Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[DotE] Games2Gether & Advanced Events [Competition Over]

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jan 14, 2014, 5:12:01 AM
I'm really glad to see my "Statue" idea getting some recognition smiley: smile I don't really mind at all who's ideas win the most votes, I think everyone's ideas are phenomenal! Now to hope my Multiplayer Co-Op idea gets put up for vote ;D
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 14, 2014, 11:25:52 AM
Bendercade wrote:
I'm really glad to see my "Statue" idea getting some recognition smiley: smile I don't really mind at all who's ideas win the most votes, I think everyone's ideas are phenomenal! Now to hope my Multiplayer Co-Op idea gets put up for vote ;D

I'm hoping that we get all ideas eventually anyway smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 14, 2014, 10:33:01 PM
melkathi wrote:

Yeah, I'd be really happy if everyone's ideas get implemented smiley: smile Everyone's ideas are fantastic.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 15, 2014, 10:19:05 AM
melkathi wrote:

Well, some of the ideas are very similar to each other, so we will unfortunately not be able to implement them all. And, that's why you need to choose where you'll cast your vote wisely. smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 16, 2014, 3:12:57 AM
In one of the G2G votes, there was a "Seismic Anomaly" suggested, gave me an idea.

So what if it instead caused a wall or walls (1-3, random) to open up a path to a room that couldn't be powered, a cave.

That cave could have anything in it, treasure, deadly creature/creatures, Special starting Hero that could only be found this way, path to outside that always spawns a wave, etc etc.

The cave could contribute to waves or just remain always empty depending on balance of the game.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 19, 2014, 10:32:42 PM
These are a bit based on the endless space anomalies.

----

Hostile dust, areas where this is active hurt your hero's. Alternatively x amount of dust is drained.

----

Alien plant infestation, plants mutated by dust have crept into the facility (or alternatively an experiment gone rogue). They provide fruits, can be positive or negative. Only one way to find out...

Hell Gords: Plants are aggressive and attack you, killing them gives a large amount of food.

------

Sophon expedition, a Sophon archaeological dig is encountered, are they friend or foe (foe, killing them gives equipment or an ancient artifact), friend (trading, protection or a part of the map is revealed.

------

Hissho hunting party, unless you have the hissho hero they will see you as prey, fight your way out. If friendly allows for trading.

-----

Proto-craver (can also be put in a stasis pod), the craver mad with hunger and loneliness attacks you, kill to gain unique item. (Or if science hero allows to reprogram him to join you).

------

Prototype Sower machine stands dormant, repair with science and industry(chance for it to join you or go beserk) or salvage for industry and science.

----

Pilgrim fanatic (a crashed pilgrim ship is protecting an endless device they see as sacred), help them repair it or fight them as they see your group as heretics. (Room for interaction with a pilgrim hero).

------

Portal to another world. Leads to another level or a random place in the current level (can be one or two-way).

------

Shameless Dr. Who reference, you encounter a blue box and it disappears leaving behind a small amount of dust.

------

Endless hero in stasis pod, pay x amount of dust for an endless survivor (gives bonuses in exploration and/or dust mechanics).
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 20, 2014, 12:37:34 PM
These idea's are all excellent! and could lead to some scary possibilities :P

Some of my quick idea's based on my experience and thoughts -

1- Welding doors - A mechanic type character skill - character can stay in a powered room and can continually hold a door closed stopping mobs as long as the character remains in action (and vulnerable)

>the idea - Allows other characters to clear different waves in other sections of the dungeons and allow for adequate travel time to give backup to the mechanic character when the door breaks.

>> Could allow for more adaptation and control when opening a large dead end branch with low economy and being forced to branch out to new area's from the crystal point.

>>>balance - It could cost industry points for each weld point and the durability would be dependent on the character skill level.

2- Turret classes / upgrades to the same tech point for a reduced industry cost so long as the turret is of the same family.

> other TD games use a similar mechanic. In DotE right now you have to demolish a point and rebuild, which is understandable and of course would stay the same if you wanted a different turret. Maybe being able to go from low damage lasers, to tesla's, to high damage? and then alternatively ballistic class turrets, etc. I'm mentioning this now but I'm sure turret upgrades is something that has already been discussed.

3- Allow characters to use other similar weapon classes at a penalty. (keeping melee and ranged separate of course)

For example allow Gork to use pistol type weapons, at a penalty to the weapon statistics. As more items and loot is introduced to the game, it might allow for more versatility in early floors for characters. On multiple playthroughs I've had level 5 characters like Opbot that never was able to get a weapon for his class. No merchants and no loot for him.

4- Junk item utilization- combining the same item for a better version of both (maybe at the cost of industry?)

> Maybe have a tech point with the sole purpose of manipulation of items?

>> perhaps have a character skill required?

I'm sure many of these are already discussed, but these are just a few things that came off the top of my head.

smiley: smile

5-
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 22, 2013, 7:09:37 PM
Oh, oh!

Cryo Capsule: You find an ancient cryo capsule. Power it up for:

• Food - 10% chance
  • Friendly to add to party - 30% chance
  • Boss Level Monster - 60% chance
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 19, 2013, 4:05:57 PM
How about meeting a random, insane survivor of the Dungeon? Someone who runs away from the player (opening a random door and making it spawn whatever it would randomly spawn anyway... or perhaps towards the player's defenses, getting zapped by the defenses?) and if the player so chooses he can either kill them (after tracking the survivor down) or try to negotiate something. Option number two could grant the player a new party member (with a chance of turning on the player after a while perhaps), some resources (the survivor "bribing" the player to leave him alone) or an item. Or the survivor could just go all "I WANTZ TO KILLZ YOU!!1111111111".

Other events... doppelgangers or mimics could be nice I guess. Like, a fake merchant and a chest that's not really a chest but a monster. Or how about a weird portal that could simply transport the hero who opened the door to a random room on the level? That would be fun (and frustrating at times).

And I would probably would like to see some sort of a power shutdown for one turn (if not global then a few rooms at least). Would make things exciting.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 19, 2013, 4:40:35 PM
hmmm, I have quite a few I think would be cool. Im not sure how practical each one is, but I'll think aloud anyways.

1) Not exactly a random event, but more like randomness in the "New Hero" random event. Currently you just pay food to recruit, but I think it would be kinda cool if different character types required different ways to be recruited. IE, a warlike player might require a hero to beat him one on one, a scientific hero might require science points, etc. Since a warlike hero would want to make sure he/she was joining a team that could fight for themselves and such.

2) Not just blueprints but perhaps structures that you have to analyze with the appropriate character in order to build it yourself. Instead of the plan simply falling into your lap without much effort.

3) Interactive events would be cool too. Like a special door that you could choose to either destroy to get past or analyze it to unlock it, with each decision having its own respective consequences.

4) EMP pulses that knock out power to nearby rooms, or triggered geothermal pulses that may collapse a hallway's roof, etc.

5) Lastly, this one is a long shot, but very rarely the door might close and lock behind the hero, and depending on the door and hero, he would have to find a means of escape. This could result in a sub-story of the hero getting back to the team. <
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 19, 2013, 5:14:22 PM
1) Ancient altar - sacrifice a hero to receive extra bonus (ancient weapon, technology etc...)

2) Computer terminal - hack (need skill) or pay resources to receive passive bonus (you can choose) for your modules (extra damage, life etc) on this level.

3) Broken drone - fix it (need skill) and it will help you on this level.

4) Parasite - after entering room 1 random hero will be infected by an alien parasite. You need to find cure for X turns (random room or buy from merchant or spend some food). Say hello to little Alien if you fail to find a cure. Your hero will die and new enemy will born smiley: smile

5) Paralyze gas - first entered into room hero will paralyze for next X (i think 2) turns. Enemies will ignore this hero.

6) Survivor - feed him and he will open secret room

7) Some rooms have Alien Symbols. One room will have special "puzzle" on the floor - match all symbols from this level to open secret room with treasures!

8) (Christmas event!) Alien Santa - were you good enough last year? Santa will appear from ventilation system and give you cool present! smiley: smile

9) Cryo Capsule - you founded cryo capsule in the room with your crew member. Power up this room (or bring crystal here) and awaken hero will join your team.

10) Abandoned Research Lab - power up this room (or bring crystal here) and wait some time to extract information about mysterious alien race. You need to find more abandoned research labs to extract 100% information. After that you will unlock new alien hero and new alien race in Endless Space! smiley: redface
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 19, 2013, 9:04:41 PM
If it's about proposing events:

Facility Lockdown - An ancient Interlocksystem has been triggered. All doors to unpowered rooms get locked, again, until you reach room x and disable the goddamn alarm. Then all rooms open at once (and unleash what has accumulated inside them, all at once...)

Edit: Room X, to keep it simple, could be the exit. You have the options to either reunite your heroes with the crystal, or to search for the exit, fast. Whichever you deem less risky.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 19, 2013, 10:27:25 PM
I like this "ancient alter" and the "parasite" idea from fill87omsk. Did anybody ever play the game Crypt on gamesdomain.com? That is why I love this game so much!

-Add a secondary objective such as rounding up misc pieces of a weapon that will better help you defend against the waves or perhaps upgrade your power grid in some way.

-Monsters sometimes drop loots instead of just dust all the time.

-Turrets should be upgrade-able at a reduced cost if you have the appropriate blueprints. I personally do not like destroying anything to build a better one. Upgrade is the way to go!

-Raise the hero level cap to atleast 10, and make the monsters drop XP.

-Dust production module-- I think it goes without saying that the dust production would have to be carefully tweaked so as to not create a super effective strategy.

-I would also like to see another characteristic to counter act "wit". When you leave a hero in a room with a production module, you get a small bonus to production for that hero, as do you with the food modules. I'd like to see heros that have a lower wit perhaps have a higher "food module" efficiency.

-The ability to close doors at a cost of production, so you can create a "bottleneck".

As for random event suggestions, I'm going to smoke a doobie, then come back and brainstorm in this little white box by myself. -- Brb. --Okay sooo

-Instead of having to purchase all extra heros with food, you open a door and find a hero fighting some monsters. If you help him defeat the monsters in a timely manner, he joins your party out of gratitude! Perhaps he is already lvl 2 and has some happy pills or something? hah!

-You open a door and find alien eggs... LOTS OF EGGS. The eggs hatch in such a timely manner that it is a nuisance and time consuming to defeat, -or- Perhaps the eggs last for 4 or 5 turns spawning several little brain hungry aliens every turn until expiry. The hero can camp in that room and it decreases the amount of mobs spawned. Rewards are minimal.

-You open a door to a mob of monsters that require 2 heroes to defeat. I'm thinking like a little head crab from Half-life. If you proceed with only 1 hero, the headcrab will overtake your hero and a countdown will follow unless your hero is a higher level than the headcrab. Headcrabs should be lvl 3-5 I think. You must rush a second hero (or simply be ready to clear the room with 2 heros) to successfully clear the room. On the other hand... if you lose your hero to the headcrab, he is converted into either a generic mob... or perhaps you could get creative with an "anti-hero". As long as there is a second hero quick reaction, defeating the headcrab is no problem.

-Oh ... how about this!!!! You open a door... and there is already a module built? HA. Random of course.

-You open a door and find a chest... only this chest is locked. Keys and other misc items can be found as you explore. I think potions could make a nice addition to the game as well.

-- I want to build on gas room idea as well. 5) Paralyze gas - first entered into room hero will paralyze for next X (i think 2) turns. Enemies will ignore this hero.

*You open a door which triggers gas in that room. The gas fills the room you just opened and starts rolling into each connected compartment. The hero must scramble to get to a powered room because the filtration system is only active if the room is powered. The gas rolls into each compartment until all connected/un-powered rooms are full, then the gas lingers for 10 seconds, and dissipates. The journey continues.

I'll keep posting ideas as they come to me. For now, its time to eat cheetos.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 19, 2013, 11:07:46 PM
Ancient Defenses

Rooms with traps. Some avoidable, some unavoidable. Unavoidable traps may cause status effects or <100% damage. Avoidable traps could potentially be immediately lethal. smiley: detection could be a character skill.

Hackable Defenses

I think it would be nice to have rooms with ancient traps that could be re-purposed for the the player's benefit at some cost.

In order to make them distinct from player-built defenses they would cause significantly more damage to enemies (or have unique effects) but also cost significantly more. Perhaps an additional 10 smiley: dust on the room in question?

This would also need to be a skill unlocked with science points, I think.

Locked Doors

v1: The exit from the room is locked. Entering a room with a locked door automatically pre-generates a room somewhere else in which a computer terminal which opens the door is located. This room would not generate if there are no unopened doors left that are not behind the locked door itself.

v2: The exit from the room is locked and must be hacked or breached. Opening the door takes time based on character skill and monster waves are generated until the door is opened.

Power Surge

Opening the room causes a power surge that sends a chain reaction back down the line or powered rooms, quickly shutting them down in sequence. You must return a character to the crystal to turn the lights back on. Monster waves are spawned until power is returned.

Ancient Knowledge

You find recorded data (with flavor text!) that immediately adds experience or science to your party.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 19, 2013, 11:35:24 PM
I think most applicable ideas have been given already for good events, will just give my take anyway; My ideas come from thinking about what prisoner survivors would do in such a situation as being stranded and no idea where to go or what to do, and the dangers a burnt husk of a ship might bring. I'm a firm believer that where ever there is a "1", there should be a "-1" so they all come with counter events.

NB: I've also assumed keys will be required at some point.

Civilisation(or lack of)

-Prisoner survivors have been snorting too much dust and have such, gone berserk, attacking everything with the strength and health roughly equal to 3 crystal giants * Floor level.

-Prisoner survivors have begun trying to build a life inside the ship, opening one door reveals 5 or 6 rooms with already built modules (inaccessible to the player) and a few interactive NPC's, allowing a trade market for resources, looted items, maybe even a chance to train under a great master with the appropriate weapons boosting a few stats.

Impact(or not)

-Some rooms are destroyed, and will suck the hero entering the room into the planet's atmosphere, killing him (or them) instantly.

-Some rooms have been perfectly preserved, requiring no dust to power them up.

The evil that men did (or didn't)

-A trip switch triggers under the chest, causing an air lock to close, instantly killing the hero unless they are of cyborg (or avian) background. Those that survive require another hero to open the door from the other side.

-Hidden passages leading to treasures collected by treasure hunters, unfortunately they put food in there too making it a great space for monsters to breed. The longer a level goes on (doors opened) the more creatures hiding in there.

-Cha-Ching! Some excelled theoretical scientist must have passed through this room and fiddled about with the module control panels, +100% production bonus in the room.

-Ah Crap! Some excelled bio-scientist must have come down with megalomania and engineered a super creature. Spawns 1 random creature in the room, 2x the size and 5x the strength as their regular counter-part.

Loneliness (or companionship)

-Do you feel that? Loneliness.. it feels soothing yet my brain tears at the very core. Insanity settles in when you least expect it, the hero drops out of the party and runs off wildly, attacking everything in their wake, and needing to be recruited again.

-Some heroes just work well as a team, giving a bonus to the whole party for such a great symbiosis!

Cryonics (or time travel)

-Seems all this energy has caused strange side effects on pockets of space and time, the hero entering the room is technically no longer a part of the continuum and is unable to take damage the rest of the level (similarly he will not be targeted, seems the creatures don't recognise their existence).

-Seems all this energy has caused strange side effects on pockets of space and time, stepping out of the continuum has caused your fabric to melt and you are reborn as if you were a child, all stats reduced by 80% for the rest of the level.

-Seems all this energy has caused strange side effect on pockets of space and time, the hero entering the room caused a dilation setting the whole party back exactly 10 minutes to where they were before. If it was on another level then they remain on the level they were but everything is reset. Although, as a bonus they receive hindsight as all the rooms are the same as before. Making it possible, if a huge error is made, to run back to that room and undo your mistakes.

-Seems all this energy has caused strange side effects on pockets of space and time, 10 minutes forward in time sees 15 doors opened and all the hell released from it, 15 waves incoming.. better be ready!

Tower Defence (or Offence)

-Your party failed to identify the virus within the computer systems of this room, those 5 turrets you just built? Well they belong to a computer hacker somewhere on the level above, and he doesn't want you to prevail. Take cover! (In the case of building hero or monster modules such as healing, or slow; the opposite effect will begin to occur)

-Wow! Someone from the floor below really appreciated your clean up job of the monsters. +50% effectiveness for all towers.

Tools(or absence of one)

-What's this weird, pointed object? And why does it release out like a scared spider when I push this button? It's been inscribed with the letters "S.O.N.I.C Screwdriver", wonder what it does? (10 uses before losing it down a drain somewhere)

-Damn it! Electromagnets stole all my keys, not even powering down the rooms releases them. Woe is I.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 20, 2013, 3:21:39 AM
6) Survivor - feed him and he will open secret room

7) Some rooms have Alien Symbols. One room will have special "puzzle" on the floor - match all symbols from this level to open secret room with treasures!

8) (Christmas event!) Alien Santa - were you good enough last year? Santa will appear from ventilation system and give you cool present! smiley: smile

(also updated my first post)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 20, 2013, 4:49:25 PM
I love the Locked/Sealed Door idea, I think that you could use a welder (skill/item) to unseal the door, which would take some time, on that moment hordes may come to stop you!!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 21, 2013, 9:33:04 AM
I've definitely put my vote behind advanced events. It'd be interesting to see events that are based on the player's previous decisions (ie. If they follow a 'one entry one exit' strategy of room opening, an event that breaks that. Or a player that hordes a particular resource is faced with a decision to pay a high price or suffer an equivalent penalty etc.), though I appreciate that this may be more difficult to implement than the time frame allows.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 21, 2013, 7:15:57 PM
Serious events(like omg its a massive cyclops that finds private parts delicious and doesn't care to kill first.... >.>).

Funny Events, omg its a cyclops that wants to eat my, Oh he is too big to fit through the door, i'll do some hit and ru... OMG! HE SMASHED THROUGH THE FRAME AND IS VERY ANGRY.. and hungry. *shrug* lol.

Boss like events would be interesting, or actual deadly boss like creatures. Depending on difficulty they either chase you or remain in the room and leave it up to the player to risk it for the possibly rewards.

Run into non-locals of the planet, a team of pirates. Either they're exploring, or have a base which could be a single room or several rooms that you must clear as it adds another wave to waves(or a whole wave of pirates which is deadlier then the creatures).

Almost same as the pirate is you could run into a team like relic hunters whom want what you got. (just a team thoe).

Bad Luck: Tunnels, to small and dangerous for the heroes. These tunnels lead to a nest which adds another wave to waves, after a couple of waves the queen comes out and waves continue to keep coming. Once the queen is defeated waves stop, tunnel room is all silent(no more creatures will be coming). Nice reward chance from Queen.

Bad Luck: Bad guys got your homie, pay 1/4 your dust(or even all the way up to 100%) or he/she gets executed. The first person to open the door get nabbed. Player could have 45 secs to decide, the room is filled with enemy traps(until the event is over). If you pay, you have 15 secs to attack then and reclaim Dust. Obviously attacking is incredibly risky with a room filled of enemy floor mechanics, depending on floor for what possibly traps and how deadly these pirate guys(# of enemies, gear/stats on each).

Find labs which can allow you to alter/add an effect to your devices, slows, burn, freeze, etc etc.

Armory which can take an item and add an effect to an item, or upgrade the quality, etc.

Ship Relics, some item that gives you another option on whatever starting bonuses there are, maybe secret characters... with very cool weapons (energy blades, guns with some serious power glows). ETC

Open a room and find the Dev team, the room then changes into a random event... a bad one like some sort of ultra-omega-dragon-black-darkness-blood-hell-god boss.(random chance to respawn the dev team and eat them and vanishes away).
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 22, 2013, 4:31:43 PM
9) Cryo Capsule - you founded cryo capsule in the room with your crew member. Power up this room (or bring crystal here) and awaken hero will join your team.

(also updated my first post)
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment