Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[ESPROD-2321] Crash on Game start

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Dec 20, 2016, 2:31:40 AM
mixerria wrote:

The problem still persists, unfortunately. 

Can you try the --disable-ai command line launch option

0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 20, 2016, 10:46:42 AM

I have a problem of this kind with Comodo + Steam on another game.

Steam changed something two weeks ago about their network and tries to instal it but Comodo rejects it. So if I start a network game with Steam, Comodo close it.

If that's your firewall, you may try this:

After boot + 5 minutes, set comodo in gaming mode, close & restart steam then restart the game. Steam doesn't try to install their stuff anymore and it should work with the old code.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 20, 2016, 7:04:34 PM

@satoru: No good news.

@Kweel_Nakashyn: I don't use that product.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 21, 2016, 1:53:21 PM

does your steam directory (or any directory that may show up in the game adress) contain any special letters or symbols? (doesn't hurt to ask <.<)

0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 21, 2016, 2:21:49 PM
Pejman wrote:

does your steam directory (or any directory that may show up in the game adress) contain any special letters or symbols? (doesn't hurt to ask <.<)

Nope.

I also think, if that'd be the case, the game shouldn't have started before, either.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 22, 2016, 10:14:41 AM

What happens if you start in safe mode, desactivate your antivirus & firewall then launch steam & the game ?

0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 22, 2016, 3:29:07 PM

Hmm, will test this when I'm back at my regular computer - which will take a week. :D In any case, if anyone has more ideas what to test, please post them - I'm gonna set up Win10 shortly before New Year, so that'll be the last opportunity to learn new things about this bug.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 17, 2016, 10:07:36 AM

Summary / Title

The game crashes on start in the loading screen.

Description

See beneath.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Start the game via Steam

2. SEGA/Amplitude video shows up

3. Loading Screen Shows up

4. Crash to desktop without error message during said loading screen

Reproducibility

5/5

Expected Behavior

I want to play ES2, g-dammit!

Version

V0.1.21 S0 ALPHA-Public (64-bit)

Notes

Reinstallation via Steam did NOT help

All game files were without errors

Attachments

Diagnostics - 2016'12'17 @1052'57''.html

Please look into this! Game was playable after Update 1, so I guess this came with the hotfix after Update 1.

Solution:

Remove "{" and "}" from Steam name.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 22, 2016, 8:23:00 PM
Kweel_Nakashyn wrote:

Other than a faulty hardware if what I told doesn't work, I don't know : safe mode is supposed to not load non-critical piece of software.

Almost each CTD I experienced were either due to some experimental software setting I made a little while ago (and half of the time, it's firewall/AV), or to faulty hardware.

Since your game worked and hardware crash is a possibility but quite rare, it may be something you did to your computer between the time you played ES2 and now ?

No hardware changes in that period.

0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 24, 2016, 4:29:34 PM

I see that you have 8GB of RAM... If your game is like mine, it may not be enough and crash your game at loading.

For what it's worth, try looking at ram usage while it load the game, is it near 100% ram usage?

0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 26, 2016, 12:21:13 PM

Hi guys

Did you find any solution to fix this because I just bought the game and I'm experiencing the exact same issue?

The game start normally until the endless space 2 loading screen and when the loading bar starts to fill itself up the game close by itself with no errors.

I've tried to reinstall the game, reboot my computer, run as administrator, and with windows 7 compatibility but it doesn't change anything.

I don't remember how I did it but 2 or 3 times I tried to launch the game in a special way and these times I got an error messages, it said the the game wasn't able to load the steam API or something like that.

I hope this new information will help you up because I've been waiting for that game for so long and I can't wait to play it.

If you want me to post my logs just ask and I'll post them ;)

thanks guys :)

0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 26, 2016, 3:13:18 PM
Kweel_Nakashyn wrote:

And to OS/software ?

Maybe a new driver for the graphic card, but I'm not sure about that. 

Divinicus wrote:

I see that you have 8GB of RAM... If your game is like mine, it may not be enough and crash your game at loading.

For what it's worth, try looking at ram usage while it load the game, is it near 100% ram usage?

Hmm, I was experiencing heavy RAM usage in the last days before trying to play ES2, I'll look into it.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 27, 2016, 2:47:16 AM
LtClSheppard wrote:

Hi guys

Did you find any solution to fix this because I just bought the game and I'm experiencing the exact same issue?

The game start normally until the endless space 2 loading screen and when the loading bar starts to fill itself up the game close by itself with no errors.

I've tried to reinstall the game, reboot my computer, run as administrator, and with windows 7 compatibility but it doesn't change anything.

I don't remember how I did it but 2 or 3 times I tried to launch the game in a special way and these times I got an error messages, it said the the game wasn't able to load the steam API or something like that.

I hope this new information will help you up because I've been waiting for that game for so long and I can't wait to play it.

If you want me to post my logs just ask and I'll post them ;)

thanks guys :)

Note every situation is different so its not really a 'did you find a solution' thing since any particular solution may or may not apply to you

Please post your dxdiag, output_log.txt and the Diagonstics

0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 28, 2016, 10:53:28 PM
satoru wrote:

Note every situation is different so its not really a 'did you find a solution' thing since any particular solution may or may not apply to you

Yeah I know that every situation is unique because we don't have the same computers and components, but I was just thinking that maybe if you did find a solution then maybe it would also work for me (since I have the same problem) and I don't need to bother you for nothing ;) 

Anyway I've tried  everything stated in the common issues topic and nothing has work so far so here are my files:

Diagnostics - 2016'12'28 @2306'13''.html

DxDiag.txt

output_log.txt

0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 29, 2016, 3:26:52 AM
LtClSheppard wrote:
satoru wrote:

Yeah I know that every situation is unique because we don't have the same computers and components, but I was just thinking that maybe if you did find a solution then maybe it would also work for me (since I have the same problem) and I don't need to bother you for nothing ;) 

Anyway I've tried  everything stated in the common issues topic and nothing has work so far so here are my files:

Diagnostics - 2016'12'28 @2306'13''.html

DxDiag.txt

output_log.txt

your situation is likely that you need to force the game to use your Nvidia card. Force the game to use your Nvidia card via the Nvidia Control Panel.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 29, 2016, 6:36:41 PM

Ok so I followed the guide you've send me (thanks btw) and I think I already did that for the game but I did it again anyway. Here's what I've done

and yet after that the game keeps shutting down by itself...

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment