Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Let's Get To Know Each Other Better!

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Aug 12, 2014, 12:24:19 AM
1. Near Rochester, NY

2. 28

3. In a week I will be starting work as a statistical assistant for a local company. I'm also finishing up my research for my Master's degree in Mathematics.

4. Do things with my fiancé, and otherwise find excuses to be a giant nerd
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 12, 2014, 1:52:39 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
Someone has to understand this at a physical level to make meaningful simulations a reality. Once chemistry gets out of try&error and becomes a theorist-experimentalist-cycle like physics already is, I expect a surge of new knowledge. smiley: wink

With the people in charge of the funding and the anti-intellectual/science movements around the world... It feels like we are going backwards in the hard sciences of Chemistry and Physics. They are the foundation for most of the biological fields.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 12, 2014, 2:07:20 PM
Nasarog wrote:
With the people in charge of the funding and the anti-intellectual/science movements around the world... It feels like we are going backwards in the hard sciences of Chemistry and Physics. They are the foundation for most of the biological fields.

Logic, mathematics and physics are the fundamental fields that managed to go beyond phenomenology in many fields, so far.

I hope that, one day, chemistry, biology, meteorology and medicine will join that club. That phenomenology gets replaced by the understanding of the fundamental principles and processes. That mankind can simulate and mathematically describe problems ranging from Higgs potentials to biochemistry in liver cells, down to the molecular level, accurately.

It is a long way and it's sad if people don't think for the century after tomorrow, but that doesn't mean we should never aspire to understand anything at a deeper level.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 12, 2014, 2:22:47 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
Logic, mathematics and physics are the fundamental fields that managed to go beyond phenomenology in many fields, so far.

I hope that, one day, chemistry, biology, meteorology and medicine will join that club. That phenomenology gets replaced by the understanding of the fundamental principles and processes. That mankind can simulate and mathematically describe problems ranging from Higgs potentials to biochemistry in liver cells, down to the molecular level, accurately.

It is a long way and it's sad if people don't think for the century after tomorrow, but that doesn't mean we should never aspire to understand anything at a deeper level.
You won't get an argument out of me, but all the anti-intellectual movements around right now are scary to me.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 15, 2014, 12:09:21 PM
Anyone else up for introducing themselves?

It's good to get the community together smiley: smile
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jun 16, 2015, 4:43:45 AM
1. Born in St Paul Minnesota, USA, but have lives in California, Missouri and where I live now Kansas

2. 15

3. Nothing as of yet, but hoping to become an IT guy or something in the line of computers

4. There is not a lot to put her, but I am in the process of building my own computer (I have the Case, Processor, Motherboard and RAM)

5. I like lots of genres but my personal favorite is electronic (dubstep, dance, house, exc) I like Skrillex, Deadmau5 and Jon Hopkins.

6. One Mom, one dad, one younger Sister, 15(or so) cats 1 dog a German Sheppard, chickens, cows, sheep and quail

New Q: English, learning latin (ya that language that is the root of all romance languages(English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Exc)) Plan on learning German in a year or two.

Hope this is enough to know a little about me smiley: smile
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jun 16, 2015, 7:35:39 PM
Hmm... SHouldn't this go to the profile, instead? Hm... whatever smiley: smile

1. Where you live

I live in São Paulo/ SP/ Brazil... maybe will live in Hortolandia/SP/Brazil some time in the future, but, whatever...

2. How old you are

I'm 43 years old.

3. What do I do for a living.

I'm a computer programmer and support guy..., currently, mainly java and unix for server-based / terminal utilities.

4. What you do outside of gaming for fun

Watch movies, cooking, reading... oh crap... got a work ticket smiley: biggrin ...

hm... where was I? Oh, yes:

5. What's your favorite genre of music:

For working I like Queen, very much... It gives a good kickstart in the morning... But I like some rock bands... Led Zeppelin is good, Queen, Scorpions... But when I want to really relax I like Kitaro, Enya... And the classics: Rimsky/Korsakov, Beethoven, Bach... But there are also good MPB (Popular Brazilian Music) that I like, such as Milton Nascimento , Marisa Monte...

6. Family and pets:

Well, I'm sitting next to 3 guppy acquaria , very ill treated... I live alone with my wife. My family lives spreaded out through São Paulo and Paraná states.

My native language is brazilian portuguese.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jun 16, 2015, 8:13:35 PM
Nasarog wrote:
For the "ASoIaF" aka "GoT" (The HBO show), I'd recommend Wild Cards. It's a GRRM Anthology that's about super heroes, but it's even more brutal than ASofIaF.

I'll have to check out Mazalan, it somehow sounds familiar.

Re: Kids and Pets - we live in a place that's full of lyme disease (shudder).... I'd like to reduce multiple vectors in it's transmission.

On edit: aaaaah, GURPS.... I used to play that with one of my best friends growing up. What a solid system. Way more interesting and complicated than AD&D.

Oh, my, GURPS... did GM two games of it... And still bring me good memories... Passed more time reading the rules than actually playing the game, though smiley: biggrin And, of course, all my careful planning of the plot, locations, etc, got busted after 5 minutes of playing time, and had to improvise... Had to come with the Telekinetic Werepenguin at one of the plots...
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jun 17, 2015, 9:27:05 PM
DevildogFF wrote:
I see a lot of you guys around, so I'm just curious to learn more about you.
To rob us no doubt smiley: sarcastic

Jokes aside, may I suggest a new question?

New Q2: What is your favourite video game of all times?

I think that would be interesting to know. Anyway, my turn to speak:

1. Where you live

Currently I still live in Poland, despite my efforts to live in Korea and/or Malaysia smiley: cry One day though...

2. How old are you

23. I feel old already ;_;

3. What you do for a living

Studying, writing and taking random jobs on the side when my wallet feels too light. And it always does lol

I spend time with my friends, write a lot, read a ton, listen to music and do anything creative that comes into my mind (that can be anything, like designing a full MTG set, making my own game, etc)

5. What's your favorite genre of music

Hard to say, I believe that every genre is good when its artists are good. Heavy metal is what got me into music though and K-pop had great influence on my life so I suppose that those two could be considered my favourites.

6. About your family or pets

---

New Q: What is your native language?

Polish. I also speak English (duh lol) and a bit of Korean and German, starting to learn Mandarin as well.

New Q2: What is your favourite video game of all times?

Analogue: A Hate Story.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jun 20, 2015, 10:09:38 PM
1. Where you live

- Toronto

2. How old you are

- Security

- Music, movies, drawing, books(novels and comics alike)

- Dont have just one.

- Had one dog, Buddy

- Romanian
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jul 7, 2015, 9:49:22 AM
Hi all smiley: smile

1. Paris!

2. 168... in cat years smiley: wink

3. The new Game Designer at Amplitude ^^ I'll be taking over from Manu, so focusing on AI for Endless Legend.

4. Wing Chun, philosophy, navel-gazing, game jams.

5. Progressive... um... trance maybe? I guess you'd just call it EDM probably, because you're above that kind of thing and only listen to 1950s Jazz.

6. 2 brothers and 2 parents in Canberra, Australia.

Native language: English, but I also speak French and Italian smiley: smile
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jul 25, 2015, 6:11:42 AM
1. Where you live

Brunei (Somewhere in South East China, Asia Country)

2. How old you are

IT Advisor for POS

Brunei is a boring place to have fun outside.

Any kind, I recently found the OST for Endless Legend to be refreshing

Noting much to say

English (Chinese, Malay too)
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jul 29, 2015, 1:56:30 PM
1. Where you live

Lille, France

2. How old are you

22 yo

Freelance writer

Reading / Writing / Travelling / Learning random stuff (mostly science related)

I don't like a specific genre, it depends on the music itself.

Meh?

I'm a native French speaker. I also speak english fluently, know a bit of german and have basic knowledge of Mandarin.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jul 29, 2015, 2:51:41 PM
hey

1. Where you live

-Belfort, France

2. How old you are

-studying

-reading,sport

-epic music
0Send private message
0Send private message
9 years ago
Aug 27, 2015, 11:25:50 AM
1. Where you live

Belgium

2. How old you are

I work as a staff member for a federal Representative. I'm also still studying, hopefully this will be over in two weeks because my schedule is killing me.

Crate digging, listening to music, reading (currently Glue by Irvine Welsh), hockey, playing guitar, making trippy electronic music, playing boardgames (mostly chess and Twilight Imperium). Don't do most of these things as much as I'd like to anymore as I'm currently working + studying. Haven't made music in ages... smiley: frown

Couldn't say, for me it's more about the artist than about the genre. My favorite album of all time is Untrue by Burial.

Native tongue is dutch. Favorite game is Age of Wonders III.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Sep 15, 2015, 9:43:25 AM
Hello guys!

I've recently joined the Amplidudes to help Steph and keep a watchful eye over the Endless community.

Let's see about answering these questions:

1. Where do you live?

I'm living South-East of Paris, the commute to the studio is about 90 minutes each way.

2. What's your native language?

I'm a French speaker. I'm pretty decent with English, and I can garble my way out of a conversation in Spanish if necessary.

3. How old are you?

I'm 28. I have a twin, who happens to be 28 too. Crazy!

4. What do you do for a living?

Senior Com Dev', I'm the primary interface between the rest of our studio and you guys, our community. This covers of course the forums in their various aspects (discussion, feedback for/from dev teams, moderation, etc.), social networks where we have a presence (Facebook, Twitter, Twitch, Instagram, Tumblr) and the million other tasks that might benefit from our expertise. smiley: smile

5. What do you do outside of gaming for fun?

I game some more! I'm a big board games fan and there's nothing I love more than sitting down around a table with friends to nerd it up. I've done (and do) tabletop RPG as well. On the outside activities side, I rollerskate and enjoy rock climbing and travelling.

6. What's your favorite genre of music?

I enjoy folk black metal the most, however I'll listen to pretty much anything.

7. What's your favorite game?

See gif above. If I really had to pick one, I'd choose Cryo's Dune. It was made in an era where video games didn't really stick to a genre, and as a result is the precursor of real time strategy while simultaneously having management aspects all wrapped up in the guise of an adventure game. I loved it to bits, and the soundtrack was amazing.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Sep 21, 2015, 4:12:24 PM
1. Where you live

Washington State

2. How old you are

31 years old

I built and maintain a web based database driven learning solution.

There is no fun outside of gaming, but I do run a youtube channel focused on gaming.

I listen to a little bit of everything from DMX to Letters to Cleo

I've been married just a bit over 10 years and have a daughter who is 14. We also have two min-pins.

7. What is your native language?

Bad English

8. What's your favorite game?

I love games from all genre's but my favorite game of all time is probably Fallout: New Vegas.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Sep 23, 2015, 8:35:56 AM
fenixink wrote:

There is no fun outside of gaming

Well said. smiley: approval
0Send private message
9 years ago
Sep 27, 2015, 11:45:24 AM
I guess this is a good first post...

1. Where you live

Louisiana

2. How old you are

Now a student, was military.

Sleep

Eh, I'm all over. Pretty much everything, except for the things I don't like.

I live with just my two dogs.

English
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment