous. I am simply pointing out that the federation is always like: "We are peacful! Let us pass through your territory! This ships purpose is exploration! erm, don't mind the Enterprise's 30 phaser banks and hundreds of torpedoes."

Well stargate has the same thing. And if you were pointing it out, why was it a question XD
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 11, 2013, 1:49:48 PM
stasik28 wrote:
Well stargate has the same thing. And if you were pointing it out, why was it a question XD

They are called rhetorical questions

lol
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 3, 2013, 10:43:32 PM
sharpteeth wrote:
Bad news guys. Disney just shot down lucas arts. I know they dont make startreck. But this seemed the right place to post these terrible news smiley: frown

Huh, where'd ya get this from? I can't find anything? smiley: ohh

(I'm tired, I go to sleep now, maybe I'll find it tomorrow)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 11, 2013, 3:58:58 PM
n18991c wrote:
Well, I reckon it's because the Federation is indeed peaceful but, not being idiots, they come packing a punch because they know the galaxy is full of dirtbags... smiley: stickouttongue

Right. But you have ships for exploring and ships for diplomacy. Stop sending your exploration/warships in and saying that they are peaceful. Rather, send your diplomats on unarmed ships guarded by your armed ships, otherwise your weapons are going to get you into a fight.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 11, 2013, 4:12:53 PM
Stealth_Hawk wrote:
Right. But you have ships for exploring and ships for diplomacy. Stop sending your exploration/warships in and saying that they are peaceful. Rather, send your diplomats on unarmed ships guarded by your armed ships, otherwise your weapons are going to get you into a fight.

But then the diplomats are sitting ducks if a superior force suddenly attacks them! My friend, you place your faithful diplomats at far too much risk IMO... lol
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 11, 2013, 4:22:33 PM
n18991c wrote:
But then the diplomats are sitting ducks if a superior force suddenly attacks them! My friend, you place your faithful diplomats at far too much risk IMO... lol

True. Just stop intruding into another's territory with heavily armed ships, no mater what you call them, and claiming the protection of diplomacy and peace. All I'm saying.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 11, 2013, 4:56:24 PM
Stealth_Hawk wrote:
True. Just stop intruding into another's territory with heavily armed ships, no mater what you call them, and claiming the protection of diplomacy and peace. All I'm saying.

I can see us two having a bit of a debate if I came round your place in my tank and extended an offer of friendship to you! haha smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 11, 2013, 5:24:55 PM
n18991c wrote:
I can see us two having a bit of a debate if I came round your place in my tank and extended an offer of friendship to you! haha smiley: stickouttongue

It would be like:

"Hey stealth! Can I borrow your circular saw? Oh don't mind my 120mm cannon and 1ft thick steel armor."

exactly
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 11, 2013, 7:14:18 PM
1.@stasik28

Stargate...lol..they are almost at any time at war end the entire stargate program is almost entirely lead by the US-Air Force(not known as pacifists)^^

2. The Federation also have explicit exploration vessels with much less weapons and weaker deflectors.

the USS Equinox (Nova Class) comes me in mind first.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 11, 2013, 8:25:07 PM
Sovereign wrote:

2. The Federation also have explicit exploration vessels with much less weapons and weaker deflectors.

the USS Equinox (Nova Class) comes me in mind first.

Yeah, exploration vessels do need to be big and mean. Just not diplomacy vessels crossing territory lines. One of the only times that the Federation makes a light armed exploration vessel and it gets thrown into the Delta Quadrant and nearly ripped to pieces. Good thing USS Voyager was there to save its neck.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 2, 2013, 6:56:08 PM
Sovereign wrote:
smiley: approval

no Star Trek movie can ever be again so boring and bad like Star Trek IX: Insurrection

Even though the Enterprise-E is a 'Sovereign' Class Warship, er, I mean "exploration" vessel?

And why the heck do they make a 3000 ft long ship with phasers and quantum torpedoes and still call it an "exploration" vessel, anyway?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 24, 2013, 5:50:20 PM
smiley: approval

no Star Trek movie can ever be again so boring and bad like Star Trek IX: Insurrection
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 24, 2013, 6:23:18 PM
Looks fine to me, so far. Might gather my friends and go and watch it with them smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment