Yes
No
Other (define below)
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 15, 2012, 9:54:54 PM
what others have said, an enthusiastic yes. I really like the battlesystem and the only big thing i could think of to change in the battles is to allow the player to move the camera around and view the battle from where/how they want to. Yes there are bugs but its only alpha and overall its very solid. I'm looking forward to the patch tomorrow if they get it out on time which will make the victory condition toggles work so i can have my blood bath with no worries of someone pulling an economic victory on me smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 15, 2012, 11:31:20 PM
The game at this point plays quiet well and itches a scratch that Civ 5 could not. Also a few other space 4X games. So I think it is worth it just to get your feet wet now, and have a voice in how the game might be shaped.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 1:42:12 AM
While at first I was really unsure since this is the first game I ever pre-ordered, which I did due to the Games2Gether system I soon found myself already thinking the money came back to me in motivation, fun and other values. Hell if I would've known the game is already that good for an alpha I even would've paid 40-50€ instead of only 26€. This game, Amplitude and the community are all worth supporting. 59 People voting yes and 2 no so far draws a pretty clear picture. Hell knows where those 2 came from.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 1:25:49 AM
Yes, a million times. I haven't played a 4X game as good as this one in a long time. And it's only an alpha, a very stable alpha IMO.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 3:18:52 AM
chevmech wrote:
This alpha is so solid, it feels like a finished product.

This game is totally worth pre-order. I'm really surprised how complete it feels. I wouldn't say it feels totally finished, but more like a well baked beta. smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 6:43:15 AM
LordAshanti wrote:
I like focusing on the macro elements of play. Combat itself is fun, but I really like planning out my empires growth and advancement and pitting my strategy against AI players or human players.

Then you've a deal.

Don't hesitate.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 15, 2012, 9:24:28 PM
Definitely, YES! Even wish I had ordered Emperor Special Edition. Any way to upgrade?

Access to alpha version is amazing. I can even run this game on my P4 2.4GHz desktopsmiley: cool

I think of most of the bugs as rapidly-expiring strategic exploits.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 7:48:37 PM
Definitely get this, if you like this type of game. The Alpha alone is worth it, but the Emperor Edition just makes it so much better... Really glad I got this.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 7:56:37 PM
Well I bought minecraft when it was Alpha, and look how it turn out! smiley: biggrin

Well this game is in alpha and it is already interesting and expanding. Doesn't cost most neither.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
May 26, 2012, 10:18:43 AM
Anyone on this forum probably already has pre-ordered it, or will shortly. I'm already 12 hours+ on the alpha and loving it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 27, 2012, 9:06:11 AM
~50h played in 4-5 days = that was totally worth my money. Now if only I could drag myself away from it long enough to eat and sleep a bit...
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 2:15:45 AM
If nothing else, pre-order it so you can enjoy the brilliant GUI.

So smooth and wooshy... a GUI shouldn't please me this much. O.o
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 15, 2012, 7:56:49 PM
Totally worth it, best 4x game to come out in years even in the alpha state. I've already clocked in 92 hours of play.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 15, 2012, 4:24:12 PM
It depend on what you liked in Master of Orion 2 or GalCiv2.

Do you want a focus on the micro (tactical combat really tactical) or on the macro (have to think how to manage the empire with lots of options) ?
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment