Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Despite its disastrous start is anyone else playing the new Sim City?

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Apr 10, 2013, 6:49:26 AM
stasik28 wrote:
Did you know modders using the editing tools given by EA have actually gotten offline mode and more features than the released product?

Yeah, but this doesn't make me want to play the game...
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 7, 2013, 10:55:24 AM
aww, adder, too bad smiley: frown Did you buy it really early or just recently? They've made some progress in the meantime with servers etc...
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 7, 2013, 2:16:00 PM
I played with it for a few days, took a break and then played a few more with some friends.

I've completely stopped playing by now though - until we get bigger cities, there isn't really anything for me left to do. I've had all of the themed cities - big ones, square ones, silly ones and so on. Honestly - I wish I hadn't bought it at all. As nice as most of the new features are, it just doesn't measure up to Simcity 4 (with community mods and interaction.

Just look at these quick comparisons and tell me it isn't unfair. smiley: frown

0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 7, 2013, 2:24:43 PM
I absolutely agree, whilst I really enjoy the new sim city it is really annoying that the city dimensions are so tiny. Particularly in the late game one then suddenly has difficulty paying for all the expensive and cool things because there just isn't enough living space for sims and thus not enough tax income... I hope they do something about that soon though.

You should start playing again though! I just created a new region but I'm not even sure the whole invite to game function etc is even working yet. I tried to join other games but they were always full, so now I created my own but no one else has joined that yet. Questions over questions... smiley: confused
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 7, 2013, 3:36:21 PM
n18991c wrote:
aww, adder, too bad smiley: frown Did you buy it really early or just recently? They've made some progress in the meantime with servers etc...

Not very long ago (2 weeks or so).

I played quite a lot of simcity 3000, and enjoyed it to a great extend, but the 2013 version doesn't compare to it.

The new version has nice graphics though.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 7, 2013, 5:23:15 PM
Haven't got, will not get it in the future - sorry, but I hate this "be always online", etc DRM stuff.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 7, 2013, 6:59:12 PM
Honestly I'm waiting for a crack for it. I hate Origins and so don't completely trust it's worth it (according to the thread, maybe not smiley: stickouttongue) but I enjoyed 4 so I'll get it a try (without the DRM smiley: wink )

They're going to release DLC (idiots, just saying) for bigger cities sizes, probably for more city slots later as well.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 9, 2013, 3:28:45 PM
Anything with super-strict DRM is something I'm not going to buy. It's why I buy most of my PC games on Steam (once you buy it, download it and confirm you have it, you can play it in offline mode).

THIS is why people pirate games, guys. Because you instigate ridiculous DRM that people can easily bypass and distribute illegally.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 9, 2013, 10:41:13 PM
Did you know modders using the editing tools given by EA have actually gotten offline mode and more features than the released product?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 7, 2013, 10:41:47 AM
Hi all,

I decided to purchase the new sim city despite its disastrous start (and somehow still shocking state of affairs) simply because I love sim city and wanted to play it so badly that I couldn't hold back... Besides, it can only be years now until they've sorted out those minor millions of bugs and it becomes an awesome and playable game smiley: wink

I was wondering now if any of you others have been brave enough to give it a shot? smiley: confused If so, we should found ES fan "colonies" in sim city, at least that would be my suggestion, haha smiley: stickouttongue

p.s. Although I enjoy playing it, I believe sim city to be a lesson for all of us that bigger companies don't necessarily produce better games and that, although many things in sim city have been implemented surprisingly well and with astounding detail, I don't feel more love there than in ES, so once again my heart goes out to you Amplitude, many many thanks for a game which is great fun and getting better still by the minute!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 10, 2013, 6:06:29 PM
IMO all the game needs is bigger maps, a save function and better server connectivity etc - plus of course all the bug fixes etc which have been promised anyway - and then everything would be fine.

The game is already fun, despite all the problems and the DRM madness, but it would be nice to have a few more people playing - no one seems to want to settle in my region smiley: frown

Btw can one play with people logged into servers in different regions? shouldn't be a problem right? smiley: confused
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 10, 2013, 6:42:08 PM
Nasarog wrote:
No. Always on = pass.

Come again? I didn't quite get that.

My query wasn't about the DRM but rather about friends being able to play together despite being logged onto different servers...
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 12, 2013, 8:49:37 PM
I am playing. I even bought a first-day store sell. Despite EA screwing everything up I still find this game enjoyable. And Maxis need to understand that SimCity is a simulation game, not an MMO.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 12, 2013, 8:53:31 PM
n18991c wrote:
Come again? I didn't quite get that.

My query wasn't about the DRM but rather about friends being able to play together despite being logged onto different servers...
I'm saying that because I need to be connected online to play, I passed up on the game. If they ever remove that feature, I'll buy a copy. I do play pirated games.

This is the first Simcity I haven't bought. I still have a copy of each oof my previous simcity games, all the way back to the original.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 13, 2013, 11:06:26 AM
Just started playing a bit again and am slightly annoyed that the whole join region things still doesn't work properly. If you want to join an existing game then they're always full, but if you create your own, as I have done now, then no one joins it... smiley: frown

Still, if any of you fancy joining then either add me as a friend (my name is "T67G") or search for game map called "Orbis Terrarum".

Would love to have some fellow ES guys around to play with smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 13, 2013, 3:19:41 PM
what server are you on?

edit: got it, Oceania 1
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 13, 2013, 3:23:14 PM
I hate the fact that you apparently have to be on the same server to play... what a silly method. It's like "play global... but only on the same servers...." smiley: cry
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment