Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Welcome to the Espionage Faction Naming Contest!

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
May 13, 2018, 4:59:52 PM
PotatoesAreBland wrote:

Isn't this over? Where's the top three picks from Amplitude?

I'd assumed it would be over, but Frogsquadron is apparently out of town until the 14th, and he seems to be running it. Maybe it'll end then?

0Send private message
6 years ago
May 14, 2018, 4:38:06 AM

Hey Guys it's been More than a Week? What's Up with this whole announcing finalists thing?

0Send private message
6 years ago
May 14, 2018, 9:36:11 AM

We were supposed to be moving on with the vote last week, but an extended maintenance of the platform pushed it back, and then it seems the rest of the team decided it was best to wait for yours truly to be back, because this way y'all get to grumble at me for your favorites not being among our top 3 pick.

We'll get this rolling over the coming days.

0Send private message
6 years ago
May 14, 2018, 7:16:52 PM
Frogsquadron wrote:

We were supposed to be moving on with the vote last week, but an extended maintenance of the platform pushed it back, and then it seems the rest of the team decided it was best to wait for yours truly to be back, because this way y'all get to grumble at me for your favorites not being among our top 3 pick.

Alright!

Looking forward to complaining that my idea didn't become a finalist, despite the fact that it never made it into the top ten.

More seriously, though, I look forward to casting my final vote on the name when the time comes, and to seeing this faction in the game itself.

0Send private message
6 years ago
May 14, 2018, 8:35:39 PM
Frogsquadron wrote:

Calling it now. Blatant favoritism!

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
6 years ago
May 16, 2018, 10:10:02 PM

Ethershroud Domain

Name can be related to Empire, Species, Politics and anything and it sounds like a big mystery! 

Edit:

Ok, I had to check twice how this works, the link in the OP-Post wasn't a shortcut to a new post _here_ ;-)

If you read this: don't make the same mistake! Instead click the link in the first post.

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
6 years ago
May 18, 2018, 10:05:44 PM
SorjinRuse wrote:

Eternity

Something that has been there forever and will remain long after the end.

You mean like this contest ?

0Send private message
6 years ago
May 19, 2018, 1:14:36 AM
o0 wrote:
Denharte wrote:

Yiddish is an ancient language, predating Latin

Well, that is not true, and I just double checked with a google search. 

Without contact with Middle High German there would not be any Yiddish originating some time within the 9th Century. 

So from my understanding its more like Spanglish than anything, and easily reminds me of Mel Brooks and his many farces and parodies that are fun to watch.

I appreciate your refusal to accept my obscure linguistic expertise as fact. I wish more exhibited your drive for truth.

Yiddish may not be THAT ancient, but many aspects of its origins are a mystery.

Still revealed to be relatively relevant, as it pertains to this species.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
6 years ago
May 21, 2018, 12:49:47 PM

I wonder if Amplitude already has the entire faction design down, ready to ship as DLC, and is just waiting for us to come up with a name that fits.

0Send private message
6 years ago
May 21, 2018, 1:05:33 PM

We're discussing design at the moment, but it's mostly high-level features and such. Then we narrow it down progressively, which is why we started with things that could inform gameplay (eg visuals and population look), and will then focus on things that will not have a meaningful impact on the game (eg name, icon).

Preparing all of this in advance to scrap it as the vote progresses to stick closer to community choices would be a waste of everybody's time!

0Send private message
6 years ago
May 22, 2018, 5:34:39 AM
Frogsquadron wrote:

We're discussing design at the moment, but it's mostly high-level features and such. Then we narrow it down progressively, which is why we started with things that could inform gameplay (eg visuals and population look), and will then focus on things that will not have a meaningful impact on the game (eg name, icon).

Preparing all of this in advance to scrap it as the vote progresses to stick closer to community choices would be a waste of everybody's time!

Perfectly Understandable, I was wondering more along the lines if you had the artwork and such down already. 

Pardon my Ignorant Musings.

0Send private message
Comment