10 years ago
Aug 10, 2014, 5:05:59 PM
Happy birthday! You are catching up smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 10, 2014, 7:17:12 PM
DevildogFF wrote:
Thank you, .Beta!!! 32 years young today!

Happy birthday Bud.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 10, 2014, 8:30:17 PM
Let give it a try.

1. I live in Berlin, Germany in the south-west of the City(the old american occupation zone).

2. Man, I feel young compared to most of you. I turned 21 last month.

3. In the moment nothing but I will begin a traineeship(? I´m not sure if it the right word, in German it would be Ausbildung) in the commual civil service of Berlin in September. The way from school to this was a bit difficult for me.

4. I like reading a lot and I´m watch some Animes and Cartoons. I´m also into roleplaying with some friends and we play DSA( or The Dark Eye in English). And there is (even if it is not all the time fun) the membership in one of the political parties of Germany. But I also enjoy the being out in the natur and taking photos.

5. Swing, Jazz, Classic, Rock and mostly OST´s from games.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 10, 2014, 8:39:04 PM
Teslaflux wrote:
And there is (even if it is not all the time fun) the membership in one of the political parties of Germany.

Let's hope it's the right one smiley: smile

Many moons ago, on the Age of Conan pre-release forum, when guilds were forming in anticipation of the game, one guild showed up who's members desribed politics as being important to them though they would of course not require guild members to join their party. Checking their website it turned out that the "party" was the NPD ...

I think they managed to get a first: guild banned before the game even launched smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 10, 2014, 8:46:03 PM
melkathi wrote:
Let's hope it's the right one smiley: smile

Many moons ago, on the Age of Conan pre-release forum, when guilds were forming in anticipation of the game, one guild showed up who's members desribed politics as being important to them though they would of course not require guild members to join their party. Checking their website it turned out that the "party" was the NPD ...

I think they managed to get a first: guild banned before the game even launched smiley: smile

I hope it too that it is the right one smiley: stickouttongue

And ok, that was rather stupid from them.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 10, 2014, 11:14:33 PM
Clever to try and use MMOs as a recruiting ground. Not so clever to do it so openly, allowing the rest of us to report them smiley: smile

So, party involvement. Does that mean at some point you'll try to get us to vote for you?

Though I vote in Bremen, so I guess my vote doesn't help you smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 11, 2014, 12:24:02 AM
Thank you all for your birthday wishes! Very nice of you! smiley: approval
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 11, 2014, 7:42:08 AM
melkathi wrote:
Clever to try and use MMOs as a recruiting ground. Not so clever to do it so openly, allowing the rest of us to report them smiley: smile

So, party involvement. Does that mean at some point you'll try to get us to vote for you?

Though I vote in Bremen, so I guess my vote doesn't help you smiley: smile

Yeah, the way was clever but fortunately they had made it openly so their attempt was futile.

The only point I will try to get the votes from you is when a idea from me is in a G2G contest.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 11, 2014, 2:48:38 PM
I'm not the most active forum-goer nor MPer, but I do love to lurk and judge all opinions on these pages... so here goes!

1. Location: South Africa (I suspect I'm the only guy who buys Amp games in SA...)

2. Age: Turning 27 next week! smiley: smile

3. Occupation: Scientist (Theoretical/Quantum Chemist)

4. Hobbies: Double Bassist

5. Music: All the music!

6. Family life: Married no kids

smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 11, 2014, 3:43:13 PM
EzekielMoerdyk wrote:
I'm not the most active forum-goer nor MPer, but I do love to lurk and judge all opinions on these pages... so here goes!

1. Location: South Africa (I suspect I'm the only guy who buys Amp games in SA...)

2. Age: Turning 27 next week! smiley: smile

3. Occupation: Scientist (Theoretical/Quantum Chemist)

4. Hobbies: Double Bassist

5. Music: All the music!

6. Family life: Married no kids

smiley: smile

Double bassist eh, now that's sick!
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 11, 2014, 5:20:07 PM
Happy birthday @ DD!

@Ezekiel: Are you working with spherical cows or working on more advanced models? smiley: wink
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 11, 2014, 6:06:11 PM
DotBeta wrote:

Hehe, thanks! I'm married to a flautist, so we have a lot of fun.

avidsupporter333 wrote:
Quantum chemist wow !! It must be very fun to be a scientist.

Again thanks... (lots of interest!) But I'm still in-training (PhD), so I can't say yet. I do get to play Endless Legend on a pretty sick cluster, though!

Nosferatiel wrote:
@Ezekiel: Are you working with spherical cows or working on more advanced models?

Hehehe, yup pretty much. We are often the laughing stock of the chemical community, since we almost end every discussion with the words, "within the limits of the model" (which is a nice way of saying "Don't even bother trying this in the lab")...
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 11, 2014, 6:09:33 PM
EzekielMoerdyk wrote:
Hehehe, yup pretty much. We are often the laughing stock of the chemical community, since we almost end every discussion with the words, "within the limits of the model" (which is a nice way of saying "Don't even bother trying this in the lab")...

Someone has to understand this at a physical level to make meaningful simulations a reality. Once chemistry gets out of try&error and becomes a theorist-experimentalist-cycle like physics already is, I expect a surge of new knowledge. smiley: wink
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 11, 2014, 7:55:06 PM
DotBeta wrote:

avidsupporter333 wrote:
Quantum chemist wow !! It must be very fun to be a scientist.

Quantum bassist?
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment