Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Be careful about that change:

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Jun 7, 2014, 10:26:38 PM
I quite like the indirect control system, but you should be able to highlight a single mob as a target priority. Heroes then attack that target if they are in the same room.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 5, 2014, 10:09:15 AM
PANCZASU wrote:
Can you please keep this typo in as "normal" difficulty?

Hope you're ready to some trolling from game engine

0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 5, 2014, 1:00:47 PM
On "Easy": Got to the third Floor with Ken, and Ken alone. Survived for 12 doors solo, but couldn't produce enough food. Getting swarmed pretty badly still on the second level. Lost DV8 and The warden because of swarms. Had three of them orc/troll baddies swarm me, and I just couldn't heal fast enough.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 5, 2014, 2:23:50 PM
I think we should change strategy, might create more food instead of industry
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 7, 2014, 2:31:42 PM
Ok open one more door is to risky.

I open one more after finding the exit, just to finish a research, and here what I get :

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/561009955256961172/80112137A79C5AFBBF3D9162EB256C53E14E0100/

I survive, but the broke all my major module.

So I will try this run without opening door after exit, to see if it's possible to finish.

I let you know. I at level 5 for the moment, and a good team of well stuffed/leveled heros.

But a bit short in terms of research.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 7, 2014, 3:41:57 PM
AgentDerf wrote:
Ok open one more door is to risky.

I open one more after finding the exit, just to finish a research, and here what I get :

I survive, but the broke all my major module.

Just finish my first succesfull try on post 0.7.7 version. So here's my thoughts:

Seblasters + Bio-transference = best choise for current version.

On floor 4 (as i see on you picture) you need to have at least Tesla modules, lvl 3 or 4. But im more deeper stages, you need to have an AoE damaging module.

And, concidering how many enemies game can spawn in last patch, Seblasters are more preferable than Claymores. They deal high damage to everyone in room, but frendly damage is pretty small, and can be easily negated with Bio-transference.

So, fill evey room om monsters way with Seblasters, or add Neurostun or Tear, if room have >=4 small nodes. For main defence room, 1 or 2 Bio-transference and Seblasters.

Yes, this is pretty expensive, and you need a lot of resourses. So pal's are incredibly helpful now (Pal(v2) = 2 smiley: foodsmiley: industrysmiley: science per turn/per module, Pal(v4) = 3).

For safe production rooms all small nodes for Pal's. But only when you secure the main way (2 or more full rooms; significantly more, if level have golems).

For later levels (>7) you'll need at least 4 full rooms, to say that this way is safe.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 7, 2014, 4:10:53 PM
After patch...still got that giant wave in Too Easy later floors...shame I forgot to take screenshot of those massive Silic waves...
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 7, 2014, 8:26:16 PM
In "later floors" it is pretty normal to see giant waves.

It just wasn't supposed to happen in floor 2 as on the initial screenshot.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 7, 2014, 8:42:19 PM
Finally made it into the end.

The spike in difficulty is in the 2nd, 3rd and (in part 4th) floors, after these, game kept sending waves, but they were pretty manageable, specially using the good old tower defense tactic of make corridors filled with neurostun and seblasters (that seems to replace the claymore mines in terms of efficience anti-mobs here).

The door openers also were a bit difficult to manage because of the DAMN targeting system, where the hero started to hit ANY other mob than the door opener.

I still feel the targeting system should be a priority for the devs - making it NON-STATIC - meaning that many 'if/then' variables should be applied: IF a door opener is hitting a door, THEN it should be a priority. IF its the power room, THEN the dust eaters should take priority.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 5, 2014, 9:57:46 AM
I retry last evening after the hotfix, it's less harder... but it's still to hard I thing for the moment.

I'm an experience player, I have finish several time the game before on "easy" mode.

Now I manage to survive on the edge of death. And I'm just a in the smaller level with the smaller mob.

I can't imagine higher level with pop of harder mob by 6 or 8 in pack, with some other mob to handle.

And I can't not imagine a new player who just bought the game handle that kind of difficulty.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 9, 2014, 2:13:52 PM
I like the AAR setup now, it really mixes things up once you've found the exit. Instead f reaping whatever other benefits the floor has after finding the exit you now have a choice to move on or risk it all to finish researching or find a merchant etc.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 11, 2014, 9:03:30 PM
I have never ever finished the game on Too Easy - or I did such a long time ago that I don't remember, end/or it does not apply anymore.

Now, even after the hotfix, I steadily die on huge mobs on floor 2. The last few games I tried, I was obliterated in seconds there.

Difficulty curve should definitely be bashed down a few notches.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 12, 2014, 7:22:07 AM
Hmm, then I guess you are doing something wrong. smiley: ohh

With 0.7.10 I could win on Easy. It was not Easy and I had massive trouble in Floor 9. But I somehow managed to survive it and was lucky in floor 10 to find the exit quickly enough to end it with the 2 heros that survived in floor 9.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 12, 2014, 7:47:33 AM
One of the problems of the actual version of the game is the snowball effect that the door-openers bring to it. Add this to the AWFUL targeting system, the mass mobs with pass through your defenses and heroes going straight to the power room, and you end up with an unmanageable ARMAGGEDON in your hands.

The game is freaking unbalanced now - as I never seen before. And not simply unbalanced in the sense that things are pretty hard, but in the sense that LUCK counts more than anything now. Sometimes you finish the game smooth and easily, then other times you can't pass floor 2.

I just came from a game with the most impressive BADASS team you could see - Gork Lvl 15, Elise Lvl 14, Ken lvl 14 and Raky lvl 14 - a MASSIVE amount of industry and food, almost ALL tecnologies (but all that mattered)... and yet I lost because I couldnt stop a SINGLE door-opener where the same problem I described in the other tread happened: Ken (my door-opener for obvious reasons) couldnt TARGET the damn goblin in a rhynoceros among other mobs. The door-opener open a door and spawned more door-openers AND two boss-monster-devil, the spawned door-openers opened MORE doors and in the end something like 15 enhanced dust-eaters reached the power room, bringing it down in a matter of seconds. And meanwhile, the heroes were damaging EVERYTHING around, no sweat. All because snowballing door-openers plus bad targeting.

I think its time the devs start thinking on bring caps to the mobs. It's freaking ridiculous as it is now.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 12, 2014, 7:58:09 AM
I agree with you fabs.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 12, 2014, 10:32:09 AM
Hi,

Thank you very much for your feedback; we really appreciate it. We understand you seem to be upset with the game in its current state but keep in mind that we are always open to the discussion, so there is really no need to be aggressive smiley: smile

For the targeting system, please see this post.

As explained in the dev blog, we rewrote the entire game configuration in the last update with a new approach in addition to many other changes, that’s why we added a warning on the current balancing. We are reading attentively all your posts and working to reduce the importance of the luck factor.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 13, 2014, 3:40:20 PM
I personally would like to have a hotkey, that brings up a list with all monster-types currently active and you being able to sort those in the order they should be attacked.

With smart-targetting by the AI, there will always be circumstances, where someone would have done it differently.
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 4, 2014, 12:28:31 AM
Happened to me too. Out of blue, a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE mob. 6th floor. Heroes on level 10. Room with four slots filled with bio-organic transference modules.

Spent 200 in food to keep them alive, but it was useless. Too many targets. The heroes basically died from a thousand papercuts.

Difficulty level: TOO EASY! ¬¬
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 4, 2014, 1:42:12 AM
Can't get off floor 2 on "Easy" difficulty. Mobs are eating through the heroes too quickly, and I can't get enough science to start buying minor modules yet. Learning curve still being mounted.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 4, 2014, 2:59:48 AM
fepriest wrote:
Can't get off floor 2 on "Easy" difficulty. Mobs are eating through the heroes too quickly, and I can't get enough science to start buying minor modules yet. Learning curve still being mounted.

After the last time, I tried on Easy too... didn't passed level 2 too. Around the 11th door I was massacred. 2 heroes (Gork and Sara) on level 4. Room filled with 6 laser rods. It's a shame.

EDIT.: Tried again. Easy. 12th door at floor 2. Now with Gork, Sara and Skroig (level 4, 4 and 1, just got Skroig). 12th door was a massacre. At least 5 hunters, 6 spiders, 3 of those new ogres/trolls/orcs, 6 fliers.

Things got a bit ridiculous after this update, i must say...
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 4, 2014, 4:20:06 AM
Ail wrote:
Increased waves difficulty when the exit is found

Why on earth this hasn't been mentioned in the Mysterart's public post, or in changelog?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 4, 2014, 4:48:03 AM
WHAT THE HELL??

Too Easy. Sara (Lvl3), Gork (Lvl3), Deens (Lvl4). Floor 3, 11th door. Bio-organic transference plus prisoner rods. Science Creator III, Industry I, Food II. So, everything is great.

SIX Crystal Golems, plus floating squares and spiders. The golems simply walked through all the defenses and gone to the power crystal - I went from 80+ Dust to... 7!!

As somebody else said, I want to lose a game because I made a mistake - I want to be able to learn from that - and not because I'm STEAMROLLED beyond ANY possibility of defense.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 4, 2014, 8:00:32 AM
Hi

I do not think it is a mistake on your part,

except that the game has become a little harder in easy mode: s expérant decreasing resistance, the points and the number of monster for early level.

For now to reach the level 7 or 8 for my part, it is impossible.

On 0.6.10 I had completed several do with the doors open to all floors. 0.7.7 but not open all the doors too many monsters, few resources or it must be lucky to have good rooms.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 4, 2014, 8:59:24 AM
Same here! I have finish the game many time before this update, in "easy".

But now I don't manage to pass the level 3... because I try to open one more door after finding the exit.

I you do that, you will see an huge stack of mobs passing all you defense room full of turel level 4, and then rap you team of 4 heros (level 5,5,3 and 2) in a second.

I not again some difficulty, but here it's not difficulty, it's just like you click a red button "Ok, now kill me" and watch all your team die in a sec...

I think we need a better balance smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 4, 2014, 11:41:26 AM
Lynx_gnt wrote:
Why on earth this hasn't been mentioned in the Mysterart's public post, or in changelog?

It is not? I kinda assumed it was. But just looked it up and yes, you are right, it's not in the notes.

My quote was from the changelog for 0.7.5 posted in the VIP-Forums.

I even managed to beat the game on "Easy" on 0.7.5.

The only thing that allowed me to do this was to stick to "Never open doors after the exit has been found".

Now I thought okey, just 2 more doors anyways, can't be that bad... but of course it was.

I personally think that the way how difficulty increases after having found the exit is totally ridiculous.

It's like 200% harder!

And if you are not used to it or don't even know it, as it appears to since it isn't even mentioned in the official patch-notes, the experiences people have with this is no surprise.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 3, 2014, 5:39:32 PM
Mysterarts wrote:

• Increased waves difficulty when the exit is found

I was like:

Ok, there's the exit, but come on, two more doors so I can get another research done...

And then the game was like:

smiley: biggrin

Wow, I actually managed to survive it... EASY!!!! smiley: biggrin

0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 4, 2014, 12:20:55 PM
Has a developper say on an other forum (in French) the difficulty pb is just a pb of mistake in the config file. The difficulty rise amount is miss taped.

So it's explain why the difficulty rise over 200% harder after exit found.

An hotfixe will come really soon.

I thinking it's better stop playing before the release of the hotfix.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 4, 2014, 1:23:57 PM
Hi,

Etheon(devblog) wrote:

smiley: warning There was a typo in the game configuration which caused this unintended difficulty!

We will make a hot fix as soon as possible. We apologise for the inconvenience.

smiley: embarassement

Lynx_gnt wrote:

As AgentDerf said, it was mentioned in the dev blog (you're right, we should add it in the changelog - it was a bit of a mess last evening).

But it's not linked to the current difficulty problem: the increase when you found the exit is only 25%.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 4, 2014, 2:25:33 PM
Ok, my bad that i didn't pay attention to this part of 'dev blog' post. Thanks for hightlightning it.

But, in defence of my opinion, i can say that those words wasn't clear enought, to understand what actually will happend after the exit room was found. smiley: alder
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 4, 2014, 9:12:29 PM
I am playing the hotfixed version 0.7.8. The waves are getting harder once I find the exit. Harder but fair.

But on one occasion I had mob killing 3 heroes in about half a second. Too fast to even hit pause. No saved game either smiley: frown

On a too easy third floor.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 5, 2014, 1:33:37 AM

What can I count there?

5 spiders.

6 fliers.

4 hunters.

Still ridiculous. BUT its my first game after the last patch so, let's see how it goes.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 5, 2014, 2:39:38 AM
Etheon wrote:
Hello everyone,

smiley: warning There was a typo in the game configuration which caused this unintended difficulty!

We will make a hot fix as soon as possible. We apologise for the inconvenience.

To be fair, I really, really enjoyed the difficulty increase. Made me experiment some more to progress to lower floors. And I liked the challange smiley: biggrin

I still need to try the game out in the super hot fix version but I expect it to be easier after the patch, so I'm just gonna say something now:

Can you please keep this typo in as "normal" difficulty? smiley: wink
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment