Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Read First] Faction Creation Contest - Rules, Guidelines & Advice

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Aug 13, 2016, 12:52:58 AM
Hinin wrote:
My proposition doesn't appear on the list : is it a bug (probably caused by the length of its title...) or is it simply because I can access it from my notifications panel ?
Plus, I wanted to  suppress a comment in the devblog news about the major faction contest, but when I refresh the page it is still here. Is it also a bug or does the forum takes some time to do so (I tried first more than three hours ago) ?

I can see it, so I'd say it's probably on the next page of the contest. There are only so many entries per page. Note that you can vary which criteria you order the submissions in, too. :)

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 13, 2016, 1:41:12 AM

So if I have something like 250 words fin total. Do I automatically fail?

I literally don't know what else I can possibly cut out at this point....

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 13, 2016, 7:10:08 AM

It seems like the threads that are up the longest are, on average, going to have more votes. Is this slant going to be considered when the votes are tallied after the deadline? I'd rather take my time and aim for quality, but at the same time I'm encouraged to rush. 

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 13, 2016, 9:43:08 AM
UndeadPuppy wrote:

Find a sentence or two, cut them. See how your story stands without them. If it doesn't, try again with another sentence.

Talross wrote:

It seems like the threads that are up the longest are, on average, going to have more votes. Is this slant going to be considered when the votes are tallied after the deadline? I'd rather take my time and aim for quality, but at the same time I'm encouraged to rush. 

I'm not sure there is a causation link, as much as a correlation (submissions that are popular attracting discussion). As such and because it would be a nightmare to factor it in a way that makes sense, we don't weigh submission time or number of comments when it comes to popularity.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 13, 2016, 10:40:31 AM
Frogsquadron wrote:
Hinin wrote:
My proposition doesn't appear on the list : is it a bug (probably caused by the length of its title...) or is it simply because I can access it from my notifications panel ?
Plus, I wanted to  suppress a comment in the devblog news about the major faction contest, but when I refresh the page it is still here. Is it also a bug or does the forum takes some time to do so (I tried first more than three hours ago) ?

I can see it, so I'd say it's probably on the next page of the contest. There are only so many entries per page. Note that you can vary which criteria you order the submissions in, too. :)

Thanks you for your answer . Now I find it again, but yesterday I tried with all criteria : I'll assume it was because of my internet connection (I have difficulties to see some parts of the sites, for example the tags on the ES2 forum).

Frogsquadron wrote:
UndeadPuppy wrote:

Find a sentence or two, cut them. See how your story stands without them. If it doesn't, try again with another sentence.

Talross wrote:

I'm not sure there is a causation link, as much as a correlation (submissions that are popular attracting discussion). As such and because it would be a nightmare to factor it in a way that makes sense, we don't weigh submission time or number of comments when it comes to popularity.

In that case, I think you should tell clearly to everyone that you can upvote as many threads as they want (by editing the presentation thread instead of specifying it in comments), because I think that most people vote for one thread, and it can create a bandwagon effect. 

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
Comment