Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

STAR CITIZEN - The revival of High end pc gaming and Space Sims?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Oct 17, 2012, 4:56:22 PM
Hello everybody smiley: wink

Since there are lots of sci-fi space fans around here, i thought id give you a tip on a great game currently in the making, by the designer legend Chris Roberts: http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/

Im a real supporter of crowdfunding and have already pledged ^^ Wether you pledge or not id also be interested in your opinions on the game, based on the information of the videos and of the campaign in general smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 17, 2012, 5:27:11 PM
OH.MY.GOD!

If this project would really get funded, I can die in Peace smiley: biggrin

It looks superb, the gamemechanics seem to be interesting and his trailer was great! smiley: smile

I wish I had more money - because for this game I will need a gaming machine, controllers, etc - and additional money to fund them. lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 17, 2012, 5:56:13 PM
This guy is one of my inspirations for game design, he did one of my all times favorite games, Freelancer, if i had money irght row i would without a doubt give some of my money to this project. damn...i need this game! xD

What do you have to say Mr.Bison?

0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 17, 2012, 6:09:10 PM
What can I say... Im under impressed and pledge this project even more generous then Endless Space (no offence). Star Citizen is kind of game which I can only dream for last few years:-)

2014 it will be good year for space games:-)

0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 17, 2012, 6:39:06 PM
oO Never heard of this until now..

Definitely gonna spread the word where I can!
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 17, 2012, 9:42:21 PM
Yeah its just the technical prototype. But i really think he can make it! Hell im so excited, i couldnt throw my money fast enough at him xD
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 17, 2012, 9:51:15 PM
Narktor wrote:
Yeah its just the technical prototype. But i really think he can make it! Hell im so excited, i couldnt throw my money fast enough at him xD

I sense adder coming with an "shut up and take my money" meme lol

Yep, it looks cool so far, if this game is as cool as it seems to be, it's gonna be a banger! smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 17, 2012, 9:53:17 PM
What I like most is actually the physics behind the thrusters. That's awesome to finally have maneuver thrusters!

On the other hand, they have wings in space... Damn them, infidels!

On another note, project eternity got almost 4 Mio $, yesterday, so I'll back this only if I've got the money, next month, and they're actually in the multimillion range, already.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 17, 2012, 10:05:04 PM
Project Eternity was really a huge success. I was amongst the very first early birds ^^ Its so cool this game made it to 4.17 Mio together with Paypal, so we get a fully orchestrated soundtrack, aweseome! At the moment, those from star citizen are considering putting the project to KS as well, since some mentioned that many customers may like this service more rather than their website, concerning crowd funding.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 18, 2012, 1:23:42 AM
Narktor wrote:
Project Eternity was really a huge success. I was amongst the very first early birds ^^ Its so cool this game made it to 4.17 Mio together with Paypal, so we get a fully orchestrated soundtrack, aweseome! At the moment, those from star citizen are considering putting the project to KS as well, since some mentioned that many customers may like this service more rather than their website, concerning crowd funding.

I'm gonna check this Project Eternity out! Seems interesting smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 18, 2012, 2:02:40 AM
Narktor wrote:

Nice, but i really did not liked Planescape Torment of even Baldur´s Gate 2 (don´t crucify me! its just an opinion! Dsmiley: smile, of course, they have a great storyt, but the gameplay is way too complicated and complex, the same problem of Dwarf Fortress, great concepts, bad game designing... :/

But, on the other side i loved KoTOR 2 and Neverwinter Nights 2, so there may be some hope. i guess...anyway, even if i had money right now, i woudn´t donate to this kickstarter. sadly, im sckeptic.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 18, 2012, 7:44:10 AM
To be fair Torment, BG1/2 and the other infinity titles all used Advanced Dungeons & Dragons. It was a nightmare of a system to play on paper - making the PC do most of the calculations didn't help much either.

Though the party aspect will still be there - unlike KOTOR and NWN, you'll actually have to control an entire party, not just one person while the AI desperately tries to fake intelligence on your inactive party members.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 18, 2012, 11:10:12 AM
i am really looking forward to this game ! I loved Freelancer and was hoping for another one of those.. and the modding possibility !!! smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 18, 2012, 4:12:34 PM
I loved the mods for freespace back in time! Space is a really cool setting for custom campaigns because its quite easy to create new content, especially since theres a ship design tool included, so im looking forward to extremely appealing mods with space stations, capital ships and huge planetlike things to destroy in mods xD
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 18, 2012, 5:21:08 PM
Tredecim wrote:
I sense adder coming with an "shut up and take my money" meme lol

As requested.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment