Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Why so many guests

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Mar 21, 2013, 2:33:13 PM
i deónt understand why there is always 3 times the guest online in contrast to members. why dont they make profiles?
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 21, 2013, 2:38:43 PM
its just there is always minimum a 100 guest more online than members it just quizzes me
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 21, 2013, 2:39:01 PM
Since you normally get logged out after an hour of inactivity, if you don't know the trick of replying in logged out-status to any post and then checking "remember me", before logging in, you soon end up as a "guest". smiley: wink
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 21, 2013, 2:39:28 PM
Yeah, it more stems from the fact that users are logged out after some hours, and I (and many others) don't log in until they have to - to reply to a post, see picture, video, etc.

I'd say most are users, some non-users, and a few bots.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 21, 2013, 2:43:09 PM
thanks. i was just wondering. since i myself always log in when i am here or have it in the background.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 21, 2013, 5:19:48 PM
Well, I guess there are a lot of people too, which dont comment, they only read - and don't log in.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 21, 2013, 10:42:37 PM
This...

On a forum such as this, there are always many hangers-on... they never actually join, or if they do, they don't bother to log-in, so are always guests...
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 28, 2013, 7:11:41 PM
The_Quasar wrote:
This...

On a forum such as this, there are always many hangers-on... they never actually join, or if they do, they don't bother to log-in, so are always guests...

^ This x2. smiley: wink On other forums that I frequent, the "guests" are split between lurkers who are +90% certain to only read the site and never contribute anything to the community, and the remainder are nothing but spambots, webcrawlers, and other automated entities. Except for the ones that dump spam here (:madsmiley: smile, the 'bots are mostly harmless (indexing the site for search engines).

However, it's bothersome to see so many people who regard the forum solely as a resource to be harvested at their convenience, instead of seeing it as a dynamic community to participate in. It's depressing to me at times, but it's reality. [-shrug-] Hopefully our active ranks will increase once the game is much farther along in its development cycle.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 29, 2013, 12:00:44 AM
Prof._von_Calamity wrote:
^ This x2. smiley: wink On other forums that I frequent, the "guests" are split between lurkers who are +90% certain to only read the site and never contribute anything to the community, and the remainder are nothing but spambots, webcrawlers, and other automated entities. Except for the ones that dump spam here (:madsmiley: smile, the 'bots are mostly harmless (indexing the site for search engines).

However, it's bothersome to see so many people who regard the forum solely as a resource to be harvested at their convenience, instead of seeing it as a dynamic community to participate in. It's depressing to me at times, but it's reality. [-shrug-] Hopefully our active ranks will increase once the game is much farther along in its development cycle.

Well said, well said. I must admit that I "lurk" one forum too, just because it has anouncements for the game, but the community is so horrible, that I decided not to contribute. So I just read the game-relevant news.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 3, 2013, 11:19:52 AM
I think they're just checking out the freaks on the forums... and by that I mean people like you and me smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 3, 2013, 1:35:54 PM
n18991c wrote:
I think they're just checking out the freaks on the forums... and by that I mean people like you and me smiley: stickouttongue

Madman Wonderland? lol

Yeah we're the Freakshow smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 3, 2013, 7:05:09 PM
n18991c wrote:

Tredecim wrote:
Madman Wonderland? lol Yeah we're the Freakshow smiley: stickouttongue

Although we're harmless compared to individuals like Nos.... haha smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 3, 2013, 8:56:25 PM
n18991c wrote:
Although we're harmless compared to individuals like Nos.... haha smiley: stickouttongue

That reminds me... I'll have to pay a visit to you and Tred some dark day. smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 3, 2013, 8:59:07 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
That reminds me... I'll have to pay a visit to you and Tred some dark day. smiley: stickouttongue

I don't see a problem in there? smiley: stickouttongue Where's the problem with darkness? lol
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 3, 2013, 9:16:42 PM
Tredecim wrote:
I don't see a problem in there? smiley: stickouttongue Where's the problem with darkness? lol

If I ever come around to finish or at least continue the Fal' Hadei plot, you'll know. smiley: wink
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 3, 2013, 9:40:23 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
If I ever come around to finish or at least continue the Fal' Hadei plot, you'll know. smiley: wink

Well, gimme some time too and I'll let you hug the Shrike? smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 4, 2013, 6:04:51 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:

Me? What? Did I do anything naughty? lol smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 4, 2013, 6:39:15 PM
n18991c wrote:
Me? What? Did I do anything naughty? lol smiley: stickouttongue

Well, the actual plan is to use utmost inquisitiveness to find that out. No idea what the result will be, as long as I have fun in the process. smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment