logo amplifiers simplified

Let's Get To Know Each Other Better!

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Aug 7, 2014, 10:06:43 AM
avidsupporter333 wrote:
The German machine can't be stopped. Unless you're Stalin. smiley: smile

I have a question to the american veterans here:

Why was your military training exactly in Japan? Is there something specific or valuable? Glasteel? smiley: smile

We haven't left since we took Okinawa during World War 2. The Marine Corps has a large presence in that region, but specifically on the island of Okinawa.

The Okinawans hate us, for the most part. Though some of them appreciate the money we bring smiley: wink
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 7, 2014, 4:35:56 PM
Nice idea DD. It is cool getting to learn a little more about everyone.

1. Where you live: San Diego, California

2. How old you are: 27

3. What you do for a living: attorney

4. What you do outside of gaming for fun: Read and write mostly. I'm considering publishing a sci-fi novel I've been working on these past few months

5. What's your favorite genre of music: I'll have to break the rock heavy trend I'm seeing here and say country music.

6. About your family or pets: I live with my long-term girlfriend and we have two very energetic Australian shepherds, one of which is a five month old puppy

New Q: What is your native language?: English with a splash of Spanish
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 8, 2014, 9:37:42 AM
echo2361 wrote:
I'm considering publishing a sci-fi novel I've been working on these past few months

Good luck smiley: smile

Are you looking into self publishing or the traditional path?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 8, 2014, 3:15:32 PM
Wonder if we can give the devs in on this? Learn a little more about them, too?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 8, 2014, 4:31:49 PM
DevildogFF wrote:
Wonder if we can give the devs in on this? Learn a little more about them, too?

"It's a trap!"smiley: warning

Saylawl on duty Sir! smiley: colony

1. Where you live

Dreamland, wait, where is Kirby?... Paris, France

2. How old you are

I'm 25 since the 6 days! smiley: approval

3. What you do for a living

I'm Intern as Community Dev at Amplitude Studios smiley: stickouttongueower:

4. What you do outside of gaming for fun

I play the Saxophone (8 years), reading, cinema and play Magic: the Gathering (card game)

5. What's your favorite genre of music

Blues, jazz, hard rock, classical music and OST of movies (Hans Zimmer smiley: stickouttongueowersmiley: smile

6. About your family or pets

I have a lovely computer but it does not like to go outside. smiley: confused

New Q: What is your native language?

French

oh and I like chocolate!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 8, 2014, 5:03:17 PM
Is it wrong that if I was to visit France I'd go visit the Amplitude Studios HQ before checking out the Eiffel Tower? lol It would seriously be awesome to meet all of you in person and say thanks for ES DotE and EL.

I've always wanted to get into a musical instrument, I'm alright on bass guitar because for 8 months I started playing and then got uninterested in it. My real passion is to learn how to play Piano, I've gotta get my hands on a 61 key MIDI keyboard with dynamic sound first though.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 8, 2014, 5:05:53 PM
DotBeta wrote:
Is it wrong that if I was to visit Paris, France I'd go visit the Amplitude Studios HQ before checking out the Eiffel Tower? lol It would seriously be awesome to meet all of you in person and say thanks for ES DotE and EL.

No, that's alright. The queue in front of Amplitude's offices is surely not nearly as long as the one in front of the Eiffel tower. XD
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 8, 2014, 5:31:41 PM
It's official: I think Saylawl's official title should now read "Former intern/Current Full-Time Employee".

smiley: smile

Thanks for chiming in! Good to meet you!

Also, I'm with you, .Beta! I'd go to Amplitude Studios first, but I think they're in a town nearby right? Ile-de-France? Something like that!
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 8, 2014, 6:58:46 PM
melkathi wrote:
Good luck smiley: smile

Are you looking into self publishing or the traditional path?

Thanks! I figure I'll send out some letters with my manuscript to some publishing companies first once it is finished to see how the traditional path works for me, but if I don't get any bites I'll definitely be going to self publishing route and at least turning it into an e-book.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 8, 2014, 6:59:57 PM
When I visit a new place, I always like to explore. I hate tourist traps. I do make sure that I do not end up in an unsafe place though.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 8, 2014, 7:41:45 PM
Nasarog wrote:
When I visit a new place, I always like to explore. I hate tourist traps. I do make sure that I do not end up in an unsafe place though.

Do not explore to far in my hometown.

You would probably get lost in the woods. Or fall of a cliff.

Or slip down a mountain side :P
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 8, 2014, 7:49:52 PM
Vikingvesk wrote:
Do not explore to far in my hometown.

You would probably get lost in the woods. Or fall of a cliff.

Or slip down a mountain side :P
I live in New England right in the middle of nowhere. I'm used to that by now.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 9, 2014, 12:43:25 AM
echo2361 wrote:
Thanks! I figure I'll send out some letters with my manuscript to some publishing companies first once it is finished to see how the traditional path works for me, but if I don't get any bites I'll definitely be going to self publishing route and at least turning it into an e-book.

Sounds like a plan.

I send my manuscript to TOR a couple of weeks ago. Now I'm waiting for the probable rejection (though you know, million in one chances smiley: wink ) then I'll have to explore other paths smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 9, 2014, 3:42:18 AM
melkathi wrote:
Sounds like a plan.

I send my manuscript to TOR a couple of weeks ago. Now I'm waiting for the probable rejection (though you know, million in one chances smiley: wink ) then I'll have to explore other paths smiley: smile

Good luck! It never hurts to try smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 9, 2014, 5:34:48 AM
DotBeta wrote:
Oh I didn't know it wasn't in Paris, I just assumed smiley: sweat

They are in Paris.
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 9, 2014, 5:44:02 PM
I wouldn't call Paris a "beautiful area".

There's beautiful things to see there... But a "beautiful area" ?

DotBeta edit: It was 2 a.m. when I wrote that lmao, yeah, I meant it must be a beautiful place.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 9, 2014, 6:24:46 PM
Paris est un très bel endroit

Is what I meant to say, it was super late when I wrote that and was only running on half a brain.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment