Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[G2G] Creation Contest - Monster Edition [Part 1: Gameplay]

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Nov 14, 2014, 3:23:10 PM
Lynx_gnt wrote:
I can be wrong, but i think there was a post from devs, where they said that Ardent Mages race didn't exist during DotE events.

I think you are right. We know some factions didn't exist yet and the Ardent Mages are one of the younger ones, so it would make sense.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 16, 2014, 1:47:57 AM
Code Name : Auriga's Viper

Behaviour : run after heroes to bite their asses, if bitten the hero is poisoned and will lose HP every second. Standing in a room with autodoc shards will cancel the poison.

Stats :

HP max : 1

Defense : 1

Movement speed : 4

DPS : "if poisoned" between 10 and 20 HP per seconds

Attack Range : melee

Rational : Idea is to get a weak but annoying monster. Because of the fast pace of this snake, the running hero has a lot of chances to get bitten / poisoned. It will also force the player to place autodoc shards at strategic places. This mob shouldn't appear in the first floors to let players having a chance to research autodoc shards, maybe poison damage could be progressive, depending on the floor.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 15, 2014, 4:31:50 PM
Donern wrote:
Code name:: The mob

Behaviour: All alone this monster is weak, but they attack in a huge crowd and they will destroy anything that's in their way. They are like locus swarm.

Priority target: They beat up the nearest target, alive or just a module.

Stats:

HP max: 1

Defence 1

Movement Speed: 3

DPS: 1

Attack Range: 1

Rational: It's difficult to rate those, because they don't really habe a priority target, they just want to destroy everything.

Greetings

Donern smiley: biggrin

I like the idea of monsters attacking the nearest anything. Good post! Hope this is one of the three winners. smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 15, 2014, 12:41:26 PM
Well, I made a small blog post with at elast a list of the people we know to exist at this time. Maybe that will help some people with ideas for the second phase.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 15, 2014, 12:08:02 PM
Lynx_gnt wrote:
I can be wrong, but i think there was a post from devs, where they said that Ardent Mages race didn't exist during DotE events.

Yup, I do remember something like this. I took a wild shot though... I would love more Endless Legend lore in Dungeon, and vice versa!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 15, 2014, 11:18:13 AM
Code name:: The mob

Behaviour: All alone this monster is weak, but they attack in a huge crowd and they will destroy anything that's in their way. They are like a locus swarm.

Priority target: They beat up the nearest target, alive or just a module.

Stats:

Defence 1

Rational: It's difficult to rate those, because they don't really habe a priority target, they just want to destroy everything.

Greetings

Donern smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 15, 2014, 7:42:07 AM
Think_Blindly wrote:
Might be wrong, but it does seem the game is taking place after the war/before the planet became livable again. Makes sense that the drakken are around (kreyeng) and the bird woman whose name and race escape me. Mizi and Joleri make it confusing though. Mizi is technically a sister of mercy, if the creation process is still accurate, and Joleri is totally a broken lord.

Yes, i know about this. But also we have this information:

Mysterarts wrote:
Our universe has a timeline, each of the EL factions does not exist at the time DotE is taking place smiley: wink

And there are already several enemies and heroes connections between the 3 games...
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 15, 2014, 3:51:52 AM
Lynx_gnt wrote:

Might be wrong, but it does seem the game is taking place after the war/before the planet became livable again. Makes sense that the drakken are around (kreyeng) and the bird woman whose name and race escape me. Mizi and Joleri make it confusing though. Mizi is technically a sister of mercy, if the creation process is still accurate, and Joleri is totally a broken lord.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 14, 2014, 3:56:00 PM
code name : toxic

behavior: can slow down hero by spitting on them whith acide/ attack with group

stat

hp max: 3

defense: 1

dps : 2

mouvement speed : 3

attack range : 3

rational : they can almost stop hero if ther touch too many time

code name : vampire

behavior: can steal life by hitting hero

stat

hp max: 4

defense: 3

dps : 3

mouvement speed : 2

attack range : 1

rational : they get one hp by hit they can be hard to kill when there are in groupe

both of my ennemi are focus on the heros and sorry if there fault im french so english is not my firtst langage
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 14, 2014, 3:30:16 PM
Code name: Blob

Behaviour: heads for crystal, debuffs minor modules in the room it is in en route to crystal.

Stats:

HP max: 4

Defence: 2

Rational: The idea behind this would be a blob-like creature which rolls along in the dungeon, heading to attack the crystal. In the rooms it is in, however, it debuffs and minor modules which are operating (whatever it is made of clogs up the machinery?). Often times in dungeons, I rely on lines of modules doing work defending a certain path, and to have mobs which not only attack the modules, but force the player to move heroes around to prevent losing tons of defenses because they become debuffed (a la tear gas type of debuff perhaps) would be interesting. Not entirely sure how strong/fast to make it, however. Would be nice to have something tanky that could survive from room to room while other monsters it accompanies can then beat down on minor modules or advance further towards the crystal. Doesn't necessarily do much damage, so much as enable more monsters past your defenses/lets certain monsters do much more damage to minor modules.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 16, 2014, 3:39:50 AM
So, I've seen a couple suggestions like this one, but I figured I'd add my take into the pot.

Code name: Breaker Box

Behaviour: Acts as a mobile EMP.

Priority target (if relevant): Major Modules, Crystal

Special gameplay: The Breaker Box, immediately upon entering a room, disables all modules- essentially an EMP. Any room without a major module will get passed through, but the EMP will last until round end- or, possibly, as long as a normal EMP, though that could quickly get out of hand. Once it finds a target (Major Module or Crystal) it will begin to dismantle it.

Stats (set a number between 1 to 4 for each property):

HP max: 2

Defense: 2

Movement Speed: 1

Attack Range: 2

Rational: One of the things I most hate hearing when I have my defenses set up is that power-down sound of a released EMP. Sure enough, more often than not, at least one of my defensive arrays has been shut down. The idea here is to give that crippling feeling of powerlessness- literally- more frequently and much more dangerously than a random event.

For one, the targeting mechanics of the enemy ensure that it will ignore- but still disable- static exterior defenses that aren't immediately around a Major Module. It opens the defense up to minor module destroyers, and makes you have to keep a hero nearby to respond and eliminate the Breaker Box. It is slow, and relatively flimsy, making such a feat doable before it leaves the first room, provided someone is nearby.

It also means a team relying largely on modules is going to have a rough time- conversely, hero based teams will have little more difficulty. If the EMP effect lasts beyond the round, though, that's a mighty incentive with a hero-based team to keep them away from your precious modules and keep productivity up.

Code name: Endless Anti-Personnel Defense Array

Behaviour: Chance of existing, and possibly spreading native defenses.

Priority target (if relevant): Crystal Carrier, Heroes

Special gameplay: Taking some cues from others before me, the idea behind this is that there is a chance- upon opening a door- that you encounter existing Endless equipment. Of course, it's going to be hostile towards you, more likely than not. These will be Minor Modules, either Attack of Defense type, that act against the intruding Heroes.

The defenses will always be at your tech level, but rare enough that it comes as a brutal surprise that you walk into a trap. There are two upsides; One, the room comes pre-powered. Two, there is a very rare (on top of the rarity of the spawn itself, and the possibility of there being a major slot present), that a Major Module will spawn in the room as well, and incapable of defending itself, will begrudgingly work for your party free of charge! Albeit, again, at your existing tech level (meaning that if you have no Major Modules researched, 0% chance of getting one.)

The last idea behind this is the capability of them spawning per wave- as if an ancient Endless intelligence is retroactively replacing defenses in certain areas, or taking over defenses. This would have to be in 'mysteriously powered' rooms only, and again be fairly rare.

Defense: 3

Movement Speed: 0

DPS: Varies

Attack Range: 4

Rational: I think it would be interesting to find some more interactive remnants of the former inhabitants of the facility. The idea of a self-powered room being both incredibly useful (Yay, spare Dust!) and a sound that might mean you need to be alert (Oh god Mizi's getting killed all the sudden) appeals to me.

Aside from that though, if that bonus room might suddenly turn against you, it lessens the overall benefit of it- you need to stay on your toes and maybe just glance in that gift horse's mouth a little bit.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 14, 2014, 3:21:18 PM
EzekielMoerdyk wrote:

Codename: Renegade Ardent Mage

0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 14, 2014, 2:39:16 PM
Code name: Phazer Kamikaze

Behaviour:

Priority target: lit room with the most minor modules installed (within a certain range)

When it enters its targeted room, it explodes without dealing any damage but casts an EMP preventing modules from functionning till the wave is cleared.

Stats:

HP max = 2

Defence = 3

Movement Speed = 3

DPS = 0

Attack Range = 0

Rational:

Phazer Kamikaze is a mob to "learn" : when its pattern is identified, it will become less a threat. Fortunately, the player will encounter it on the fewer levels, when EMPs doesn't do much. Around mid-game though, the Phazer becomes a silent killer in diguise able to shutdown your most powered room for the horde following him to past through without injury. Only followed by the faster foes, the Phazer offers also a bit of support to them by taking a few hits for them.

Code name: Scratcher

Behaviour:

Priority target: Crystal or Crystal Bearer

The Scratcher is immune to any kind of speed reduction (i.e. Golgy's Webslinger, "combat" speed debuff).

Stats:

HP max = 2

Defence = 1

Movement Speed = 2 (+3 when the Crystal is lifted)

DPS = 2

Attack Range = melee

Rational:

A lot of the tension in DoTE appears when you're taking the Crystal to the next floor. But I found myself several times tricking the game by selecting my fastest hero and just bring the rest to the exit, and watch the mad dash occuring without any input (either because it feels useless or suicidal to manage other roles during this phase). My goal with the Scratcher is to prevent this feeling and generate a bit of player input into this phase : cover/heal more frequently the Crystal bearer, making the Crystal bearer not a speed-type hero but a tank-type hero capable to fend off hits during the chase to the elevator while another speed/dps-focused hero is taking care of clearing the mobs. The Scratcher will toe anyone carrying the crystal and force the player to react.

Code name: Poison Spitter

Behaviour:

Priority target: Heroes

When this creature dies, release a cloud of toxic gas in the room for 2 doors.

Poison Spitter must be on the last half of targeting selection (maybe just before Silic Crystal).

Stats:

HP max = 2

Defence = 2

Movement Speed = 1

DPS = 3

Attack Range = 4

Rational:

I found the pace of fights in DoTE very tied to the numbers of enemies to deal with : "only 3 or 4 normal dudes ? I let my team deal with them, I'm looking at the map right now, planning my next move" or "ZOMG, there's a billion stuff, healz, healz, skill, move to another room, let him die, sob". With the Poison Spitter, I want to give interest to the skirmiches that occur on the first levels by letting the player make a decision: where do you kill the Spitter? In a room far away from your modules, when the gas does not bother you too much? Perhaps you let him come to your room as you're dealing with a ton of mobs, but you actually lure him to another room closer to the Crystal where you're sure the gas won't harm you? This interest and decision-making capacity is conserved on later stages too, as the speed reduction implies to fortify the path to the Crystal because your heroes won't be able to match the fastest enemies.

Very good ideas from other participants, it will be hard to choose ! smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 14, 2014, 12:45:28 PM
Codename: Endless Dust Robot

Behaviour:

...Priority Target: Minor Modules

...Special Gameplay: Powers the room it is in

Stats:

HP Max: 4

Movement Speed 1:

Rational: A "positive" monster which powers the room it is currently in. Spawns mostly on later floors, when dust is scarce. Players might have to unpower rooms with turrents already built in order to power a different room, hoping that one of these might spawn which will activate the defences. Also provides vision (through powering a room) which can give the player some information.

Codename: Magpie

Behaviour:

...Priority Target: Crystal

...Special Gameplay: Slight chance to drop an artifact upon death.

Stats:

HP Max: 4

Defense: 3

Movement speed: 2

DPS: 2

Rationale: Another "positive" monster, with a very slight chance to drop an artefact upon death. The lucky bastard probably found an artefact on another floor, and it likes all the shiny things!

Codename: Renegade Ardent Mage

Behaviour:

...Priority target: Anti Module

...Special Gameplay: Sacrifices himself to drop a pillar (aka Endless Legend) in a room, which provides a buff (either +ATK or + movement speed) to other mobs. The pillars can be attacked and destroyed, but collapses automatically at the end of the wave.

Stats:

HP Max: 1

Defense: 1

Speed: 3

Rationale: I don't know if the Ardent Mages are too native to Auriga, or are already present when the pod hits, but regardless, this Pain Mage provides a standing buff to other mobs (which is different to mobs providing active buffs).
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 14, 2014, 9:36:22 AM
Quite new to the game, not sure if there's anything like that already there or if it fits in the overall of the game (still on the very early dungeons)

Code Name: Virus

Behaviour:

Priority target: minor modules

Small swarms of this cybernetic parasite will roam the dungeon searching for powered rooms with minor modules. When a powered room with minor modules is found by the swarm they will try to reach one (all swarm members target same module) of the modules and infect it. The infection requires a small amount of time to succed but while a module is being attacked it goes "offline". Infected moudules go online again but are now against the players: an infected module will aim palyers > major modules > minor modules in the room it is located. If the room has just the infected module it will leech the room power at a medium rate and once the room is dark destroy the host module and spawn a new Virus swarm to seek new rooms to target. Infected modules should be targetable by players and other modules just as if they were formal monsters.

Stats:

DPS: Not applicable, sole attack is infection

Attack Range: Not aplicable, sole attack is infection

Rational: Those should be somewhat low impact monsters on a well defensed dungeon and would normally be fully slain before getting to effectively infect a module or just afeter doing it, but in poor designed defenses or special circumstances (major confluence of several swarms of those and/or other monsters) they sure could be quite annoying.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 14, 2014, 7:10:31 AM
Idea 1:

Codename: Ghost of the fallen (generated from killed monsters)

Behaviour: attacks crystal: skill (mini teleport) :O .. .. :O .. ..:O .. this mobs dash defences quicker than regular monsters

Type: anti crystal

Targeting: Crystal

Stats:

HP: 1

Move: 3

Range: 1

Spawn limit: 3 per room

Notes: When monsters get killed by heroes, the ghost respawn in same location and moves straight to the crystal.. mini teleporting itself.

---------------------------------------------------------

Idea 2:

Codename: Mud

Behaviour: attacks major modules with splash dmg (hitting the mud slows heroes in the same room)

Type: anti module

Target Priority: Major Module > Crystal > Hero Carrying Crystal > Artefact

Stats:

HP: 3

Movement: 3

Notes: Is a support/tanky class with mass slow when hit. This effect on heroes will make harder to switch between room when they have low hp..

---------------------------------------------------------

Idea 3:

Codename: Frost Bite (range monster)

Behaviour: shots ice shards, that micro freeze heroes by 0.5 sec… if the hero gets hit 3 times in same room he will be frozen 2 second (cannot be attacked, but cannot move)

Type: anti hero

Target Priority: Ranged hero > Melee Hero > Crystal

Stats:

HP: 2

Movement: 2

Range: 4

Notes: this is simple, a ice ghost + chill touch..that freezes hero on hit.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 14, 2014, 6:51:03 AM
Code name: Mirrorshield

Behaviour: anti-hero, support "dps" monsters.

Priority target (if relevant): heroes, crystal, minor modules, major modules

Special gameplay: upon entering room with heroes it apply (once) a taunt on them, forcing to attack Mirrorshield. Has weak attack by itself, but reflect X% amount of damage back to attackers. Heroes can break taunt by simply leaving room and returning back (optional).

HP max 4

Defence 4

Movement Speed 2

DPS 1

Attack Range 1

Rational: can provide protection to "attack" monsters, also damage reflect can counter high dps heroes and possibly increase game difficulty.

-------------------------------

Code name: Mesmer

Behaviour: support "dps" monsters.

Priority target (if relevant): heroes, crystal, minor modules, major modules

Special gameplay: upon entering room create mirror image of most "tough" monster present, mirror image does no or little damage, recieve more damage and move slowly. Mesmer create new image every X seconds.

HP max 2

Defence 2

Movement Speed 2

DPS 3

Attack Range 3

Rational: can provide protection to "attack" monsters, forcing then to spent time to destroy mirror images.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 13, 2014, 11:15:58 PM
Code name: Dust Anomaly

Behavior:

Sits in a unpowered room for a a short duration of time, then disappears (a ping is shown, similar to the door opener, which room the Dust Anomaly is hiding). If slain by the player, gives a flat bonus to smiley: dust. Also, while the anomaly exists, all mobs have increased defense.

Stats

HP max: 2-3

Defense: 4

Movement Speed: 1

Attack Range: 4

Rationale: Risk and reward. Players usually fall back to well defended positions after each door open, sitting out in these rooms for the rest of the mob wave. This creature is supposed to draw the player out. Can you kill the Dust Anomaly in time to defend? Before your hero gets killed? The armor buff is just to increase the urgency of killing the Dust Anomaly.

Codename: Eldritch Abomination

Behavior:

The mere presence of the Eldritch Abomination drives people insane. One or two of the abilities of each hero gets disabled for as long as an Eldritch Abomination exists. Meaning, if 5 Eldritch Abominations spawn, that doesn't mean 5 or 10 abilities for each hero get disabled (which is impossible), it just means so long as one of them remains alive, one or two abilities for each hero gets disabled.

Stats:

Movement Speed: 2

Rationale: Plans are well and fine, until an Eldritch Abomination messes them up. Does your Plan B rely on an arm-chair general? Well, better have a Plan C ready.

Codename: ???
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 13, 2014, 10:25:06 PM
The hard part is to get chosen by the devs. Which I guess means having guessed what they are looking for. Then the hard part is to get voted for :P
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 13, 2014, 9:31:10 PM
Code name: Snoozebeast

Behavior:

Attack priority : Minor modules > Heroes > Major modules > Crystal

On death, it'll impose a debuff to one of the heroes or minor modules in the room that'll reduce their attack speed until the next door gets opened. Debuff doesn't stack with itself.

Stats

Movement Speed: 2

Rationale: A monster that can prove quite annoying while still allowing many strategies to get rid of them efficiently

Code name: Charlatan

Behavior:

Attack priority : Heroes > Minor modules > Major modules > Crystal

Lures the heroes' or modules' (if no players are present) attacks to itself. Hides under an holographic version of a bigger monster.

Stats

HP max: 3

Rationale: Draws fire to himself to keep the other monsters safe for a time. Not too resistant to avoid being a big annoyance.
0Send private message
Comment