Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

What kind of alien races do you generally play as in games? (multiple choice poll)

High-tech, organic, militaristic aliens – Protoss (SC), Covenant (Halo), Vasari (SoaSE)
High-tech organic pacifist aliens – Psilons (MoO), Torian Confederation (GCII)
High-tech, cybernetic/machines aliens – Meklar (MoO), Borg (ST), Yor Collective (GCII), Cravers (ES)
Low/medium-tech, organic, hive mind aliens– Zerg (SC), Xenomorphs (Alien), Tyranids (Warhammer)
Others (explain)
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
May 21, 2012, 9:29:42 PM
I generally hate the human race so try to always play as aliens.

I like mech races a lot, but for some reason the hive mind races are always so much more appealing. Probably something to do with my being a huge Alien fan when I was a kid (talking about the Sigourney Weaver movies here)
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 7:39:11 PM
Gotta go with No. 1, although I'm not necessarily aggro kill everything, I'm no pacifist. Prefer to research and upgrade while slowly expanding and building up, only to crush my opponents with severe firepower.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 7:52:03 PM
Will there ever be a peaceful robot race? I like to win with economic power. I like buying without a care in the world, lol. Having enormous amount of land isn't bad neither.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 8:52:50 PM
smiley: biggrin I love it how the "M O O" in the poll choices turned to "MoO" with the addition of the new smilies.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 2:14:14 AM
Flesh is a design flaw.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 31, 2012, 8:48:47 AM
Raptor wrote:
The thing is there aren't a lot of pacifistic aliens in games or movies. The ones that are present usually get pwned by some other militaristic conquistador-type of aliens smiley: smile And in games I have yet to see an alien race winning with pacifist methods, the lore is one thing the actual gameplay is pretty much the same, with the peaceful nature being manifested in a diplomatic relationship bonus or something like that but you still have to destroy the enemy through military power.

If your race has got a huge scientific bonus, it is in your best interest to stay peaceful for a while. Afterwards you simply shoot everything to oblivion with your huge technological advantage.

I admit that this is only conditionally peaceful...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 30, 2012, 4:01:32 PM
I would kill for an hybrid race between protoss and zergling : some cross-over between a hive mind and some technology. A bit like the reapers in Mass Effect.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 30, 2012, 4:14:24 PM
Raptor wrote:
damn you with your bugs smiley: biggrin

How daring and yet how ill-advised to insult the swarm.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 30, 2012, 4:16:55 PM
Ogrette wrote:
How daring and yet how ill-advised to insult the swarm.

smiley: cool the swarm is good for new weapons testing purposes though
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment