Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Star Trek Into Darkness

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 27, 2013, 9:34:09 AM
His last one was good, except for the time travel bit, which didn't seem particularly convincing, and just an excuse to get a certain legend into the story...

The trailer looks spectacular. If the story is half as good as the special effects, it'll be great!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 27, 2013, 4:58:50 PM
Sovereign wrote:
no Star Trek movie can ever be again so boring and bad like Star Trek IX: Insurrection

I've never seen this one. What makes it so bad?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 27, 2013, 5:14:23 PM
-Cause the entire Topic is so dam irrelevant for the Galaxy

-Cause the bad guys in this movie are just some ugly ruthless merchants which are actually working with the Federation together! And their biggest crime is that they wanna make a forced resettlement.

- Cause it was settled during the Time of the Dominion-Wars but instead of making a movie of Cpt. Picards big role in this War (there are some awesome books about this)

they mentioned the biggest war of Federation history in exactly one single Sentence.

- The Space battles where...not big...

- big part of the Movie is on the surface of a Planet...Cpt. Picard wandering with some refugees on some mountains shooting at Seeker Drones...(which are just beaming people away and not killing them)

- even the Community thinks that only Star Trek V is worse (imo even that movie was better -.-)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 27, 2013, 7:31:31 PM
I was surprised by the 1st one. I don't expect to be disappointed by this one. Having said that, it's a rental at best.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 2, 2013, 6:19:59 PM
Sovereign wrote:

- big part of the Movie is on the surface of a Planet...Cpt. Picard wandering with some refugees on some mountains shooting at Seeker Drones...(which are just beaming people and not killing them)

This is all I remember from the movie - a lot of time spent wandering around mountains. Seemed to be lacking in space-settings
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 24, 2013, 5:08:34 PM
What do you guys think of it? Will it be a good movie like the last one by J. J. Abrams?

What are your general expectations of it? I'm just curious.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 3, 2013, 5:44:59 AM
Stealth_Hawk wrote:
Even though the Enterprise-E is a 'Sovereign' Class Warship, er, I mean "exploration" vessel?

And why the heck do they make a 3000 ft long ship with phasers and quantum torpedoes and still call it an "exploration" vessel, anyway?

Well it it is made for exploring, but the weapons are there, just in case they might meet some angry species lol
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 3, 2013, 6:24:19 AM
Stealth_Hawk wrote:
Even though the Enterprise-E is a 'Sovereign' Class Warship, er, I mean "exploration" vessel?

And why the heck do they make a 3000 ft long ship with phasers and quantum torpedoes and still call it an "exploration" vessel, anyway?

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Ark_Mechanicus

"An Ark Mechanicus is a vast Imperial starship that the Adeptus Mechanicus uses to scour the stars for their ultimate holy grail, a working Standard Template Construct." Exploring the galaxy for their holy grail...

"when they do enter combat they can bring to bear nearly impenetrable defences and weaponry whose range and firepower puts even that of Imperial Battleships to shame."

Why? because the galaxy is a dangerous place. If you have a ship that can defend itself, it can survive a battle and report their discovery of (hostile) advanced civilizations. Basically what tred said
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 3, 2013, 11:17:58 AM
The new style ST movies are quite different from the old ones, but I actually like that. It's more current and modern I think smiley: approval
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 3, 2013, 1:39:09 PM
n18991c wrote:
The new style ST movies are quite different from the old ones, but I actually like that. It's more current and modern I think smiley: approval

Yeah, much more modern - but it seems to be in a good way smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 3, 2013, 7:03:27 PM
Tredecim wrote:
Yeah, much more modern - but it seems to be in a good way smiley: smile

Let's wait for the next installment until we make that judgement lol
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 3, 2013, 9:00:50 PM
n18991c wrote:
Let's wait for the next installment until we make that judgement lol

Agreeeee'd - lets wait n see n read a good book smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 3, 2013, 9:11:10 PM
Bad news guys. Disney just shot down lucas arts. I know they dont make startreck. But this seemed the right place to post these terrible news smiley: frown
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment