Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

STAR CITIZEN - The revival of High end pc gaming and Space Sims?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jan 8, 2013, 5:47:00 AM
I figured as much. I just want to check, do a nudge, just to make sure though. Now if my wallet would just cooperate and let me give money and get my game, already...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 8, 2013, 11:14:44 AM
Damn those wallets, they allways go the way THEY like. That's why I switched to online banking. It's far less problematic except that you realy, realy should stop when the whole site is filled with red numbers....smiley: wink

Well anyhow, yes christmas had a deep impact on every one of us and that's why I wanted to publish it before christmas. Unfortunately that wasn't possible. Now, I still like the idea but now with the exams in sight and other projects to finish, motivation to lead another project has drowned somewhat in the after christmas stress. I realy want to stay on the project, but fact is: I don't want do all the organisation again on my own - and we have some real attractive concurence.

Now we have two options:

1. Leave it to die alone in the cold of given up dreams....

2. or I find some nice guys who are willing to let me do the history and narrative stuff, while they are organizing a Forum, Recruitment and the Logo.

I really wish I could organize some more help, but unfortunately most of my friends are either no Space-Sim Fans, or not very trusting with a project that is not finished (or lack the money to prebuy, or just lazy monkeys).

So If you are willing to help me and perhaps find some other guys to pull on board, we can do this after all...of course just if you are still amazed by the project.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 1, 2013, 8:15:30 PM
BumpedyBump! smiley: biggrin

Still someone here?

I kinda failed with my own ideas of Lore - would still be in for Star Citizen, when it comes out - although, I must admit, I almost joined EVE.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 2, 2013, 10:50:10 AM
You could join the "Systems United Navy", one of the first Clans for SC and very good organised.Their Forum is realy good and it's fun with those guys.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 2, 2013, 11:05:06 AM
I'll see who or what I'll join, if anything, when it's up and running. ^^
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 4, 2013, 8:48:33 PM
Codename_Veers wrote:
You could join the "Systems United Navy", one of the first Clans for SC and very good organised.Their Forum is realy good and it's fun with those guys.

I'll give them most likely a try, when back from holiday smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 17, 2013, 10:48:44 AM
I just learned about the game this week.

The CryEngine 3 Trailer and ingame sequences were awesome and I pretty much like the philosophy of the Devs. Basically they are sharing most of their ideas and design decisions just like amplitude does. Amplitude is one step further though as you can really decide about contents here.

Most important for me though is the history of Chris Roberts so he was responsible for WC, Privateer and Freelancer. Otherwise I would not trust that they will be able to do such an ambitious project.

Could not resist pledging for a constellation.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
11 years ago
May 17, 2013, 11:34:43 PM
HumanSpacer wrote:
I think that soon, I will pledge Star Citizen. smiley: biggrin

Endless United, the ES company in Starlancer. We'll soon need something like that, if this continues. smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 2, 2013, 9:25:42 PM
CyberianK wrote:
Most important for me though is the history of Chris Roberts so he was responsible for WC, Privateer and Freelancer. Otherwise I would not trust that they will be able to do such an ambitious project.

Star Citizen looks ok but I was never a great fan of Privateer - felt far too constrained for an space exploration and trading game. Sort of like Morrowind in space - I never liked those bar interior scenes - very awkward and too limited!

Wing Commander worked much better, where you didnt mind the constraints on travel because you were in a tight storyline just playing missions.

However what will be a far better game, Elite: Dangerous, is coming out next year. This is the much often toted Elite 4 that was long thought to be vapourware. I never played Elite but I loved Frontier: Elite II and First Encounters, and if this game is half the game they were it will be very big indeed.

I cant say I am completely enamoured that its going to be mainly multiplayer, nor that the time accelerateion has had to be removed for that reason, nor that the huge 'landing on planets' feature (probably the bigest selling point of Frontier Elite 2 etc) has had to be delayed for the daft reason that they want to 'do it properly', even though the game will be half the game without it!

But even so, this game could be huge, and David Braben is certainly going fully out to make it a detailed immersive experience. I am really looking forward to seeing what he prodcues in the end now that the evil publisher restraint had been removed from his Elite 'baby'.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 9, 2013, 4:25:31 PM
I have pledged this game and have faith that chris deliveres what he has promised and even more smiley: smile

This is like Elite and EVE sticked up together. And those videos, they are game-engine made.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 13, 2013, 2:56:42 AM
Cannot wait. I find both Endless Space and Star Citizen to be outstanding in their own areas.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 1, 2013, 11:38:26 AM
Mansen wrote:
Too much hype - too little actual content to show off.

I'll wait for now.

So much this......for the time this clip has been out there is preciously little to be shown in terms of progression. I d rather wait and see if he can deliver.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment