Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Save issue since the [1.0.40] update

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Jan 23, 2015, 9:37:23 AM
Hello,

Since the 1.0.40 update, some of you have experienced issues with their old saves. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience and might have found a fix for you, but you will need to follow these instructions below.

You need to download a specific version of the game on a Steam branch. To do so, right click on the game in your Steam library, click on properties, select the Beta tab, and select “fixmysave” in the list. When the download is complete, launch the game, click on “Continue” in order to load your old save, and see if it works.

If your save is correctly loaded, you can save once again, quit the game, go back to the Beta tab and unselect the “fixmysave” version (“opt out of all beta programs”).

Your brand new save should now be compatible with the current version of the game. However, please note that this solution may not work and you may have to launch a new game.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 23, 2015, 9:44:35 AM
When you will click the "continue" button, the game will try to load your save as usual and will fail like in the public version (the problem comes from the content of your save that as been corrupted by the first 1.0.40 bug).

*BUT* this time it should fallback to the auto-save behavior and make you start from the beginning of your last level (as it should have in 1.0.40...).

TL;DR: don't be surprised by the error message between the 2 loadings smiley: wink
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 23, 2015, 11:23:23 AM
Fantastic! Thanks so much!

Followed all your points step-by-step and was back at the beginning of Floor 7 smiley: biggrin

Thanks for a great update and for the help in being able to continue our games.

(However, being a fool, as I was dropping in and out of my game to check the bug fix, I chose Abandon once instead of save & quit... ... ... smiley: cry but the fix worked fine!)
0Send private message
9 years ago
Nov 24, 2015, 10:56:50 PM
I was unable to load my save after patching. Saw some kind of error about level generation. Etheon mentioned in the Steam forum that you'd be interested in our log files so please see the attached zip file.

I relaunched the game a few times to try the controller support so the game created several diagnostic log files. I dumped them all into the same zip, just in case. My first save error happens in the second chronological file, Diagnostics_20151124_172608.html.
Diagnostics.epmode.crash.zip
0Send private message
0Send private message
9 years ago
Nov 25, 2015, 10:21:27 AM
epmode wrote:
I was unable to load my save after patching. Saw some kind of error about level generation. Etheon mentioned in the Steam forum that you'd be interested in our log files so please see the attached zip file.

I relaunched the game a few times to try the controller support so the game created several diagnostic log files. I dumped them all into the same zip, just in case. My first save error happens in the second chronological file, Diagnostics_20151124_172608.html.

esb422 wrote:
20151124_Diagnostics.zip

I was the other post on the Steam forums that had trouble with an old save in the new patch. I've attached the diagnotics files of when I had trouble.

Hey guys,

Please refer to this post: http://steamcommunity.com/app/249050/discussions/0/485623339234139823/#c485623339234171882

We've created a Beta Branch on Steam so you can finish your previous game, but since already noticed, thanks for the files!
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment