Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Steam Wishlist, what's on yours and why?

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Aug 14, 2014, 6:59:32 AM
Adding Starpoint Gemini 2 to my list, looks like it's turning out to be an awesome space RPG.

Below and Hyper Light Drifter are at the top of my list but they're not available yet soooo.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 10, 2014, 2:02:01 PM
DevildogFF wrote:
I'll do my best to hook you up soon, sir.

Don't get in trouble.. haha.. appreciate it though. I hope you're having fun with it!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 10, 2014, 2:04:36 PM
Mansen wrote:
You may want to hold off on Stardrive 2. There's been a lot of drama over the decision to abandon the first game, and a lot of controversy over overzealous mods banning legitimate criticisms on their forums - and worse, on Steam's review system.

Not a "stay away" warning as such - But you may want to stay appraised with what goes on over there before you put down any money.

I enjoyed SD 1 for what is was and have faith in Zero for SD 2. From my interactions with him and some of the forum members, I have no worries giving him my money. Nothing could ever be as bad as Legend of Pegasus. smiley: smile I purchase almost ALL 4x games, some are great and some are well.. rather bad. I'm still hoping Star Lords becomes a great game. smiley: wink
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 10, 2014, 4:21:06 PM
Mansen wrote:
You may want to hold off on Stardrive 2. There's been a lot of drama over the decision to abandon the first game, and a lot of controversy over overzealous mods banning legitimate criticisms on their forums - and worse, on Steam's review system.

Not a "stay away" warning as such - But you may want to stay appraised with what goes on over there before you put down any money.

There was only drama from a small group and they got to a point where they were threatening Dan's (Zero) life and trying to inspire people to find out where he lived and "request a refund in person". So, some of those bans were a result of innocuous posts being posted by people that has threatened Dan and other mods and being deleted along with their very offensive posts. Then, that same group struck back by writing negative reviews that had nothing to do with the game, but instead, were rather personal and hurtful.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 10, 2014, 6:52:52 PM
DevildogFF wrote:
There was only drama from a small group and they got to a point where they were threatening Dan's (Zero) life and trying to inspire people to find out where he lived and "request a refund in person". So, some of those bans were a result of innocuous posts being posted by people that has threatened Dan and other mods and being deleted along with their very offensive posts. Then, that same group struck back by writing negative reviews that had nothing to do with the game, but instead, were rather personal and hurtful.
If there were better safety measures, I'd be for not being able to hide behind your online person. With the internet being what it is, I am not for that at all.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 11, 2014, 2:37:11 AM
DevildogFF wrote:

I'm not referring to that incident as it happens, but several cases of proper, constructive criticism having been removed. Heck my own review was "hidden" on Steam a while ago and it wasn't even that negative - I kept it very constructive and as objective as I could for the price and hours I've spent.

It's actually gotten so bad that the publisher, Iceberg have had to step in and monitor the situation.

(Anyway - Just a word of caution. It's your wallet and I personally enjoyed SD1 even if it was never really completed or polished sufficiently)
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 13, 2014, 9:34:42 AM
Train Fever is on the list - Got a sudden urge to play Tycoon games and it looks like it'll fit right into that vein. Supposedly the devs call it a "spiritual successor to Transport Tycoon", which is quite the claim.

Till September when it releases, I'll be playing Railroad Tycoon 3. smiley: redface
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 13, 2014, 4:38:54 PM
Oh my wishlist... Too large to be empty one day I fear ! smiley: smile

Well, here is my top 3 with the sale wanted on :

1rst : Rome II Total War -66% Im a fan of the Total War serie but this one is way to expensive at the moment ^^

2nd : Small Worlds 2 -50% and waiting for more updates (I had a lot of fun with the boardgame and enjoying it online is a good idea in my opinion smiley: stickouttongue )

But more than everything, if Dragon Age Inquisition was on steam, I would have added it as 1rst one smiley: stickouttongue

Im even hesitating to pre order it...
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 13, 2014, 5:19:58 PM
I really don't get the AoW3 love. It's pretty shallow when it comes to empire management & the units are essentially reskins. It would need some love before I could get in to it.

I'd give you my copy, King, if I could.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 13, 2014, 9:55:48 PM
AOW3 just has great combat.. that part is fantastic, the rest isn't as deep as most 4x games, but for the combat alone I like it quite a bit.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 14, 2014, 12:17:27 AM
2nd : Rome II Total War -66% Im a fan of the Total War serie but this one is way to expensive at the moment

Rome 2 was a pretty big let down for me. I can enjoy myself but it just doesn't have the same epic immersion that Shogun 2 had. I would definitely wait until it is on sale to buy it.

I really want to pick up Xcom EU and I mean to get it soon smiley: cool
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 10, 2014, 11:03:10 AM

0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 14, 2014, 10:22:59 AM
DevildogFF wrote:
I really don't get the AoW3 love. It's pretty shallow when it comes to empire management & the units are essentially reskins. It would need some love before I could get in to it.

I'd give you my copy, King, if I could.

I cant understand how you dont enjoy such a game !

I found no weakness smiley: biggrin

If only you could give it to me ^^

About Rome 2, I tested some battles once and I found it pretty confusing but really epic smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 21, 2014, 1:55:18 PM
I added Shadowrun returns....

though I doubt I'll play it anytime soon
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 23, 2014, 10:51:41 AM
just waiting on Stardrive 2

I pretty much grab all space 4X as soon as I can

still hoping for someone to capture that MoO 2 feel

on topic of Stardrive

I can understand why people who kickstarted the game with 100 or more $

would have problem seeing it abandoned so soon
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 24, 2014, 7:49:22 AM
Smight wrote:
I can understand why people who kickstarted the game with 100 or more $

would have problem seeing it abandoned so soon

I don't see why people who paid more are more entitled to feeling angry about it being cancelled so early than the ones of us who paid "normal" retail price.

New games I want (or have bought)

Ancient Space

Stronghold Crusader 2

Train Fever

Endless Legend (Duh :P)

Sunless Sea

Cosmonautica

Wasteland 2
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 24, 2014, 5:04:17 PM
That's why I don't kickstart or participate in that lottery. The one true alpha experience I've had was with Godus. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 24, 2014, 5:33:19 PM
The Witcher 3 (because Witcher 1 & 2 rocked)

&

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment