Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Can you hear BLIZZARD falling on their faces from there?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 2:14:44 PM
I didn't buy HUGE company (Activision-Blizzard/EA) games anymore. To much DLC, bugs, ... Indie games are the futur. Company like Amplitude for exemple who really worries about people who buy their games.

Anyway, I didn't buy Diablo III (money, money, money... Oh... wait... problems with server... well... we don't give a shit !), but I've pre-command Torchlight II since 2 weeks and currently playing the beta (awsome btw).
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 3:43:43 AM
SomethingBlue wrote:
I had a bad run with MMOs a year back and forced myself to quit. I was playing 4 varying forms of MMOs including an MMORTS, Stronghold Kingdoms, original everquest, and a couple of browser based MMOs all at the same time. I lost about a year to that mess.

Been there....Though not 4! I would have been divorced for sure! (World of Home-wrecker)
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 4:23:55 AM
Mechanos wrote:
i hope they fix things i personally did not buy the game since im not a fan of diablo and the always online drm is a pain and things like this are more frequent * cough anno2070 cough*. they should of really bought more servers after all there ahead in the mmo department and should not cut corners with their game since its so drm dependent.

i expected a more successful launch i guess this is what happens when activision *directs* blizzard.

thanks for the correction

so wanted to play anno2070.... sooooo badly i wanted it... don't think they are changing their tune any time soon....

i am looking forward to the new simcity for my gaming fix.... but if ea makes it origin only(very likely) i'll abandon it too...

(tired of having to install (x) company's crap cause i'll bet someday every game company and their publisher will make you have to install their launchers to play games at all..)
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 4:28:00 AM
Olimar wrote:
so wanted to play anno2070.... sooooo badly i wanted it... don't think they are changing their tune any time soon....

i am looking forward to the new simcity for my gaming fix.... but if ea makes it origin only(very likely) i'll abandon it too...

(tired of having to install (x) company's crap cause i'll bet someday every game company and their publisher will make you have to install their launchers to play games at all..)

i know friend it hurt really bad when they gave it online drm and the ark being server side and the three machine activation limit. that being said the older versions are better than 2070. 2070 felt streamlined and the npcs had much better and awesome building changes compared to the players building cosmetic selection which was disheartening to say the least.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 6:37:19 AM
SomethingBlue wrote:
I agree, it is a shame. I used to be a big fan of Star Wars (still am, but I have spread my wings) and love space operas, especially in video games. Space Opera MMOs represent endless options, and the extended Star Wars Universe is as good as any to use. Unfortunately every MMORPG ends up being a WoW clone, and until one does not, WoW will be on top. I had hopes for TOR to topple WoW, but I never planned on playing it. I had a bad run with MMOs a year back and forced myself to quit. I was playing 4 varying forms of MMOs including an MMORTS, Stronghold Kingdoms, original everquest, and a couple of browser based MMOs all at the same time. I lost about a year to that mess.

You should try Guild Wars 2....oh man, I can't wait until that comes out!

Endless Space was going to be a filler until GW2 release, but it looks like it might be more of a time competitor...
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 7:10:52 AM
you know what? i find so butifull that ampletud is teaching how it suposed to be done. And yes i can her the diablo 3 crash from her.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 11:49:08 AM
I think its unworthy for blizzard to release a game with so many bugs.

Thats what Alphas and Betas are for and they have no excuse for too many people on the network. They should know better from their experiences with Starcraft, Warcraft and WoW.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 12:14:40 PM
My roomate has been playing it nonstop without error 37 for a lot of time, it looks like a fun game that is true to its predecessors.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 12:18:38 PM
Well I'm a big fan of Diablo 2, played it for countless hours, but I'm gonna skip on Diablo 3. I don't agree with their always online policy. They said they did it for "better player experience" but let's say that your not interested in the multi or ranking, then it doesn't change anything from the classic singleplayer. I'm not even gonna mention the (wow) arena pvp and the real money auction house. I'm not saying it's a bad game, it's pretty good actually but there are these things that pull it down a little.

Instead this summer I'm going for Torchlight 2. Game looks great, it's cheap (only 20€ compared to the 60€ of Diablo 3), some of the guys on the team are old timers from Blizzard North who made the original Diablo 2, and it's in a more open world that the first Torchlight who was more closed in dungeon levels.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 12:57:01 PM
Avo wrote:
Instead this summer I'm going for Torchlight 2. Game looks great, it's cheap (only 20€ compared to the 60€ of Diablo 3), some of the guys on the team are old timers from Blizzard North who made the original Diablo 2, and it's in a more open world that the first Torchlight who was more closed in dungeon levels.

I was going to buy Torchlight 2 as well, and gift the extra copy of Torchlight 1 to a friend. smiley: smile

Still not sure about purchasing Diablo 3 though: all my friends are talking about it! I. Must. resist.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 3:39:50 AM
FinalStrigon wrote:
I wouldn't say BioWare had terrible game development (sorry if you just meant developers in general, and didn't single them out). I have yet to find a person that won't admit that, as a whole, ME3 is incredible. Excluding the last fifteen minutes, everything is just spectacular, in my opinion. And they even found a way to incorporate a very fun multiplayer system into a primarily single-player game. I can't call ME3 a case of terrible game development at all.

As for bad business practices...Eh, maybe. In terms of day one DLC, things are shady. But they did listen to their fans, take the constructive criticism, and are releasing a free cinematic pack to give more closure on the end than they had before. They could have just shrugged and told fans to deal with it, but they didn't.

nah dont worry some devs are forced to cut corners and rush to put out games more due to publishers wanting more money the fastest way possible which reduces quality and work environment.

SomethingBlue wrote:
From what I understand, the lead writer's original ending was completely rejected and he left. But I can see the events of the ending and line it up with the indoctrination theory and completely get by with imagining a better ending myself.

As far as Evangelion, hasn't that had 2 or 3 rewrites already?

evangelion last time i heard has had some rebuild movies but thats what i remember haven't seen it in a while. .

well that story leak did hurt their ending so i dont know. maybe the I.T was set in place already but had to swich up the endings due to that leak. its really a big headache.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 3:07:16 PM
Steph'nie wrote:
I was going to buy Torchlight 2 as well, and gift the extra copy of Torchlight 1 to a friend. smiley: smile

Still not sure about purchasing Diablo 3 though: all my friends are talking about it! I. Must. resist.

Steph'nie you are member of the dev tem no d3 for yousmiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 3:09:20 PM
I posted the metacritic reviews on my Facebook yesterday and the fanbois just would not accept that Diablo 3 is epic fail.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 7:31:32 PM
I was considering of getting Diablo 3 , but after i saw that even SP requests internet connection , and it's Blizzard and FREE TO PLAY game we are talking about ... don't know man... >.>
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 11:27:48 PM
I honestly have mixed feelings about the online DRM thing. On one hand, it seems incredibly stupid and I always end up worrying that something is going to happen that will keep me from replaying one of my favourite games down the line because it's just not being supported anymore. I hate the thought and some measures are just overkill. I wish we could have games without any kind of DRM...

On the other hand, complain as much as you want, online DRM is not just going to go away. Take Steam (yes, you can go offline, but you still need to activate for it) or whatever systems are out there, they are here to stay... And you know what? If that means people are going to continue bringing out PC games rather than focus on console only, then I can live with that. (Yeah, probably not a popular opinion.)

I wasn't impressed with D3 needing you to be on a server for a single player. It makes no sense to me. That said, it won't stop me from getting this game. I haven't yet and considering the issues, I'm going to wait a bit until the price goes down, but I will buy it. Because it's D3 and I spent hours playing the first two games and I enjoyed this beta immensely. Issues aside (mine with the DRM and theirs with the bugs), I think it's going to be a fun game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 8:47:48 AM
Critics love it and the users are trashing it. Kind of odd to be that far apart. Most of the bad reviews from users mirror things I noticed in the beta and why I didn't buy it and am not playing it (or have plans to do so).
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 11:00:29 AM
There are quite established critics (gaming journals) who saw this coming. Looks like Blizzard has reached its climax some time ago. They are flying too high...
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 8:37:53 PM
Lol Metacritic once and for all proved that their "professional reviews" are not neutral. Just look at the diffirence between user reviews and those of so-called "critics".
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment