Intel i7-3635qm cpu 2.4 ghz 

Ram 8 gb

Windows 64 bits

Nvidia GeForce GT 640m

Is there same that i cold do

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 7, 2016, 11:17:13 AM

This may sound really entitled, and I'm sorry if it does, but do you have plans to add intel hd support in the future? I'm not in a position to be buying a new computer any time soon and I've been looking forward to ES2 since it was announced. I really don't want to have to refund it.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 7, 2016, 2:14:26 PM
Simoon wrote:

This may sound really entitled, and I'm sorry if it does, but do you have plans to add intel hd support in the future? I'm not in a position to be buying a new computer any time soon and I've been looking forward to ES2 since it was announced. I really don't want to have to refund it.

Same here.  I have a ton of games and this is the first time I've ever had this problem.  Even if I can't run the game at anything above its lowest graphical setting, the game will still run.  I love Endless Space and Endless Legends and I've been eagerly waiting for Endless Space 2.  It's absolutely frustrating to finally have it but not be able to play it.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 7, 2016, 3:23:11 PM

I'll add to the dog pile here. Game launches fine, I don't change any game settings or options for a new game, go to start the game and every time, the game crashes on the load screen, much like Zaphyr's experience. I've attached an image of the crash during the new game load screen, my dxdiag file, and two file I've found in the steam folder (Steam\steamapps\common\Endless Space 2\2016-10-07_111150) that look to be error logs. Hope this helps resolve the issue.

DxDiag.txt

EndlessSpace2 Crash.png

error.log

output_log.txt

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 7, 2016, 7:53:37 PM
I found a post in another thread by iDrunk saying to update K-Lite Codec pack which I've done. I've now gotten past the load screen of a new game and I'll let you know if it crashes again somewhere else or holds strong.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 7, 2016, 8:05:16 PM
AmpliMath wrote:

Fellows,

I was a bit tired yesterday and misspelled the command line argument. I used <space> instead of "=" in the string.

The correct command line argument should be "--gui-compatibility=true". The next build will be more tolerant to typos.

I will edit the other potsts.

Cheers,

Amplimath

Unfortunately that command line argument didnt help.

I hope you guys are making IntelHD cards comparability a priority. I honestly never heard of a game that couldnt support IntelHD, in any stage of development.  Not to sound like im insulting you guys, just that I thought intelHD was easy to work with. 

My Specte i7 can run all my steam games without errors. 

Any word on when we can expect an Intel HD compatibility fix?

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 7, 2016, 8:20:54 PM
ScorchedEarth wrote:
I found a post in another thread by iDrunk saying to update K-Lite Codec pack which I've done. I've now gotten past the load screen of a new game and I'll let you know if it crashes again somewhere else or holds strong.

I saw the post by iDrunk, I don't have the K-lite codec pack but do think I might be having a similar issue of the intro video here?:
https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space-2/forum/73-tech-support/thread/20769-new-game-loading-screen-stuck-on-game-launched-and-read

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 7, 2016, 9:00:01 PM
Zaphyr wrote:
ScorchedEarth wrote:

I saw the post by iDrunk, I don't have the K-lite codec pack but do think I might be having a similar issue of the intro video here?:
https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space-2/forum/73-tech-support/thread/20769-new-game-loading-screen-stuck-on-game-launched-and-read

Not sure if I had it either but I installed the full version of the K-Lite Codec pack and like I said, seems to have done the trick so far.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 7, 2016, 9:35:28 PM
ScorchedEarth wrote:
Zaphyr wrote:
ScorchedEarth wrote:
 ~snip~

Not sure if I had it either but I installed the full version of the K-Lite Codec pack and like I said, seems to have done the trick so far.

Well, I just did a clean install of K-Lite Codec pack (full version) using default settings and after a computer restart it still hangs on the same screen.  Thanks for the help though! This is the most similar issue I can find.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 7, 2016, 11:00:29 PM
Zaphyr wrote:
DesertFoxx wrote:

I also had this issue, but after NVIDIA update (got NVIDIA GeForce Experience), it launched and loaded games fine.

My GPU is below minimum requirement, but I lowered the resolution and kept the GOOD video option in the game. It is running smooth and beautiful.

Was your issue that the game was crashing on startup or on a new game loading screen (my post above with the loading screen)?  I just want to clarify in case I need to make a new thread.  

My original issue was crash at game launch/startup before game menu.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 8, 2016, 12:36:45 AM
DesertFoxx wrote:
Zaphyr wrote:
DesertFoxx wrote:

~snip~

Was your issue that the game was crashing on startup or on a new game loading screen (my post above with the loading screen)?  I just want to clarify in case I need to make a new thread.  

My original issue was crash at game launch/startup before game menu.

Thanks for letting me know.  I went ahead and made a new thread for my issue since I don't want to conflate my issue with this threads any further.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 8, 2016, 1:22:57 AM

Ran into the same issue on start-up, but verifying the integrity of the game cache came back with a missing file, and changing the 3D settings in the NVIDIA control panel as suggested in the pinned common issues thread look to have fixed this for me .

Processor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
Video Card #2
Intel(R) HD Graphics 530
RAM
8.0 GB
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 (build 10240), 64-bit

Output + Diagnostics.zip
DxDiag.txt

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 8, 2016, 3:01:57 AM

Having same crash issue, tried everything.

specs:

Toshiba Satellite S55-C

Windows 10 64 bit

Intel core i7-500U CPU 2.40GHz

12GB RAM

Intel HD 5500

DirectX 12

If you can fix it, I would be much grateful, I've waited for this game since it was announced.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 7, 2016, 10:15:20 AM

Fellows,

I was a bit tired yesterday and misspelled the command line argument. I used <space> instead of "=" in the string.

The correct command line argument should be "--gui-compatibility=true". The next build will be more tolerant to typos.

I will edit the other potsts.

Cheers,

Amplimath

0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 9, 2016, 3:10:33 AM
ScorchedEarth wrote:

I'll add to the dog pile here. Game launches fine, I don't change any game settings or options for a new game, go to start the game and every time, the game crashes on the load screen, much like Zaphyr's experience. I've attached an image of the crash during the new game load screen, my dxdiag file, and two file I've found in the steam folder (Steam\steamapps\common\Endless Space 2\2016-10-07_111150) that look to be error logs. Hope this helps resolve the issue.

DxDiag.txt

EndlessSpace2 Crash.png

error.log

output_log.txt

An FFMPEG crash would seem to indicate the game can't render the movie which icauses the crash.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 9, 2016, 10:10:43 AM

Hi Folks,

Yes the objective is to run on as many devices as possible for the final release. We performed some compatibility tests on Intel HD among others, and most issues were fixed by updating game drivers. Just last thursday, what seemed like a gameplay crahs (from the error log) was actually fixed by updating graphic drivers.

So we did not put Intel HD as part of the minimal specs but we want to achieve it later on.

Cheers

AmpliMath

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 9, 2016, 1:12:25 PM

I have the latest intel HD graphics drivers and it has not resolved the issue. I understand you are working on this so await a fix patiently :D

There are evidently quite a lot of early adopters with the same issue so I hope this alone prompts you to look at it sooner rather than later!

0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 9, 2016, 2:19:01 PM
Leremblompes wrote:

I have the latest intel HD graphics drivers and it has not resolved the issue. I understand you are working on this so await a fix patiently :D

There are evidently quite a lot of early adopters with the same issue so I hope this alone prompts you to look at it sooner rather than later!

Note that 'I have the latest Intel drivers' tends to be 'sort of correct but technically not' kind of thing. If you're solely relying on your manufacturer for video drivers they likely haven't updated hte Intel drivers since the dark ages. Thus those 3 year old drivers are 'the most up to date' ones according to your laptop manufacturer.

The only real way to get the latest Intel drivers is to uninstall the ones that come with your laptop, reboot, download ones directly from intel.com and install those.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment