Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Nostalgic Games

Copied to clipboard!
9 years ago
Mar 31, 2015, 10:53:48 AM
xD

Don't have GOG account. I kept all cds of my old games.
0Send private message
0Send private message
9 years ago
Mar 31, 2015, 11:55:06 AM
Mansen wrote:
[Censored]

:-/

What is the GoG you played the most ?
0Send private message
9 years ago
Apr 1, 2015, 9:05:51 AM
Mansen wrote:
Welp - There goes free speech and nostalgia on the forums. Guess I won't bother coming back again.

Thanks Steph - I thought your company was mature enough to let people speak their mind in a mature manner as long as they don't actively promote piracy.

See you in... never? smiley: rollsweat

I have replied to your private message.

As a reminder, piracy (like any other "controversial" subjects) isn't a topic we allow our members to discuss. Please refer to the forum rules here.

End of the off topic discussion! Thank you.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Apr 1, 2015, 6:17:28 PM
Ascendacy!!!! Love it. I have my original cd with insert art, box, Game Guide, and my iOS port.

It's one of the reasons I fell in love with Endless Space. It reminded me a lot of Ascendancy.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Apr 2, 2015, 8:55:52 AM
Nasarog wrote:
Ascendacy!!!! Love it. I have my original cd with insert art, box, Game Guide, and my iOS port.

It's one of the reasons I fell in love with Endless Space. It reminded me a lot of Ascendancy.

I see it is the same for you !

Glad to hear that I am not the only one who knew this game !

I usually played the Govoroms, their capacity to terraform the planets was perfect. I played a lot with the Chamachies or the Nimbuloids.

And did you remerber the music too ? (Epic)

0Send private message
9 years ago
Apr 9, 2015, 6:51:13 PM
I would close my eyes, and randomly pick. I could play them all. I love the game and the music. I am surprised it never made it to steam.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Mar 30, 2015, 11:27:00 AM
Hi !

I created this thread to share with people the games you're nostalgic about.

Edit : /!\ Link deleted for copyright reasons /![/B][/COLOR]

What is the first game you remember to have played a lot ?

What did you find great in this game ?

I'll begin, not with the first, but one very important for me.

We're back in 1995. I was 12 when I installed this game on my computer.

The Logic Factory made this great game that introduiced me to the 4X.

I spent a lot of hours playing the different proposed races available.

This game is now Abandonware, so you can find it easily for downloag (legally). I still recommend it.

I consider it as the ancestor of Endless Space for me, even if they are quite differents.

@Amplitude Staff, what are yours ?
0Send private message
9 years ago
Apr 21, 2015, 4:28:58 PM
I've always had a love for strategy games. One of the first games I played when I was but a wee lad was Age of Empires II, which came out two years after I was born.

A few more I think back on fondly, are the Starfox games, Halo CE, Metroid Prime, and Super Smash Bros. Melee.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Apr 30, 2015, 7:49:59 PM
On a slightly similar note - A big compendium of Amiga was just released in hard- and paperback. It was kickstarted a while back and the backers (myself included) have received the book (So I can actually vouch for its contents)

It's been released into retail as well though, so people can still get it - Thought a few of you might be interested. smiley: smile

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2146199819/commodore-amiga-a-visual-commpendium/description
0Send private message
9 years ago
May 1, 2015, 5:10:13 PM
The first game I played a lot of is also the first game I ever played in my life. It's Dune 2 smiley: biggrin I started playing it when I was 2 myself, so the title was fitting, lol. Got much better at it once I learned to read numbers and do the most basic math when I was ~3 haha

You should see my old save files. They're all titled "1", "01", "010", "0101", "01010" and so on... no, I have no idea what was going in my head back then and why I named my save files in such way lol

I still play Dune 2 to this day btw. Amazing game, I wish it had skirmish mode and multiplayer lol

0Send private message
9 years ago
May 1, 2015, 6:59:20 PM
Awww I miss the Dune games. I miss Westwood. Another reason to hate EA >.>

My Nostalgia picks would be hard to choose from!

I suppose the first game I really remember playing into the ground is Zelda: Link to the Past on SNES. Castlevania and Metroid series come to mind. Megaman stuff too!

On PC there are so so so many!

Masters of Orion 2, Westwood's C&C series, Starcraft, Age of Empires II, Cid Mier's Alpha Centuari, Xcom, VtM: Bloodlines, City of Heroes, Bioware's Neverwinter Nights, and pretty much any Black Isle RPG (Fallout 1&2, Baldur's Gate I&II, Planescape:Torment, ect)

If I had to pick just one, probably Masters of Orion 2. I've had that one on every PC I've owned.

It has everything you want in a good 4X. It provides a nice immersive experience and has tons of replay value. You want to play as space bears from a high-gravity world and use your peoples tough bodies in combat? Then focusing on boarding technology and take your enemies ships from them! They'll have to resort to bombing to take your planets from you, their soldiers will just get slaughtered!

You don't want to deal with food? Go Lithovore, grats, your people are silicon-based rock eaters.

Maybe you want to play as a cybernetic race with tolerant bodies who have a wider selection of planets to choose from since you can adapt to extreme conditions?

So many ways to play. From espionage to diplomacy, it has it all.

It's was what introduced me to the genre, and still remains as my benchmark for comparison when a new 4x comes out.
0Send private message
9 years ago
May 1, 2015, 7:07:55 PM
Good old toontown was the first game I ever played. I remember asking around in elementary school if anyone else played it smiley: biggrin

Then it was closed -- and to add insult to injury, they did it to fund Club Penguin of all games
0Send private message
9 years ago
May 1, 2015, 9:10:12 PM
My very first video game :

Commander Keen - Episode Four: The Secret of the Oracle

Released: 15/12/1991 on DOS

I was runing it on AMD K6 166Mhz

My first PC.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login