Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Can you hear BLIZZARD falling on their faces from there?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 9:12:04 PM
Of course Diablo 3 sucks. What'd you expect? It looks like WoW FFS.

werewolf_nr wrote:
Critics love it and the users are trashing it. Kind of odd to be that far apart. Most of the bad reviews from users mirror things I noticed in the beta and why I didn't buy it and am not playing it (or have plans to do so).

Critics are payed off most of the times, especially by companies like Blizzard. Just look at Mass Effect 3, 99% of the users are raging at the endings, most critics in the start turned a blind eye to that fact.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 10:04:10 PM
Inquisitioner wrote:
Of course Diablo 3 sucks. What'd you expect? It looks like WoW FFS.

Critics are payed off most of the times, especially by companies like Blizzard. Just look at Mass Effect 3, 99% of the users are raging at the endings, most critics in the start turned a blind eye to that fact.

But you missed the point that Mass Effect 3 was an exceptional game. 15 minutes of a crappy ending can ruin the overall experience, but it can not negate the 40 or so hours of good gaming. Plus, I doubt the critics put as much time into the franchise as some of those hardcore ragers. A mediocre ending to a critic can turn into a horrible ending for gamers who have invested the time.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 1:19:25 AM
Blizzard North was gone, and so were decent Blizzard games. There's no comparison between Diablo II and III.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 3:11:06 AM
Mechanos wrote:
if i recall correctly "gamers entitlement" (buzzword) spawned from that mass effect 3 fiasco involving the end and that bloody prothean day one dlc. and a bunch of other shady things. that liberal thing was just astroturfing in general to create more buzz. It really hurt any criticism people could make on a game. whatever happened to consumer rights and common sense.

I'm not all that sure common sense exists anymore. I can understand people being upset with Mass Effect 3's ending, and I've never appreciated day-one DLC, but a vast majority of the ME community went way too far when they demanded that BioWare change their game because they didn't like the final fifteen or so minutes.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 2:36:07 AM
i hope they fix things i personally did not buy the game since im not a fan of diablo and the always online drm is a pain and things like this are more frequent * cough anno2070 cough*. they should of really bought more servers after all there ahead in the mmo department and should not cut corners with their game since its so drm dependent.

i expected a more successful launch i guess this is what happens when activision *directs* blizzard.

thanks for the correction
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 2:45:03 AM
Phew...I'm glad I decided to have some self-control and not pre-order Diablo III. Now instead of me and some buddies getting frustrated over that, we're honing our strategies for Endless Space.

I think we made the right call. smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 2:46:44 AM
Mechanos wrote:
i hope they fix things i personally did not buy the game since im not a fan of diablo and the always online drm is a pain and things like this are more frequent * cough anno2070 cough*. they should of really bought more servers after all there ahead in the mmo department and should not cut corners with their game since its so drm dependent.

i expected a more successful launch i guess this is what happens when activision buys blizzard.

Before the Blizzard fanboys pop in to point this out, Blizzard was always owned by Vivendi. Vivendi bought out Activision to head up the "games" part of their metacorp (Vivendi also produces television, music, books, etc.).
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 2:49:00 AM
No but I can hear the sound of Blizzard rubbing it's hands together in glee.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 2:55:16 AM
Kyorisu wrote:
No but I can hear the sound of Blizzard rubbing it's hands together in glee.

What makes you say this? Note, I don't know much about Blizzard and what they do, aside from the fact that they made WoW...which ensured that The Old Republic would fail. *sigh*
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 2:56:41 AM
Truhan wrote:
Before the Blizzard fanboys pop in to point this out, Blizzard was always owned by Vivendi. Vivendi bought out Activision to head up the "games" part of their metacorp (Vivendi also produces television, music, books, etc.).

thanks for the heads up i thought it was the other way around with that activision and vivendi thing still glad i bought es.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 2:57:24 AM
I have never considered metacritic as a worthy site for reviews. There is an overwhelming number of reviews that are either a "10" or a "0" (Not just for Diablo, basically everything on that site). If the person liked it they give it a ten; if they found 1 thing that bothered them then its a zero (Eg. Diablo having only 5 classes, or my personal favorite from Mass Effect 3 "Too much subtle liberal propaganda in this game"). Very few people can take a movie, game, tv show/series and rate it as a whole.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 3:00:52 AM
iamsnakemaster wrote:
I have never considered metacritic as a worthy site for reviews. There is an overwhelming number of reviews that are either a "10" or a "0" (Not just for Diablo, basically everything on that site). If the person liked it they give it a ten; if they found 1 thing that bothered them then its a zero (Eg. Diablo having only 5 classes, or my personal favorite from Mass Effect 3 "Too much subtle liberal propaganda in this game"). Very few people can take a movie, game, tv show/series and rate it as a whole.

if i recall correctly "gamers entitlement" (buzzword) spawned from that mass effect 3 fiasco involving the end and that bloody prothean day one dlc. and a bunch of other shady things. that liberal thing was just astroturfing in general to create more buzz. It really hurt any criticism people could make on a game. whatever happened to consumer rights and common sense.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 3:05:55 AM
Mechanos wrote:
thanks for the heads up i thought it was the other way around with that activision and vivendi thing still glad i bought es.

Well, it's a little more complex than who bought who. The fact is, though, that after the merger/buyout Mike Morhaime was not the CEO of Activision or Blizzard. He's president of Blizzard and he answers to a guy that answers to the CEO of Activision. The simplest way to explain it is that Activision inherited Blizzard's name and Blizzard inherited the Activision corporate structure (at the time of the buyout I believe Activision had just barely overtaken EA as the biggest game publisher).

And yes, I've been having quite the day on Endless Space myself. Just finished a 140 turn game as Sophons and think I'm ready to up the difficulty a notch in my next game. I'll be happy when multiplayer arrives since everyone on a forum I moderate and many of my friends decided to buy Diablol and are now too busy waiting to be able to play it to bother with me.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 3:09:56 AM
Truhan wrote:
Well, it's a little more complex than who bought who. The fact is, though, that after the merger/buyout Mike Morhaime was not the CEO of Activision or Blizzard. He's president of Blizzard and he answers to a guy that answers to the CEO of Activision. The simplest way to explain it is that Activision inherited Blizzard's name and Blizzard inherited the Activision corporate structure (at the time of the buyout I believe Activision had just barely overtaken EA as the biggest game publisher).

And yes, I've been having quite the day on Endless Space myself. Just finished a 140 turn game as Sophons and think I'm ready to up the difficulty a notch in my next game. I'll be happy when multiplayer arrives since everyone on a forum I moderate and many of my friends decided to buy Diablol and are now too busy waiting to be able to play it to bother with me.

very interesting information about that merger.

as for me i initially liked the sophons but now i like the Hissho their traits allow for a defensive and offensive strategy with that combat game center giving ships exp and their defensive and offensive traits really help out to push cravers back to their homeworlds.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 3:14:08 AM
FinalStrigon wrote:
What makes you say this? Note, I don't know much about Blizzard and what they do, aside from the fact that they made WoW...which ensured that TOR would fail. *sigh*

Wait, so Blizzard creating WoW, released 8 years ago, ensured TOR, which started production 4 years ago, would fail? Before you say it, I'm not a Blizzard Fanboy, and have never played WoW. If TOR is failing, it is because it suffers from "It's like WoW except:" syndrome. Then again, I stay away from as many MMOs as I can stand. That being said... I may have to get The Elder Scrolls Online. It may be the one to topple the King of MMOs WoW.

Truhan wrote:

Totaling stealing that and spreading it among my friends.

FinalStrigon wrote:
I'm not all that sure common sense exists anymore. I can understand people being upset with Mass Effect 3's ending, and I've never appreciated day-one DLC, but a vast majority of the ME community went way too far when they demanded that BioWare change their game because they didn't like the final fifteen or so minutes.

There is a huge amount of complexity to that issue, but common sense is not the problem, lack of imagination is, on the gamers part. Too many kids are spoon fed their fantasies via movies and video games that it seems they forgot to develop imaginations. But that is an issue for a different forum.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 3:19:43 AM
SomethingBlue wrote:
Wait, so Blizzard creating WoW, released 8 years ago, ensured TOR, which started production 4 years ago, would fail? Before you say it, I'm not a Blizzard Fanboy, and have never played WoW. If TOR is failing, it is because it suffers from "It's like WoW except:" syndrome. Then again, I stay away from as many MMOs as I can stand. That being said... I may have to get The Elder Scrolls Online. It may be the one to topple the King of MMOs WoW.

Oh, no, I didn't mean to imply Blizzard ensured that TOR would fail. I'm just a bit biased for BioWare (and Star Wars). I know that the game simply doesn't offer enough to compete with the vast amount of stuff and popularity WoW offers.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 3:20:26 AM
Can you hear BLIZZARD falling on their faces from there?

Nope, sorry, the sound of flaming toads exploding into zombies faces coming outta my headphones is too loud.

I got in just fine an hour after launch, and proceeded to enjoy the epicness that was Diablo 3 Act I. So fricken epic.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 3:22:19 AM
FinalStrigon wrote:

i agree with what you said people really did go to far instead of taking their money elsewhere and not help fund really bad business practices and terrible game development that encourages cutting corners.

SomethingBlue wrote:
There is a huge amount of complexity to that issue, but common sense is not the problem, lack of imagination is, on the gamers part. Too many kids are spoon fed their fantasies via movies and video games that it seems they forgot to develop imaginations. But that is an issue for a different forum.

end of evangelion and deus ex would love to have their ending back its a lack of imagination on the games side too

their lead writer left to do some stuff for TOR then this happened.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment