Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

How did everyone find out about Endless Space?

Friends/Family
Article on a Website
Randomly drifting the internet
Advertisements (are there any yet?)
Other (please specify)
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Apr 19, 2012, 4:55:00 PM
How was it you found out about Endless Space? Did someone tell you? Find an article about it somewhere? Something else (and therefore mysterious)? I read the article on Space Sector (my first time on that site) and was instantly hooked on the concepts/lore/etc.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 19, 2012, 5:12:15 PM
I saw a bright white light, and I thought "Damn, this truck got me this time..." But instead of being squished by a truck an alien kiwi came out of the light and told me: "Hey primitive, the games you are playing here on Primitivia are retarded, here's what we play on Nerdalia...", then it showed me the Endless Space trailer on his portable hologram player. I said in awe "Oh Great Feathery One what should I do to be able to play this game?!". "It's easy", he replied, "Go and register to the Amplitude Studios' forum, then pre-order the game and then you can play it". "That's it? That's all I have to do?", "Yeah that's all... if you can remember the hard procedure with your primitive brain, now GTFO of here before I vaporize you with my tachyon pistol... Damn primates, not the brightest are they?"
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 19, 2012, 5:14:13 PM
I think it was on Space Sector too. This site is really good to find promising space games ! Also the articles are well written and the author is a passionate guy.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 19, 2012, 5:16:39 PM
Beeing a sapce ninja i used my special skilles and sneek up on this forums and used my super mad skills and ninja posted on the forums.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 19, 2012, 5:19:28 PM
Am also a space ninja with special visionary powers!

More seriously, I have known some people in the dev team for ages smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 19, 2012, 6:25:30 PM
I was carrying out a periodic google search for new 4x games. That search really paid off.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 19, 2012, 7:41:40 PM
Boygor wrote:
I was carrying out a periodic google search for new 4x games. That search really paid off.

Same for me.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 19, 2012, 10:28:21 PM
There was an article on a german gaming magazine about a soon to be released space game.

While the aforementioned game made me yawn utterly, some one suggested this game in the comments and now I'm here.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 19, 2012, 11:24:32 PM
spacesector too

was cheking for 4x games on it and my eyes end up in the article about endless space... and now im here xP
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 19, 2012, 11:36:49 PM
My buddies on NoHighScores.com pointed me in the right direction.

We actually recently played Eclipse and it evoked a lot of conversation about the design potential (nothing funnier than trying to look up rules FAQs for a 4x board game and only getting vampire stuff)
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 20, 2012, 11:06:48 AM
LSyn wrote:
Other : A great article in CanardPC.

I'm assuming this is a French magazine? To show off my general UK ignorance of all things foreign I was under the impression (from secondary school) that a "Canard" was a duck??? smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 20, 2012, 12:21:27 PM
Canard is slang word for a newspaper too. smiley: smile

Best known: Le Canard enchaîné (Satirical weekly newspaper). No connexion to canard pc tho.

Canard PC is well known amongst french gamers. And, I think, appreciated. smiley: smile

Boygor wrote:
I'm assuming this is a French magazine? To show off my general UK ignorance of all things foreign I was under the impression (from secondary school) that a "Canard" was a duck??? smiley: smile
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment