Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Despite its disastrous start is anyone else playing the new Sim City?

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jun 4, 2013, 5:03:58 PM
HumanSpacer wrote:
smiley: ohh

You're a GENIUS!

You're welcome. Does that mean you're in? I'll add you if you like! smiley: smile Always looking for more play buddies smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 13, 2013, 3:28:25 PM
I'll try and invite you...

edit: ah I see you've already claimed a region, nice one! smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 31, 2013, 2:49:27 PM
For those of you who've in the meantime come round to simcity: all I can say is that the game really is good fun once you've gotten into it. And yes, obviously it stillr equires a lot of work, but it's nevertheless a good city simulation!

My main issue is that there is no reputation system and many people on a mpa will just abandon their region once they see it's not going optimal, so I think the solution is just playing with friends. Also, for some reason my map is open and I'm doing really well, but no one else is joining it...? Anyways, if you fancy joining an existing and functioning game to have an enjoyable experience then just give me a shout and I'll add and invite you smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 2, 2013, 5:48:42 PM
I've purchased the Digital Deluxe edition, and I rarely play it. So far, the tiny maps that we have don't allow us to play for a long time - after all, when your city reaches its maximum population, water starts to become extremely scarce, and over the areas of the map that still have some water there are a lots of buildings, and you can't simply demolish parts of your city to build water pumps.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 3, 2013, 7:26:11 AM
Until they fix some of the basic issues (which I doubt they ever will), I've shelved the game (and EA) permanently.

- Cities much too small physically. Yet EA seems adamant on making more content to fill out what little space we have (Like the new county fair DLC)

- Industry doesn't really work properly. Finite resources turns all of your raw material cities into "Import what we used to pull out of the earth from somewhere in SimNation, like magic" cities.

- Trafic. Oh ye gods the trafic, even with the recent tweaks.

- Just isn't as fun as Simcity 4 when it comes down to it. The scale is just too small for me. I'd rather be building multi city, megapolis and stick with the 2D graphics and years of modding content.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 3, 2013, 3:53:24 PM
HumanSpacer wrote:
I've purchased the Digital Deluxe edition, and I rarely play it. So far, the tiny maps that we have don't allow us to play for a long time - after all, when your city reaches its maximum population, water starts to become extremely scarce, and over the areas of the map that still have some water there are a lots of buildings, and you can't simply demolish parts of your city to build water pumps.

The trick is to dump a sewage treatment plant right next to your water pumps. As long as the water works are equipped with only filtration punps, you'll have UNLIMITED WATER smiley: wink
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 3, 2013, 6:27:41 PM
n18991c wrote:
The trick is to dump a sewage treatment plant right next to your water pumps. As long as the water works are equipped with only filtration punps, you'll have UNLIMITED WATER smiley: wink

smiley: ohh

You're a GENIUS!
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 13, 2013, 3:26:23 PM
I'm in; I think.

And it sux indeed that you need to be on the some server smiley: frown
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 5, 2013, 7:54:40 AM
n18991c wrote:

I'm still not going to play it, but I think this is a nice bug smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 5, 2013, 1:34:52 PM
Mansen wrote:
Sadly it isn't even considered a bug, but intended feature by the developers.

Basics for new Programmers: It isn't a bug, it is a feature! smiley: stickouttongue

But seems to be "gamebreaking" to me...
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 5, 2013, 5:05:38 PM
Tredecim wrote:
Basics for new Programmers: It isn't a bug, it is a feature! smiley: stickouttongue

But seems to be "gamebreaking" to me...

Gamebreaking? If not for that feature you wouldn't be able to have your city survive. Also, there's no rain in the game, so it's only fair.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 5, 2013, 6:33:44 PM
n18991c wrote:
Gamebreaking? If not for that feature you wouldn't be able to have your city survive. Also, there's no rain in the game, so it's only fair.

Indeed. In late games, without water your city will collapse over itself just like it happened to me. My best city so far is a city I created in the sandbox mode, because I wanted to create the best city I could. Also, do you want to add me on Origin, so we can play together? If so, my username is BrazilianSpacer.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 5, 2013, 7:01:58 PM
HumanSpacer wrote:
Indeed. In late games, without water your city will collapse over itself just like it happened to me. My best city so far is a city I created in the sandbox mode, because I wanted to create the best city I could. Also, do you want to add me on Origin, so we can play together? If so, my username is BrazilianSpacer.

Gladly, I would appreciate some company, because few people seem to be playing it (no surprise after such a disastrous start, sadly) smiley: stickouttongue

btw I'm on Oceania 1 server, username T67G
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 5, 2013, 8:03:05 PM
n18991c wrote:
Gladly, I would appreciate some company, because few people seem to be playing it (no surprise after such a disastrous start, sadly) smiley: stickouttongue

btw I'm on Oceania 1 server, username T67G

Ok. And by the way, why are your usernames nothing more than meaningless numbers and letters? Is it a code? Illuminati? lol

Edit: Just added you, but I can't play now.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 5, 2013, 8:21:29 PM
n18991c wrote:
'

There IS rain in the game - Or so I keep reading on the forums. They are supposed to renew the water layer slightly.

Gamebreaking? More like retarded - Instead of pumping the filtrated water back into the underground, it should be sent directly into your piping so that you wouldn't need a water plant next door. This is how water filtration worked in all previous games (and reality)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 7, 2013, 8:15:11 AM
n18991c wrote:
Also, there's no rain in the game, so it's only fair.

Just...why? City without rain is just confusing smiley: confused

But I see, they seem to adapt it later. smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment