Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Any news on upgrading from pixel to founder pack?

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Jun 20, 2014, 11:12:22 AM
melkathi wrote:
They are.

What Steph said is that they have been available in ES for those people who have the Founders pack since the first day the Founder's pack existed. Unlike Josh 'Ntello who only became available this week.

Oh, okay, was just the way it was worded made me a bit confused. I really want to play as the Vaulters. Thanks for clearing it up.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 27, 2014, 12:51:47 PM
The Upgrade from Pixel to Founder was requested by players who enjoyed the game but wanted to enjoy the extra content initially promised to the Founder Pack owners only. We thought it was better to give these people the small advantage (after all, they didn't know if they would have liked it at first) while still giving others, if they want to, the ability to upgrade.

And in general, you will notice that bundles (even if I don't like calling the Founder Pack a bundle...) are usually cheaper than having to purchase a DLC, and another and so on.

But yeah, it's up to you to decide if our sweat and tears are worth the extra cents. smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 26, 2014, 5:12:04 PM
Zigeye wrote:
My guess is that it took some work to make it available to us and only a fool would work for free.

The fact that the founders pack is only for people who are interested in supporting the game and basically gives you nothing of true value, it was easy to assume such intentions of your "frame of mind" as you so put. Had you added the above details for the Devs, I might have assumed otherwise. My apologies still for my incorrect assumptions. Hope you enjoy the new founders pack smiley: smile

I never stated as such my intentions, and from the outset was clear that I was asking for clarification from the devs. Of course I don't expect the devs to work for free; I have the greatest respect for Amplitude for actually having Alpha games that get regular content updates. My concern was that those of us who were unsure whether we would see value in the additional bonuses of the Founder pack end up paying more via the upgrade option than if we had stumbled blindly in, uncertain of whether or not this was a game we would enjoy.

As far as posting the question publicly, I feel that it was a big enough concern that those who may peruse the forum as guests or even those too shy to speak up for themselves may be wondering the same thing, hence my posting it in this thread. As the OP, and a significant contributor to all of Amplitudes projects, I have that right. The only thing I ask in return is a fair answer from the devs. Steph'nie, do you have any word on the pricing of the upgrade to pass along in regards to my question?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 25, 2014, 8:02:34 PM
leracos wrote:
I know what it is, thank you very much. I have no problems supporting the development, and intend to purchase the upgrade myself. I just want to know, from the *devs*, if there is a specific reason the upgrade ends up being priced higher than the Founder pack straight up (Or if it's another error on Valve's part). Stop making assumptions about my frame of mind. I was not complaining, I was simply asking for some clarification.

My guess is that it took some work to make it available to us and only a fool would work for free.

The fact that the founders pack is only for people who are interested in supporting the game and basically gives you nothing of true value, it was easy to assume such intentions of your "frame of mind" as you so put. Had you added the above details for the Devs, I might have assumed otherwise. My apologies still for my incorrect assumptions. Hope you enjoy the new founders pack smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 25, 2014, 3:51:40 PM
Your wording made his assumption rather reasonable.

If other people replying to your posts bothers you, I highly advise using PMs. That way only the intended recipient will be involved.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 25, 2014, 3:49:41 PM
Zigeye wrote:
The founders pack upgrade is only added on for people who missed out on getting it because of some hesitation about the game and will surely disappear when the game is released. You're paying an extra $0.73 with the 25% off. Who cares! If you don't want to support this game then don't buy it.

I know what it is, thank you very much. I have no problems supporting the development, and intend to purchase the upgrade myself. I just want to know, from the *devs*, if there is a specific reason the upgrade ends up being priced higher than the Founder pack straight up (Or if it's another error on Valve's part). Stop making assumptions about my frame of mind. I was not complaining, I was simply asking for some clarification.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 24, 2014, 6:21:39 PM
Zigeye wrote:
Not really sure how to add it into my achievements on this forum... but.... it's cool. I'm still happy smiley: biggrin

Never mind, there is an extra code to upload under CD Key on Steam, I just didn't look hard enough :P
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 24, 2014, 3:33:32 PM
Xumari wrote:
Great! I've purchased it! Thanks!! smiley: biggrin

I also purchased it! Much Thanks!
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 24, 2014, 6:59:31 AM
leracos wrote:
I have a concern regarding this. After checking the prices on the store page, and adding up the total costs, as of right now the Pixel Pack + Founder Upgrade costs more than buying Founder outright. Pixel + Upgrade is $21, whereas Founder outright is only $20. Would one of the devs care to share light on why this is?

The founders pack upgrade is only added on for people who missed out on getting it because of some hesitation about the game and will surely disappear when the game is released. You're paying an extra $0.73 with the 25% off. Who cares! If you don't want to support this game then don't buy it.

On a side note, thanks for allowing me to upgrade Amplitude, I'm happy to tip you some change for the privilege of being a founder of your amazing game! Not really sure how to add it into my achievements on this forum... but.... it's cool. I'm still happy smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 24, 2014, 6:37:01 AM
I have a concern regarding this. After checking the prices on the store page, and adding up the total costs, as of right now the Pixel Pack + Founder Upgrade costs more than buying Founder outright. Pixel + Upgrade is $21, whereas Founder outright is only $20. Would one of the devs care to share light on why this is?
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 21, 2014, 8:38:23 PM
SheidoQ wrote:
hi i bought the founder pack but where can i accept the cd key, or when the game release can i?

If you've brought the Founders pack, then it should install like any other Steam game. Most of the content should be available at release.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 21, 2014, 6:50:43 PM
hi i bought the founder pack but where can i accept the cd key, or when the game release can i?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 20, 2014, 9:42:04 PM
Ancalador wrote:
Great now i'm gonna be stalking Steam till they get their act together...

You and me both. They really need to sort out their releases of events like this. Screws the system over so many times...
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 20, 2014, 8:44:33 PM
Okay so end result is that we're waiting for Valve to fix things so those of us who want to can upgrade, and when we do we will get everything that is available to those who originally bought the Founder's Pack, but it will only be available until the game is officially released.

Great now i'm gonna be stalking Steam till they get their act together...
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 30, 2014, 5:59:22 AM
I'd like to bump up my contribution, and I'm wondering if devs have an answer for this yet. Thanks!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 20, 2014, 11:08:03 AM
Crystion wrote:
Wait so are the Vaulters not available with the upgrade?

They are.

What Steph said is that they have been available in ES for those people who have the Founders pack since the first day the Founder's pack existed. Unlike Josh 'Ntello who only became available this week.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 20, 2014, 10:46:58 AM
Steph'nie wrote:
The Vaulters, coupons and forum awards have been available since the very beginning. However, we promised the unique hero and ship, soundtrack for a bit later or for the real release (out of Alpha and Beta).

Wait so are the Vaulters not available with the upgrade?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 20, 2014, 9:04:11 AM
ok thanks! so we must wait and when valve make their job, the upgrade will be available.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment