Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Welcome to the Espionage Faction Naming Contest!

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
May 5, 2018, 4:55:57 AM

The Animus of Ku.

Fragments of the mind of a once greater being, Ku, who was driven to madness.  Now his own psyche battles amongst itself for total control.

0Send private message
0Send private message
6 years ago
May 5, 2018, 3:02:51 PM

Let us name them "Vatshir," from the Yiddish word for "Watcher."

Yiddish is an ancient language, predating Latin, and unlike Latin, it is not dead.

0Send private message
6 years ago
May 5, 2018, 9:33:25 PM
Denharte wrote:

Yiddish is an ancient language, predating Latin

Well, that is not true, and I just double checked with a google search. 

Without contact with Middle High German there would not be any Yiddish originating some time within the 9th Century. 

So from my understanding its more like Spanglish than anything, and easily reminds me of Mel Brooks and his many farces and parodies that are fun to watch.

0Send private message
6 years ago
May 6, 2018, 4:35:34 AM

Jyag Runa

or

Uthark Khamat

... something that sounds like it came from some forgotten tome in the dark corners of a gothic library.

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
May 6, 2018, 10:14:16 AM

Piastur'naax

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
6 years ago
May 8, 2018, 4:30:26 PM

How are votes counted for duplicate entries? Because either way that I can think of is kinda messed up.

If you count them as entirely separate entities, then a number of people's votes go to waste competing with each other when they really wanted the same thing.

If you add them together, though, then that encourages some hard abuse where people get together to make their own threads with identical names and upvote each other.

I'm mainly asking because my idea, the Shroud, had been around since last Wednesday (around 240k points at this time), and a couple of days ago another thread appeared with the same name that has around 100k points right now.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Apr 26, 2018, 2:33:02 PM

First of all i want to ask for Vodyani to have some sort of relation(positive or negative) with them as Vodyani worship Virtual Endless and last named probably had some information about:
1. "Endless Wraith"
2. "Ancient Wraith"
3. "Ancient Mist"
4. "Eye of Mist"
5. "Corrupted Dust" - this is means that dust was corrupted even before it was discovered by endless. Something that came in mind is: Dust was corrupted when was passing some kind of rift/portal (like riftborn) and they gained sentiens and started watching/learning/spying on others since then.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Apr 25, 2018, 1:29:09 PM

Hey everyone,

As discussed in our Votes section, here is a chance for you to submit a name you think would fit our upcoming espionage faction! At the moment, we have few details on this mysterious group. Here's what we know:

- Species type: Alien (a non-human species)

- Species origin: Ancient (as old or older than the Endless, and hasn't been shaped or tampered with by them)

- Species morphology: Wraith (an incorporeal life form)

- Species visual design: Shadow Wraith (A ghostly cloud form)

Here are the rules:

• Only one submission per user. Make it count! Click here to create your own.
  • Submissions cannot be upvoted until Wednesday, May 2nd, at which point we'll unlock upvoting. You will then have one week to upvote your favorite submissions, from which we'll handpick the finalists from the top 10, who will go enter a final vote.
  • No thread bumping.

SOME TIPS:

• Think outside the box. We know very little about this faction, so don't let what we know be a limiting factor!
  • Nonetheless, the name must somewhat relate to the faction. No Spydude McSpyface or memes. Remember, we're hand-picking finalists to make sure it's a name we're also happy with!
  • One of the things we don't know is whether these folks are good, or bad, or if they even have such notions. Which one does your name embody?
  • The name must not be copyrighted material.

THE REWARD:

• You literally name the espionage faction. That's your idea. That's the idea that people liked the most. Good job, you!
  • You get your name in the credits of the game for ultimate bragging rights.
  • An official Amplitude t-shirt that will be the envy of your friends!

That's it. We can't wait to see what you come up with!

Reminder: Do not submit your idea in this thread! Create your own submission so that it can be upvoted!

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
6 years ago
Apr 25, 2018, 3:29:08 PM

I'll simply go with The Presence.

I imagine some kind of global entity, that have always been there, but about which little is known... From its origin, to its goals... Just there, surrounding everything.

(link to submission)

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
6 years ago
Apr 25, 2018, 3:36:14 PM

Please create a thread for your submission, that's how fellow community members will be able to upvote it in a week!

0Send private message
6 years ago
Apr 25, 2018, 3:41:37 PM

Simulacrums.

They are ancient thing, that existed even before Endless, but never truly lived as a race before encountered another living species, so they are basically imitating other races to gain knowledge from them and develop themselves.  Thats why they are spies, they can look for you how they want you to see them and inflitrate any society and it explains why there is so low knowledge about their existence.  You can also make interesting story about them understanding what is it to live and develop life goals. 

0Send private message
0Send private message
6 years ago
Apr 25, 2018, 3:41:48 PM
Frogsquadron wrote:

Please create a thread for your submission, that's how fellow community members will be able to upvote it in a week!

Done ! Maybe a link in the original post would be welcome, for newcomers (like me) who didn't get where we should post this ;-)

0Send private message
6 years ago
Apr 25, 2018, 3:42:55 PM

"The Effigia" (from Latin: 'apparition, copy, ghost, imitation, phantom'.)

I feel the possible meanings suit a faction centered around the methods of deception, espionage and manipulation and influence, good or bad. Something that can hide in plain sight or even pose as something else, and the uninitiated would spend their lives none the wiser about it.

0Send private message
Comment