Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

crash on start

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Oct 9, 2016, 2:45:53 PM
Aethyr_Knight wrote:

Ran into the same issue on start-up, but verifying the integrity of the game cache came back with a missing file, and changing the 3D settings in the NVIDIA control panel as suggested in the pinned common issues thread look to have fixed this for me .

Processor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
Video Card #2
Intel(R) HD Graphics 530
RAM
8.0 GB
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 (build 10240), 64-bit

Output + Diagnostics.zip
DxDiag.txt

Aethyr_Knight,

I have lookd in the files you dropped. Your DxDiag is correct and the game starts on the GTX 960M. The DxDiag states your driver version for this card is 10.18.13.5362. Not sure which "composite" driver version it means by Nvidia. But on my home PC, I have installed version 369.09, and my dxdiag says I am at version 21.21.13.6909. If I extract the last 5 digits, it means you are using driver 353.62. So it seems your driver is not the most recent, and there is still some upgrade to perform.

The type of message I see in your output log corresponds to the error message I saw on one of the Amplidudes machine. It was fixed by installing the latest drivers.

Cheers,

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 9, 2016, 2:58:53 PM
AkatsukiLeader13 wrote:

Well good to know Intel HD support is coming.  Hope its sooner rather than later.

The thing, from what we have tested on our computers, it should run already on Intel HD. Updating the drivers has fixed all the issues we faced before the release. 

The game uses DirectX11 features (corresponding to Windows 7 in 2010) and most hardwares after this time should support it. We did not include Intel HD in the Early Access config, because we feared some graphic cards would not support DX11 "for real" even though they were released after Dx11. But once again, it may work with the proper drivers.

Try to compare the driver version you have in the DxDiag, to the one found on Intel site : https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24973/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-8-1-64-bit

Thanks

Amplimath

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 11, 2016, 5:22:24 PM

I'm on a Macbook Pro

AmpliMath wrote:

Could you give us your specs if you are encountering crashes? 

Also make sure to do the usual, drivers update (from laptop manufacturer if on a laptop, otherwise NVIDIA/AMD), Steam cache integrity verification, etc... see this thread for more: 

https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space-2/forum/73-tech-support/thread/20661-read-first-common-issues-guides-and-solutions

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 12, 2016, 4:21:03 PM
watawacrazy wrote:

I'm on a Macbook Pro

AmpliMath wrote:

Could you give us your specs if you are encountering crashes? 

Also make sure to do the usual, drivers update (from laptop manufacturer if on a laptop, otherwise NVIDIA/AMD), Steam cache integrity verification, etc... see this thread for more: 

https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space-2/forum/73-tech-support/thread/20661-read-first-common-issues-guides-and-solutions

You'd have to try to update your Intel video drivers on the Windows BootCamp side. Note that currently depending on your macbook do you have an Nvidia card built in?

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 18, 2016, 5:54:05 PM

Everything is updated and I have tried everything already suggested 

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)

2.5 GHz Intel Core i5

4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 18, 2016, 6:47:10 PM
watawacrazy wrote:

Everything is updated and I have tried everything already suggested 

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)

2.5 GHz Intel Core i5

4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Note Intel cards are currently unsupported by the game. Whether it works or not is basically random. You can try to update your Intel drivers and they need to be updated as of 2016. Even then it may not work. I can't get the game to run on my ultrabook with an Intel HD4400

My understanding is that the devs are working to get Intel cards running but note that 'working to get' does not mean 'guaranteed to work in the future'. They're trying but depending on the technical hurdles they may or may not succeed.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 6, 2016, 9:28:00 PM

I have seen some mentions of loading screen 'freezing' so I will post in this thread unless what is happening in my case is new (thus I will create a new thread for it)

My game launches fine with no apparent crashes.  When I get to the loading screen the readout says everything up to "Game Launched and ready". A game session never actually starts and it seems to hang on the loading screen indefinitely. (since I see no crash report or know where logs are I cannot confirm if this is indeed a "crash")  

Here are my specs:

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.50 GHz

16 GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 5800

*According to http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/ on 10/6/2016 I can run the game on minimum requirements due to my gfx card.  Thus I don't mind running the game on higher settings but at a resolution of 1366x768

**I have tried all relevant troubleshooting in Frogsquadron's post.

Thanks, again if I need to make a new thread for this let me know.

Edit:

Added an image for reference

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 6, 2016, 5:12:33 PM

Another one with the same problem here.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 6, 2016, 5:34:41 PM

Solved.

I reinstalled the game too but that didn't work. NVIDIA sent me a notification, drivers updated and voilá! Game is working :D

0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 6, 2016, 7:15:57 PM

Same Issue here. Tried all the suggested fixes, as well as a full reinstall.

Win 7 x64

Intel Core i7-2600 3.40GHz

8Gb RAM

GeForce 970

DirectX 11

Got latest Nvidia drivers as well.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 6, 2016, 7:42:28 PM

I'm having the same crash but i think it might be cause my graphics option might not be supported? I tried everything in the pinned thread.

DxDiag export.txt

I'm windows 10 64bit (tried running in administrator)

intel(r) core(tm) i3-5020u cpu @ 2.20ghz

8.00 gb ram

Intel(R) HD graphics 5500

Directx 12

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 6, 2016, 7:56:41 PM

I'm having the same problem.  I've tried several of the suggestions and it's still crashing at that first loading screen.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 6, 2016, 8:23:15 PM

game keeps crashing

I'm windows 10 64bit tried running in administrator

intel core i3-5015U   cpu 2.10GHz 

16 gb Ram 

Intel(R) HD graphics 5500

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 6, 2016, 8:27:32 PM

The crash I mentioned in another topic is like that too.
I tried to make several manipulations you offer, but nothing changes
I add another file here, maybe he will contain more information to help you manage the problem.

Endless Space 2.zip

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 6, 2016, 8:33:26 PM

Hi all,

For those running on HD graphics only: the game is not officially supported (as per store page) on Intel HD graphics, only on Nvidia / AMD chipsets. You may however try to launch the game with the "--gui-compatibility=true" command line argument, in the General/Set Launch Options in Steam. The visual of the battles will be degraded though.

Regarding justme95: is the Nvidia card the only card on your computer? Do you have an Intel HD as well? If this is the case, try to go to your NVidia settings and force the game to run on the Nvidia card.

Cheers,

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 6, 2016, 9:26:22 PM

Same here.  I've tired everything and it doesn't work.

And it sounds like because I only have Intel HD, I won't be able to play it.

Figures.  My luck is always this bad.

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment