Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

The G2G made hero...[Contains vote spoilers,so make your vote before you read this]

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
May 1, 2014, 10:11:07 PM
I really do think it isn't fair that the voting for race is really just split between human/ non-human and the human will win because the non human votes are split in half. I know people like say they just like the theme of the Sisters but I personally find them to be sorta generic female good guy warriors. I would rather have a Horatio(even though they are human) or automotan or Craver or literally any of the races from Endless legends besides the Delvers instead of the Sisters. I'm just annoyed because I voted Auriga native because I thought it would mean the character wouldn't be human...I wish instead of a Sister the third choice was a drider or something.

Or bright pink "female" silic :P
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 21, 2014, 8:53:18 PM
Hmm, yeah, I gotta stand by my opinion about Sisters of Mercy ._. I could still be wrong, but all of three character backgrounds sound like they could be done with any other human faction and that sisters of mercy is just what they will look like. I guess same could have applies to haunts and ettins though...*shrugs* Ah well, too late to lament about that now, I have to decide whether I want healer or fire mage to win. Healing would be awesome in this game, but the inner pyromanic inside all of us is telling me that fire mage should win...
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 5, 2014, 12:59:38 PM
melkathi wrote:
It is obvious you have trouble with reading comprehension...

How so? I know you basically said that its harder to make humans "interesting" because they are boring, but that implies inhuman characters are only interesting because they are inhuman smiley: stickouttongue

...Though you raise a very good point now that I check what the hell I actually wrote in previous post. I don't really have any idea what was going through in my head at the moment <_< Well, this sure is embarassing...
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 5, 2014, 12:51:06 PM
It is obvious you have trouble with reading comprehension...
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 5, 2014, 11:02:08 AM
Mysterarts wrote:
Hello,

Thanks for all the "passion" shared in this topic ^^

On Auriga, there were several humanoid races (not human!) before the time of DotE...

It was logical to suggest them to reflect the diversity of the planet smiley: wink (and considering the previous votes, it's a coherent choice).

But I understand your problem; you're right about the split created in the vote that we hadn't thought about.

Hopefully there will be another occasion to have a less human hero!

Sorry if I've sounded really angry in this thread ^_^; At least thats what I'm assuming "passion" to mean... But yeah, it'd be cool if there will be more voting later smiley: smile

melkathi wrote:
Ah don't worry about it. Going for inhuman looks is the easy way out to make a character interesting. Going with the "boring" human challenges the writers to to truly deliver in order to make the character stand out from the rest smiley: wink

Bah, you are just implying that humans can't care about non humans! Its not like we are inherently specieist or something!

Seriously though, Dungeon of the Endless isn't really character centric so I dunno what would be wrong with having the inhuman-ness be the interesting part about character. Besides, inhuman characters can be just as well written if not better than human ones, it depends on the writer.
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 5, 2014, 9:54:13 AM
Ah don't worry about it. Going for inhuman looks is the easy way out to make a character interesting. Going with the "boring" human challenges the writers to to truly deliver in order to make the character stand out from the rest smiley: wink
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 5, 2014, 9:35:30 AM
Hello,

Thanks for all the "passion" shared in this topic ^^

On Auriga, there were several humanoid races (not human!) before the time of DotE...

It was logical to suggest them to reflect the diversity of the planet smiley: wink (and considering the previous votes, it's a coherent choice).

But I understand your problem; you're right about the split created in the vote that we hadn't thought about.

Hopefully there will be another occasion to have a less human hero!
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 4, 2014, 10:06:53 PM
Wredniak2003 wrote:
Em... considering that this game tends to be rather humorous with names and creators fondness of puns I'm 100% sure if she will be cartographer she will certainly suck at her job. I almost can see her bio: "although she continues to be optimistic and full of good intentions she is yet to produce accurate map, one of her most famous mistakes is leading the entire expedition into "treasure site" that was actually a garbage dump, home of particularly vicious mutated ooze".

You made my day
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 4, 2014, 2:20:06 PM
I'm really disappointed a human was selected for this new character. We could have had a female ettin whose two heads argued with each other (we so rarely have monstrous female characters--I know Hikensha is female, but she isn't monstrous the way an Ettin is), but instead we have a pretty standard fantasy archetype: a mentally unstable chesty warrior-woman.
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 2, 2014, 4:09:46 PM
Laquantus wrote:
Well the broken lords were human before the dust transformed them into living armors , so i will dare to say that the vaulters ancestors aren't the only humans that got stranded in Auriga , there is the possibility that the sister are a branch of the pre-dustcurse broken lords that didn't like the way things were and decided to create their on philosophy etc...the possibilities are ENDLESS

Huh, didn't know they were human. I guess that was in manual or somewhere else?

Speaking of Endless... Am I wrong or do haunts look like Virtual Endless wearing masks and cloaks? At least the art of them, I don't know what they look like in game because of graphic card problem with Endless Legends.
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 2, 2014, 1:21:22 PM
ResonanceMask wrote:

Actually, thats a good question... Why the heck sisters count as auriga natives anyway? Isn't that kind of cheating considering that none of humans are native to auriga originally? And wait, this game takes place before Endless Legends, so... Are sisters of mercy just really human looking aliens or did humans get to Auriga BEFORE vaulters?

Well the broken lords were human before the dust transformed them into living armors , so i will dare to say that the vaulters ancestors aren't the only humans that got stranded in Auriga , there is the possibility that the sister are a branch of the pre-dustcurse broken lords that didn't like the way things were and decided to create their on philosophy etc...the possibilities are ENDLESS
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 2, 2014, 5:50:42 AM
TheWanderer wrote:
because, well, werewolves.

Funnily enough that is the reason I was not going to pick Ettin, whatever the other choices. I am sick and tired of werewoofs and vampires.
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 2, 2014, 5:50:09 AM
Rudest wrote:
Actually, Hikensha is nonhuman and female >.>

And it's not necessarily that I want more humans that I voted for Sisters of Mercy, I just genuinely like their theme the most.

Oh, good to know <_< I haven't gotten her in the game.

Well anyway, even if you voted them because of their theme, it doesn't mean everyone did. I mean, some people probably thought "meh, ettins/haunts, I'll vote sisters of mercy" because they just don't find non human player characters interesting for some reason. That or they really like corsets >_>

Laquantus wrote:
Yeah, when i voted for "auriga native " i was expecting a vote full of non-human races but instead we get "the sisterhood of busty humans" to attract most votes smiley: stickouttongue , i really hope the ettins or haunts win

because for the auriga native to be human will be kind of unexpected smiley: confused

Well..hope next time we get a non-human if the sisters win . smiley: cool

Actually, thats a good question... Why the heck sisters count as auriga natives anyway? Isn't that kind of cheating considering that none of humans are native to auriga originally? And wait, this game takes place before Endless Legends, so... Are sisters of mercy just really human looking aliens or did humans get to Auriga BEFORE vaulters?
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 2, 2014, 12:25:15 AM
Yeah, when i voted for "auriga native " i was expecting a vote full of non-human races but instead we get "the sisterhood of busty humans" to attract most votes smiley: stickouttongue , i really hope the ettins or haunts win

because for the auriga native to be human will be kind of unexpected smiley: confused

Well..hope next time we get a non-human if the sisters win . smiley: cool
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 2, 2014, 12:09:09 AM
I get what ResonanceMask is saying about the split. I personally looked through the three of them and excluded the Sisters of Mercy first, just because I thought it would be interesting to have another non-human character. After that, I was caught between the Haunt and Ettin. I eventually picked the Ettin because, well, werewolves. Still, it was very close for me. So, perhaps there is more of that going on here.
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 1, 2014, 11:42:44 PM
Preferably, I'd love it if the vote had the "demon" race (can't remember their name), with over-enthusiastic and gardener, because that's just awesome.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Apr 30, 2014, 9:40:07 PM
It erks me that noone wants to see her as an Ettin...That would be awesome! XD Like im not sure but i think skroig is the only non-human in the game(correct me if im wrong). And like...i dont even know alot about the races, the sisters may be a cool race but i'd love to see some diversity.
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 1, 2014, 7:08:54 PM
Actually, Hikensha is nonhuman and female >.>

And it's not necessarily that I want more humans that I voted for Sisters of Mercy, I just genuinely like their theme the most.
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 1, 2014, 6:57:33 PM
Why is every non human hero in the game male anyway? <_< Realized that when I realized how unusual female ettin or haunt hero would have been..

Realized also that poll might be bit uneven... I mean, everyone who wants of more unique auriga natives split their votes between haunts and ettins while everyone who wants more humans vote sister of mercy instead <_< The two other choices combined out votes sisters of mercy...
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 1, 2014, 8:48:26 AM
Still hoping for a Horatio hero.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment